A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 8201 to 8300

Quote 8201
* Cyrus` looks up at the spare moon, and really looks hard at it. He tries to find anything Wrong or Different about it.
<AlcarGM> (( spare moon, keep one in your trunk...... ))
<Cyrus`> (( great for cloudy days or when you need that extra bit of light for a night-time stroll or human sacrifice. ))
Quote 8202
<Mary_jane`^> "Ok... So we find the queen and talk her out of it? Have you ever tried nagotiating with a fae?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "No. I dragged you away from those ones in Municiburg, if that counts. I think I was running away, though."
<Mary_jane`^> "Right... Exactly... Any other ideas?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "We could threaten to ...... I have no idea. Give then an iron acupuncture? Make up a play about them that's really insulting?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Iron accupuncture?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Nailgun."
Quote 8203
* Cyrus` shuts the combo door behind them, and leaves the castle, thinking about returning to the Real Bellona.
<AlcarGM> Peter blinks a few times at the moonlight and follows. The trip back is harder, as if something *wants* you to remain him, is telling you that this is where you belong, in the stories, in the fantasies....
<AlcarGM> You appear in the real world outside city hall, which is crowded with people demannding to know what is going on. The real mayor, who does look a bit like the bEast, or at least does have a beard*, is trying to say "We have no idea."
<AlcarGM> * the beard is not blue. Honest.
Quote 8204
* Cyrus` walks up to you after the class adjourns.
<AlcarGM> You arrive at the class. The topic among the student body is :"what the hell was that last night?" pretty much :
<AlcarGM> Make a save VS Cyrus!
<Cyrus`> (( lol ))
<AlcarGM> You fail. Cyrus walks up to you.
<Cyrus`> "Hey, MJ."
* Mary_jane`^ sneezes as she leaves class, making a bright cloud of something come out of her nose "Excuse me..." Walking out...
<Mary_jane`^> "Huh? Oh, hey."
<AlcarGM> (( Cyrus: "Do you like the moon I made?" ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh, something came by to see you the other day... red hat and all that, wanted to know where you were."
<AlcarGM> (( MJ: "Wait, that's him behind you!" *waves* ))
<AlcarGM> (( .... has to stop thinking of ways for the pcs to kill each other :p ))
Quote 8205
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh, something came by to see you the other day... red hat and all that, wanted to know where you were."
<Cyrus`> "A Red Cap? oh, dear... It didn't hurt you, did it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "not really... Well yes, but I didn't know where to tell it to go find you so I sent it to hell instead. It'd be nice if you stopped telling immortal assassins where I lived."
Quote 8206
<Cyrus`> "So you don't know what put it there?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Put what? Oh the moon? It was the fae."
<Cyrus`> "The Fae again. Okay. Must be related to the Lightbringer issue, then. All the more reason to deal with that soon. So, yeah, I've gotten dragon scale armor and I already had a weapon, so I just need to get a Title so I can help the Sister of Mercy and we can get into Oz."
<Mary_jane`^> "A title?"
<AlcarGM> (( "BUt Nora calls you Dork Boy. Does that count?" ))
Quote 8207
<Cyrus`> "I wouldn't say I'm any friend of Robin Hood. I beat him up and threatened him to get him to stop being so greedy and ruining the economy. He wasn't really giving to the poor as much as he was supposed to."
<Mary_jane`^> "Erm... So? You gunna beat up all the greedy people? I suggest you start at HC headquarters."
<Cyrus`> "Greed wasn't the issue, exactly, it was that he wasn't being true to the story."
<Mary_jane`^> "Uuuuh... Ok?"
<Mary_jane`^> "So you beat him up?"
<Cyrus`> "I tried to reason with him first! Even after he shot me. But he was being a pain."
<Mary_jane`^> "Who cares? I mean... he's just a story... Stories change. Everyone knows that."
<Cyrus`> "Well... not always for the better."
<Mary_jane`^> "So? There's always villians in stories... everyone knows that too."
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, there's supposed to be. But the hero isn't supposed to be a villain. Well, there are rare exceptions I'm sure, but in the classic stories that's usually the case."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh?"
* Cyrus` nods.
<Mary_jane`^> "Ever heard of king arthur?"
<Cyrus`> "What about him?"
<Aerdan> . o O (Tale-telling time :D)
<Cyrus`> (( Yeah, and I've been trying to end this conversation a few times cause its late :P ))
Quote 8208
<Chaos`^> that was fun
* tatterdemalion nods. Though MJ is the last person who should be criticizing people for handling situations :p
<Aerdan> :P
<Chaos`^> LoL
<Chaos`^> We just have different points of view on what's important
<Chaos`^> like robin hood stealing from a city... that's minor
* tatterdemalion nods. But important to that city :p
<Chaos`^> lol
<CaltakInspectEyelidInterior> (( Yeah, Cyrus is less selfish. Just because it doesn't directly effect him doesn't mean it isn't worth fixing. And with that, I'm really gone. ))
Quote 8209
<Alicia> ... okay, I just found the most fscked up skill ever
<Caltak> what?
<Alicia> Exalted's Craft(Courtesan)
<Aerdan> usually used in reference to those who roleplay younger characters.
<Alicia> The mind just... boggles
<Alicia> What are you crafting?
<alcar[work]> make up. Powder. Clothing.
<Alicia> At least Craft(War) makes a little bit of sense
<alcar[work]> Yes. It's for politicans who want to make people die :p
<alcar[work]> Craft(War Invitation)
<Alicia> What's funnier... one of the Exalted Charms lets you craft without tools
<Alicia> So you can fight a war without an army
<Alicia> Or... umm... courtesan without... umm... whatever
Quote 8210
<AlcarGM> Suit glares at you, the barks: "Did your previous mission strike you as unusual?"
<LiMing> "Yes. I did not get any Chocolate afterwards." <vague disgruntlement>
<AlcarGM> The man stares. Then says, very evenly, "Anything else?"
* LiMing considers.... and shrugs. "Maybe a few things."
<AlcarGM> A deep breath, then: "Elaborate," crisply.
* LiMing considers a little more. "More than a few, maybe. Hmm. Lots of things. No, everything."
<AlcarGM> The suit smiles slightly. "Well, at least one of them has a damned brain. Why did you not abort it?"
<AlcarGM> The scientist winces. "Sir, we made them to obey orders. Not selectively....." he trails off under a glare.
<LiMing> "The mission was operating well within normal operational parameters. Mostly. And when it wasn't we were already coming back anyway."
<AlcarGM> The Suit blinks. "The destruction of several blocks, visibility to to the public, an army, and a failed assasination are within normal parameters?!"
<LiMing> "Of that mission."
Quote 8211
<AlcarGM> He starts munching on the bar. "Okay, briefly your last mission wasn't clear by head office. Renegade general found out about the complex, hated the Grek, and got around some slick security protocols. End result is a massive fiasco, though no one blames you. Much."
<LiMing> "What's a fiasco?"
<LiMing> "Is it one of those paintings on a wall?"
<LiMing> "or is that just a Fresco?"
<AlcarGM> Andrews: "It's a screw up. Stealth agents aren't suppossed to make the evening news." he shrugs, sitting down. "But nothing can be done about it,mso we go forward. With ... well ... if you had a choice for a mission, what would you like to do?"
<LiMing> "Eat Chocolate."
<AlcarGM> Nighteyes: "Not have to kill people."
<AlcarGM> Andrews sighs. "Eat chocolate?"
<LiMing> "Oh, you want a Mission mission."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "Yes."
Quote 8212
<alcar> next modern game I'm in I have to make a pc with 10 hardened un unnatural, or the equivalent.
<alcar> Just for the sheer amusement value of wandering around being utterly blase about everything, or trying to at least.
<alcar> "Oh, well, sentient genital lice trying to take over your body and rule the world? Well ... I guess that's new. Does is hurt?"
<alcar> Actually, I'm not sure most players would want to be in a game that included "sentient genital lice trying to take over your body"
Quote 8213
<Mary_jane`^> "I had a wierd dream."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "More than normal?" dryly.
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, actually."
<AlcarGM> Luna looks curious. "What was it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I'd rather not talk about that part. You just said I looked wierd, I was telling you why."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "It could be important. The moon may have changed things."
<Mary_jane`^> "Erm... I doubt it was like that.. It was about me, and my brother... and sex."
<AlcarGM> She looks unusually serious. Then blinks. "And that's not normal?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh... No."
* Mary_jane`^ raises an eyebrow at her "Do you have a brother?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "No."
<Mary_jane`^> "Nevermind, then... I just wondered if you'd had sex with him."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I probably would have." SHe frowns. "I wonder if I split, if I'd end up with a brother. I could find out."
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh... No."
Quote 8214
<Mary_jane`^> "Ok... Then let's not... Let's do something to keep your mind off of it... Want to go watch some strippers? Hmm... All they have in this town is female's though... Are you a lesbian?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I've never found out."
<Mary_jane`^> "That was kind of a joke... I mean... unless you want to go watch female strippers..."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "It depends. I prefer it with skin off. It's more real."
<Mary_jane`^> "That's gross."
<AlcarGM> Luna; "Never know until you try."
<Mary_jane`^> "No, seriously... Skin is real... Trust me.."
Quote 8215
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Anyway, I'd rather be .. doing something."
<Mary_jane`^> "Like?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Getting my moon back. I wonder if it could be blown up?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Or turning that person who sent me into Nothing into a piece of modern art."
* Mary_jane`^ Quit (Ping timeout)
<AlcarGM> Doh!
<AlcarGM> COME BACK! Your boyfriend is being run over by a car!
Quote 8216
<AlcarGM> (( is now pondering the efficacy of ninja strippers ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( How would the ninja know I was going to a strip club? ))
<AlcarGM> (( Well, some of them must have jobs besides installing cable. But I was thinking more in general. Stripper Ninjas: The series! ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Uhm... ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I'll pretend you never said that ))
Quote 8217
* alcar once played a Conspiracy X game where my pc had a grenade thrown into his chest... .and took no damage.
* Alicia laughs
<Alicia> I'm reminded of D&D stupidity, like the barbarians who shove daggers into their foreheads to intimidate because "it's only 1d4 damage"
<alcar> lol!
<alcar> Never had a player try that one....
<alcar> but it DOES make sense :p
Quote 8218
<Mary_jane`^> "These people are insane..."
<AlcarGM> Voice: "I'm not insane! My name is Chris, and you're my character damn you." .... or not :p
<AlcarGM> (( though the idea of the players and GM being locked up in a mental ward in the game is strangely compelling ))
Quote 8219
<Mary_jane`^> "You shouldn't even be here..."
<AlcarGM> Gretel flinches. "Then whwere should I be?" coldly, power in her and around her. A house.. an oven....
<AlcarGM> Nora: "We're looking for the circle, not to be ... eaten by an oven....." she grins wickedly. "Oh, oven......?" and her power begins to fill the air, calling to it....
<AlcarGM> Gretel: "What -what are you doing?!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Back in your own little fairy tale... Hi, I'm from the real world.. the one where truth is a natural thing? Yeah... Nice to meet you... I imagine stories don't like truth because TRUTH HURTS. Go home, if you don't want to see the truth then you don't belong here."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I'm seducing the oven of course. We could use a new one."
<Mary_jane`^> "uhg... Nora, no fighting, remember?"
<AlcarGM> Gretel: "We have no home to go to, and your truth can't hurt. You lie," coldly....." but the power aroound her is sluggingly fading, moving.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I'm not fighting. I'm just seducing an oven."
Quote 8220
<Mary_jane`^> "Stop seducing the oven... I don't want to take you to a burn ward..."
Quote 8221
<Mary_jane`^> "She may be cleaver but she isn't very smart."
<AlcarGM> (( .... I hope that was a typo. But if not, it's an interesting idea :) ))
Quote 8222
<Mary_jane`^> "COME OUT COME OUT!"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Maybe you're scaring them away."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't scare anyone these days..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Hello? Lots of magic."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "DO you think most people could make the whole park light up?"
<AlcarGM> Tad preens :p
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, they're usually insane or stupid... Stupid people aren't scared of anything..."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "I could - oh, shi ----" silence. Something HITS your wards. Hard. Power, and a lot of it.
<Mary_jane`^> "See?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Here it comes... Hrm... YOu know the last time he said that... Hrm... Oops."
Quote 8223
* Mary_jane`^ smiles and walks for the phone
<AlcarGM> She just nods. and leaves.
<AlcarGM> 3d5
<sparkie> AlcarGM 3d5: 13
<AlcarGM> err.
<AlcarGM> 4d6
<sparkie> AlcarGM 4d6: 10
<AlcarGM> Yoiu make it to the phone easily.
Quote 8224
<AlcarGM> The ninja sighs. "What's your TV, then? It already has cable, and we didn't hook it up."
<Cyrus`> "It does? Oh, that's new. It probably has something to do with my... well, let's say generator. It's a bit unique. But as far as I know, my TV was normal before I brought it here."
<AlcarGM> He nods, then says: "Thanks." Goes to the window, then stops. "Uh . .what are you? I mean, why did you see me? I'll have to tell my supervisor about it.
<Cyrus`> "Shaman in training."
<AlcarGM> Ninja: "Oh. You're native?"
<AlcarGM> he looks around for discarded beer bottle surreptitiously, hoping you seeing him is really DTs
Quote 8225
<AlcarGM> It looks like a TV. It's TVness is very evident. When you look at it more intently, it turns itself on to static, and youget the feeling someone - or some thing - is watching you
* Cyrus` makes faces at it experimentally.
<AlcarGM> A voice whispes through the static...
<AlcarGM> All you know I know: veering plans and desk clerks glancing at the clock before lunch; shadows cowling at light ringed mirrors and freight elevator ghosts grinding a thumbful of grease on a steel handle; student riots; know that the dark woman Marked shook her heads last week because in six months prices have risen outlandishly, how sextastes after you've held it in your mouth, cold a whole minute.
* Cyrus` tries to make it out.
<AlcarGM> it trails off into silence.
<Cyrus`> "Hmm."
<Cyrus`> "WEll, that was freaky."
<Cyrus`> "You know, you're really not making me trust television any more than I did."
Quote 8226
<AlcarGM> that was fun, tho :)
<AlcarGM> it's hard ot interrogate over the phone when your mom is asking you to take out the garbage
Quote 8227
<AlcarGM> The phone rings again, 10 minutes later.
* Cyrus` was scribbling some more ideas, and picks it up. "Yes?"
<AlcarGM> Voice: "I assume you never called them?" mockingly. "Or whoever your parents really are?"
<Cyrus`> "Look, you need to lay off the narcotics."
<AlcarGM> Voice: "I know you are not Cyrus. You are not who you claim you ..... are.... "
<Cyrus`> "If I'm not Cyrus, then it's news to me. If you manage to find out who I *am* instead of who I'm *not,* then get back to me." *hangs up*
<AlcarGM> Voice: "You ..aren't ..... " a gasp ... then: "I'm .. busy right now. Really .. .busy..... stop doing that.... please......?" another gasp. "I'm ..serious now. I'm on the .... ooh .. phone.. MJ ..stop..."hangs up*
<Cyrus`> (( x_x ))
<AlcarGM> (( *smiles evilly* ))
<Cyrus`> (( I guess we can assume that got in before I hung up ))
<Cyrus`> (( because its evil. ))
Quote 8228
* Mary_jane`^ searches for the staff with her mind again "This is way off..."
<AlcarGM> You feel it, or something at least, to your left. And something else... like an echo ...
* Mary_jane`^ turns left "This way..."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "uhm, boss? I just felt myself."
<Cyrus`> (( "There will be time for that later, Tad." ))
<AlcarGM> (( lol ))
Quote 8229
<Mary_jane`^> "Bad news all around... Let's hurry."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Like I'm other there, too., but not me. Close... like .. .a diferent version?"
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "What is it?" calmly.
<Mary_jane`^> "Well even though I wasn't born in this world... I still was."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "And meeting yourself would be bad?"
<Cyrus`> (( obviously. alternate reality versions are invariably evil twins. :P ))
<AlcarGM> (( or at least you can wish they are :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, considering the people I may be, yes."
<AlcarGM> Fenrir gives you a thoughtful look.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "like what?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I mean, it could be good, but let's not take the chances..."
<AlcarGM> She nods. "Right. But I'm not eating your soul."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well it won't be the first time I've killed myself.."
Quote 8230
<AlcarGM> He sighs, and towels off his hair. "There;s a tv god? Wow. Do the other appliances have one?"
<Cyrus`> "Nah, I doubt it. Most other appliances don't get the same level of attention a TV does, even if they get used almost as much."
<AlcarGM> (( the microwave god: "I am the ... " *ding* "..... damn." ))
<AlcarGM> (( the microwave god: "You! Get back here!" ))
Quote 8231
* Mary_jane`^ looks up and down the glass field
<AlcarGM> it's currently empty, though the remaining buildings might have people - or at least things - in them.
* Mary_jane`^ walks into the glass city "Just walk and try not to attract too much attention..."
<AlcarGM> And so a truthseer, a demon, the fenrir wolf and a man in a trenchcoat with enough weapons to finance a few small wars walk across the remains of Municburg and 'try not to attract too much attention '.. and we end the session!
Quote 8232
<AlcarGM> Motivational Man!
<AlcarGM> He does motivational speeches that no one can ignore! People hearing his speeches become better workers, more efficient, and generally better people all around. He can only use the power when he is happy and wanting to make other people happy and cheerful. The power lasts for 10 minutes, or longer if he continues his pep talk.
<Mary_jane`^> lol
<Mary_jane`^> all motivational speeches work about that way
<Mary_jane`^> what makes him 'super'?
<AlcarGM> who said anything does? :p
<AlcarGM> he's convinced he's a superhero :)
<Mary_jane`^> someone give him a nice pep talk that 'anyone can be super'?
Quote 8233
<AlcarGM> The Procrastinator
<AlcarGM> He has the power to never finish anything he begins.This power coud actually be useful, since things around him simply don't finish (like countdowns on bombs), but since he's never finished anything he began he's completely unaware that it's a superpower
<AlcarGM> After being kidnapped by an evil mutant-hating ground, The W Men, he learned he had the power to not finish things, but he never got around to learning much about it (well, he began to.....). he also has a half finished costume, loist in the closet he began to clean a while back.
<Cyrus`> heh, nifty
* AlcarGM nods. Would be fun to rp :)
<Mary_jane`^> not really
<Mary_jane`^> i mean, I'd start to rp him...
<Cyrus`> I would try to RP that, except I have this policy about not RPing characters who are too close to how I really am. :P
Quote 8234
<AlcarGM> Okay.. we let off with municiburg a giant nuclear magickal waste (this is serious, because of the k in magic). And four very unique people about to cross it and try to be inconscpiuous.
Quote 8235
<AlcarGM> The leader draws himself up ... andNora smiles at me. He blinks a few times, rather dazed, and decided to find somewher . . quiet :p And private. Where he won't be interrupted
<Mary_jane`^> me? you?
<Mary_jane`^> Nora is seducing the GM
<AlcarGM> Err... him...
<Mary_jane`^> yeah...
<AlcarGM> otherwise this would be aREALLY weird session :p
Quote 8236
<Aerdan> . o O (Try sayin' the word on the staff? >.>)
<Mary_jane`^> (( The trouble is, I don't know how it's pronounced =p ))
<Aerdan> . o O (So look for the pronunciation?)
<Mary_jane`^> (( It was hard enough to know what the word actually meant... I doubt it could be uttered by a mortal tongue =p ))
<Aerdan> . o O (So use a nonmortal tongue. *cough*)
<Mary_jane`^> (( I would, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet ))
<Aerdan> . o O (Maybe one of your allies...?)
<Mary_jane`^> (( Fenrir has already said it's beyond him ))
<Aerdan> . o O (True, but he's not the only ally you have.)
<Mary_jane`^> (( Nora can't, Jeeves is a human, Kiesha is mortal, Luna is busy pretending to be mortal, Gabe is human mostly, Jacob is busy being tyler, Clotho is busy having sex... ))
Quote 8237
<AlcarGM> She sighs, slumping in the seat. "Have you ever wanted to tear out Vance's throat? or, uhm, the human equivalent?"
<Mary_jane`^> "There's a human equivalent?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Uhm .... being really mad and wanting to hurt him? Like .. " she frowns. "Not ripping his head off, but ... simliare? Hitting him with a rolled up newspaper?"
* Mary_jane`^ turns to Kiesha
<Mary_jane`^> "No, not Vance... He was trained well before I got to him."
Quote 8238
<AlcarGM> Standing by himself and waiting for you sitting on a rock is Harold Wordsworth the Fourteenth, Enforce for the Circle, Warden of the High Peak, Holder of the Staff of Suren, Lord of the Seven Thames, Wizard of the Blue, Wielder of the 9 rods of Dominion, Protector of the Lost Word, and Holder of the (a) Grail. He's holding his staff in one hand and looks bored.
<Mary_jane`^> did he gain a few titles?
<AlcarGM> (( Of course :) I can't introduce him much longer .I'm running out of titles to add :p ))
Quote 8239
<Mary_jane`^> "What does the circle think it can get out of the staff?"
<AlcarGM> Harold: "Power, of course. Enough power to make the magic do their bidding, to make the world Right." he smiles sardonically. "Of course, that would mean right for them, naturally.'
* Mary_jane`^ begins feeding the staff power, since they're in the zoo anyway
<AlcarGM> The staffd beings to take on a pale blue light.
<Mary_jane`^> "That's what Merlin wanted with the grail.. and heaven, ofcourse."
<AlcarGM> Harold: "That, of course, was not a secret. Anyone could have guessed that."
<Mary_jane`^> "I was hoping there was some darker secret behind the obvious."
<AlcarGM> Harold: "There seldom is. People are quite simple about what they want, by and large."
<Mary_jane`^> "Too true."
<AlcarGM> (( Harold has obviously never browsed fetish porn. ))
Quote 8240
<Keith> 3#1d3
<sparkie> Keith 3#1d3: 1 2 3
<Keith> oh now thats real desisive
<Keith> 3#1d3
<sparkie> Keith 3#1d3: 1 3 2
<Keith> ???
<Keith> 3#1d3
<sparkie> Keith 3#1d3: 1 2 3
<Keith> 3#1d3
<sparkie> Keith 3#1d3: 1 2 3
Quote 8241
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, another threat..." Without so much as a warning, pulling the power keeping her together that was MJ's to begin with
<AlcarGM> The power returns. Your clone gives a slight gasp of pain and looks a little fuzzy around the edges, but nothing else.
* Mary_jane`^ smiles and laughs lightly "You've grown."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Er. Point of order: this is her locii. She's ... majorly strong here. Uhm. And trying to ..... seduce me?" in an amused tone.
<AlcarGM> She returns the smile, her laugh sensual. "Oh, yes. In ways you'd never dream of. You're afraid of your power. I, am not."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, yes... However the house is still standing."
<AlcarGM> She smiles. "That's because we haven't started yet."
* Mary_jane`^ looks for her source of power, whatever is linking her with the house... They always have a rune or a symbol or pentagram linking them... Only humans can link without that.. right?
<AlcarGM> She seems to have bound herself TO the house. She IS the link. Hence, it being her source, and part of her. She made herself into a magician....
<AlcarGM> You have no idea how she could be separated without a) a lot of damage and (more importantly) b) your mom at least noticing something
<Mary_jane`^> Bah, forget that... I'll pretend there was a bomb in her tub
Quote 8242
<AlcarGM> The clone smiles. "You want to play hard? I could tear this entire building down around you."
<Mary_jane`^> "But you won't, because it is your power."
<AlcarGM> Clone: "It won't be if you destroy me now, will it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, a falling house won't hurt me."
* Mary_jane`^ points to her head "I've launched through a few cement walls before."
<AlcarGM> Clone: "It will your mother, and brother...." A binding attempts to hold you, but you're not male and Tad snaps it apart with a snicker.
<Mary_jane`^> "What about them? No one lives forever. I've changed since the battle, I'm going to outlive them anyway.. Why not get unatatched early?"
<GeminiRai> You're supposed to wait until *after* something swiftly kills everyone you care about to become a crazy hardened immortal.
<Mary_jane`^> lol i'm bluffing =p
<AlcarGM> Gemm - lies! For best effect, BE the thing that kills everyone you care about :p
Quote 8243
<Mary_jane`^> "If you want to live, then you will have to give in."
<AlcarGM> Clone: "To what?!"
<Mary_jane`^> "For one you'll have to stop fucking my brother and stealing his power!"
<AlcarGM> Clone: ".... what if he wants me to?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Then atleast don't steal his power."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "He doesn't .... not inside, where it matters. He was 10. He was becoming a teenager. It could have been Nora. His own mother. Any woman. Anyone willing, because he never thought anyone would.... his hormones spoke, not him. And your guilt and games and the shame kept it going..."
<AlcarGM> Clone: "Then . .then what do I do?"
<Mary_jane`^> "What do you WANT to do?"
<AlcarGM> Clone: "TO BE FREE!"
<AlcarGM> Snake1 to snake2: "My hormones never speak." Snake2: "You you have no idea how happy that makes me brother."
Quote 8244
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm sure Gabe can come up with a few conselors you can talk to... that can keep the magic secret to themselves... Do you want that?"
* Mary_jane`^ looks up and at her mom "We're fine... just talking... Can we be alone?"
<AlcarGM> ASnne nods, and goes inside.
* Mary_jane`^ turns to Sal
<AlcarGM> Sal: "That ... might be best. I ...." His fists clench. "I'm ... sorry. I should never have. Ever. It .. was sick. And wrong."
<Mary_jane`^> "She had the power of a succubus... she could have seduced a cucumber..."
<AlcarGM> (( Sal: "Huh? the clone? No, I'm talking about your barbies I hid from you and crucified when you were six." ))
Quote 8245
<AlcarGM> The wards are strong, and burn, rain smoking at it hits them.
<Mary_jane`^> "Hmm... Wards..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Charming." She looks the wards over. "Wow. You should be a demon, you know. You have this knack for making enemies."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Half of this is meant to stop us. Err. At least half. And that's not including the ones on the house proper.
<Mary_jane`^> "No... And for the record, this doesn't count as heated."
* Mary_jane`^ pushes power into the wards to break them
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Oh, come oh. At least *some* of those have to be lethal. You owe me twenty bucks."
<Mary_jane`^> "No, this was up before we made the bet... This was from last time."
Quote 8246
<AlcarGM> Gregory: "A question, nephew. Did she try and kill you? and if not, who?" There's power in it, forcing an answer.
<AlcarGM> Vance: "It was black cars. Four of them, just . .came down the street, as if out of thin air. I don't know why. You can leave now."
* Mary_jane`^ smiles at Greg
<AlcarGM> He, naturally, doesn't smile. "Then I will have to find out."
<Mary_jane`^> "Great! See you later."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "It -"
<AlcarGM> Gregory reaches out with one hand ..and sticks his fingers right through Vance's forehead into his head.
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh, wait, this is the part where you stop, Greg."
Quote 8247
<AlcarGM> the phone rings.
<Mary_jane`^> "AH..."
* Mary_jane`^ checks the ID and answers it
<AlcarGM> "What have you done?" Gregory demands, Not Happy At All.
<AlcarGM> (( you can tell, cuz of Baliadoc Patended Caps. ))
Quote 8248
<Mary_jane`^> "Nora, Can you do something for me?"
<AlcarGM> She grins. "Depends what it is."
<Mary_jane`^> "Heh, nothing you'll like, I"m sure... It's just... I don't trust those kids that Luna's hanging out with.. They threttened us by baking.. I think they're just... Trying to get her into the oven..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Well, yeah. But it's Luna we're talking about. I don't care how weak she is - would ANYONE want to eat her?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes... They're as insane as she could ever be."
<Mary_jane`^> "I just have a bad feeling... and when I have a bad feeling, it's usually right."
<AlcarGM> (( well, yes. becuse the GM is evil. ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... you want me to make sure two children from a fairy tale don't burn the soul of the moon in an oven?"
<Mary_jane`^> (( she gets her feelings from me because i know you ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Exactly... Trust me, the oven is more powerful than it looks, I think Mimir used to live in their house and ate children..."
<AlcarGM> (( :p ))
Quote 8249
<Mary_jane`^> the sad thing is, MJ only knows death magic because that's all that's been done on her =p
Quote 8250
<AlcarGM> The library is the only part of the town standing, at the moment. He rest is being rebuilt by, well, naked elves.
<Mary_jane`^> "...Where did these elves come from?"
* Mary_jane`^ creates a fountain at the center, and a bench to sit on, but sits on the ground instead
<Mary_jane`^> "So if you're supposed to be male, and these elves are naked and male... does that make you gay?"
<AlcarGM> Tad blinks. "Oh, them. I'm not sure why they're here. You probably need to get laid. Besides, I only look male anyway."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, I suppose... But they're good scenery... Make them make the town... Mythical industrial... elfin.. That'll be interesting.."
Quote 8251
<Mary_jane`^> "When is it?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe shrugs. "Three house, real time."
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "In three house."
<Mary_jane`^> "What the hell is a house."
<AlcarGM> err, hours. Sorry.
<Mary_jane`^> ROFLMAO
* AlcarGM has no damn clue WHY I wrote house twice :P
Quote 8252
<Chaos`^> and scales but that's kind of stupid
<alcar> Yes :P
<Chaos`^> besides, the scales represent judgement, and that's another step up ;)
<alcar> Scales, and start asking for hearts and a feather.
<Chaos`^> LoL
<Chaos`^> the sad part is that i understand that joke =(
* alcar laughs. How is that sad?!
<Chaos`^> I know too much about history because i sit on my computer too much =p
Quote 8253
<GeminiRai> These sort of weird coincidences happen all the time though. People can't just up and die without someone stumbling across them at a pivotal moment.
Quote 8254
<AlcarGM> Okay... we left off with MJ about to take on the terrible task of eating cafeteria food in a hospital.
<AlcarGM> The dice bot demands rolls for food poisoning, but we can ignore it. Vance's father is sleeping (more or less) on a chair, Vance is upstairs min the remains of a room you severely redecorated, and the jello is actually not that bad.
<Mary_jane`^> yep
* Mary_jane`^ eats the green jello and stares at it for a bit, wondering what magic makes it stay together like a solid, even though it looks liquid...
<AlcarGM> Kiesha wolfs down a burger. Gabe, wisely, just has water.
<LiMing> (if you must know.... the magic of gelatin, a translucent brittle solid substance, colorless or slightly yellow, nearly tasteless and odorless, which is created by prolonged boiling of animal skin and connective tissue.)
<LiMing> (On a commercial scale, gelatin is made from by-products of the meat and leather industry, mainly pork skins, pork and cattle bones, or split cattle hides.)
<Mary_jane`^> (( I know how geletin is made.. it was a joke >< ))
Quote 8255
<Caltak> hows it goin? :D
<AlcarGM> Is going good, but work has lead to busy end of shifts :(
<AlcarGM> wehich means the weekend sessions of this game end up rather late, your time. But, aside from that, life is food. You?
<AlcarGM> Err, life is good.
<Caltak> lol, life is food.
Quote 8256
<Mary_jane`^> "Expose his affair with his wife?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "How does someone have a affair with their own wife?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Uhg... Nevermind."
Quote 8257
<AlcarGM> You reach the top of the hil. What looks like a giant rock made out out of trasyh is there, with eyes. And claws. And sharp teeth, since it has quite a few mouths.
<Mary_jane`^> "Talk about low self esteem..." Quietly to herself
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Uh .. yeah....."
<AlcarGM> The creature growls, in different notes. It doesn't move, yet, but you suspect it's faster than it looks. It'd have to be.
<Mary_jane`^> "This isn't where we're meeting is it?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "About half an hour walking past this, I think."
* Mary_jane`^ walks around the trash heap without a word
<AlcarGM> It moves in front, splitting into two as it does so.
* Mary_jane`^ stops "Ok..."
* Mary_jane`^ sets Gabe down "I'm really not in the mood for this." Searching her folds for the sword, drawing it after a bit of searching
<AlcarGM> The creature blinks, looking a bit worried.
<Mary_jane`^> "If you move now, no one gets hurt."
<AlcarGM> The creature considers that, then moves a clawed arm to rip your face off :P
Quote 8258
<AlcarGM> The girl wakes up witha yawn, watches them argue, and wanders over to you. She's thin, definitely homeless, mexican. And grins. "Hi! It's nice to someone knew here."
<Mary_jane`^> "Hi... How are you?"
<AlcarGM> She grins. "Bored. They just talk a lot."
<Mary_jane`^> "Doesn't surprise me."
<AlcarGM> London is saying something about energy conservation and applied metathermodynamics.
<Mary_jane`^> "Do they actually get anything done?"
<AlcarGM> She nods. "Mostly banishing people for saying they get nothing done. But they are important. Cities being angry with people is bad, even if they are other cities. New York learned that with the whole world trade centre. Baghdad might not be much, but it's old. And had genies."
<AlcarGM> (( see? It WAS Saddam's fault. ))
Quote 8259
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "He's in critical care. We'd need a healer. A good one."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah... Where's jake when you need him..."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and thinks "I know of a saint.. but she can't heal... No idea."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "He's in a psychiatric hospital."
<Mary_jane`^> "He's WHAT? WHERE!? When were you going to tell me!? I thought Tyler would just... forget about it... Like a coma!"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Was looking for people for your brother, earlier. Fou d out about him by accident. And was going to today, but we've been busy. It sort of slipped my mind."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: ".... okay. Maybe we DON'T go with a healer in a loony bin?"
* Mary_jane`^ runs her fingers through her hair "Damnit... This day can't get any worse..."
* the_computer perks up.
<Mary_jane`^> "No, Tyler couldn't do anything if he wanted..."
* the_computer readies dice.
Quote 8260
<AlcarGM> Kiesha just nods. "Do you love him?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh yes, I think I do..."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "How do you know?"
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs "It's hard to describe... Just... I feel special around him."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "That's it?"
<AlcarGM> She looks disappointed :P
<Mary_jane`^> "No, the rest is really hard to describe, and I"m not going to even try.. Better people than me have failed at describing love."
<sparkie> it's when you want to burn someone alive but you don't.
* sparkie wants a prize.
<Mary_jane`^> no that's marriage
Quote 8261
<AlcarGM> The door is opened by a tired orderly in a white lab coat, reading "Doug" in it. He's thin, bespecaled, pale, and a vampire. "Oh, you're the .... doctor?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Ofcourse I'm the doctor."
<AlcarGM> He looks yo over, then shrugs and hands you a clipboard. "Sign here. We've got Mr. Smith on the fifth floor. With the ... difficult .. cases."
* Mary_jane`^ signs '/////' on the board
<Mary_jane`^> (( Doctor's slant =p ))
Quote 8262
<AlcarGM> He looks at you, his eyes blue from edge to edge now, burning with fire. "You are a truthseer."
* Mary_jane`^ looks up from her notes "And what is a truthseer Mr. Smith?"
<AlcarGM> He blinks, looking surprised for the first time. "YOu are lying," in an accusing tone. "How can you lie?"
<Mary_jane`^> "And how do you know I'm lieing?"
<AlcarGM> Andrew Smith: "Truthseers should never lie. You're weak."
<AlcarGM> He laughs, a little sadly. "You think he loves you. But he doesn't know you. He's never killed like you. He thinks you're a good person. A nice person."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes, well I haven't been admitted to a mental hospital..." Writing down 'shows signs of god complex' on her sheet "Tell me about yourself Mr. Smith."
Quote 8263
<Mary_jane`^> "He's in the mental hospital because he's been having dreams of me torchering him."
<AlcarGM> Gabe "Oh ... you haven't, I take it?" with a straight face.
<Mary_jane`^> "It's a future."
Quote 8264
<AlcarGM> Tyler turns towards you. "You .. I .. I've seen you," slowly,carefully.
<Mary_jane`^> "No, you've only seen me in dreams... But not all dreams are true."
<AlcarGM> Tyler: "Mine are. They always happen." He shudders, not seeing you but rather some inward hell. "always."
<Mary_jane`^> "Your dreams are just possible futures based off of wierd maths embedded in your head."
<Mary_jane`^> "They're not set in stone, they are just the most likely to happen."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Way tomake him feel better," as he comes back over.
Quote 8265
<AlcarGM> Tyler enters the room. Dan is there, pacing back and forth. Kiesha is just lounging against the wall and nods when you enter.
<AlcarGM> Tyler stops, looking at Chesed and Geburah above the bed with a puzzled expression of faint recognition, then dismisses it and looks at Vance. "Uhm. How do I heal him?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Hmm... Let's see... Jake did it by, well first he just kind of willed it to happen... if that didn't work he used contact, plus will... And if that didn't work he just told the wounds to Heal... Never got farther than that."
<AlcarGM> Tyler: "Told them to .. uh. .. right..." He walks over, putting his hands on Vance's chest. "Heal ..... please?"
<AlcarGM> Dan: "THIS is yor healer?" a bit disbelievingly.
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Hey, he just got out of the asylum. Give him time."
<AlcarGM> Strangely,that doesn't seem to comfort Vance's father :p
Quote 8266
<AlcarGM> The snake .. is bigger, here. It had 4 legs. Wings. A long tail, and is now black, but not a boring black ..more thousands of shades of black glittering like dark mirrors. Burning white eyes regard you coldly as the dragon, a good 3 stories tall, looms over you
<Mary_jane`^> "Huh... Who the hell are you?"
<AlcarGM> The dragon looks down at you. "My name .... is ..... Fred."
<Mary_jane`^> "Fred?"
<AlcarGM> The dragon nods.
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh-huh... What are you doing here Fred?"
<AlcarGM> It somehow seemsa a bit less menacing now. Fred just isn't that much of a dangerous name, really.
<AlcarGM> Fred the Dragon: "Killng anyone who comes looking for the King."
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh... Why?"
<AlcarGM> Fred the Dragon: "Because I owed him a favour, and this is the favour. I trust you will leave? I don't actually like killing. It's more a hobby."
<Mary_jane`^> "It must have been a big favor, I mean... you're risking your life out here."
<AlcarGM> Fred stares at you as if you're stupid. "I very muchn doubt that, mortal. *I* am a dragon."
Quote 8267
<Mary_jane`^> "Dragons can die... How do you think Ygg became eldest? He's stupid and... weak."
<AlcarGM> Fred: "Ygg is a coward, and a fool. When the revolution comes, he will be the first against the horde!"
Quote 8268
<AlcarGM> You thrust. The dragon moves, but not quite fast enough. The other dragon images vanish, and Fred moves back slowly, blood dripping from a nasty gash through one wing.
* Mary_jane`^ is trying her hardest...
* Mary_jane`^ turns to Fred
<AlcarGM> Fred: "You actually *hurt* me....." He looks astonished.
<AlcarGM> He begins to circle you slowly, warily.
<Mary_jane`^> "He wouldn't have sent just anyone to take care of a fisher king.."
<Mary_jane`^> "You can leave now... Perhaps we may both survive."
<AlcarGM> Fred: "Leave? Nonsense! This is the most fun I've had in centuries!"
<Mary_jane`^> "You're insane, aren't you?"
<AlcarGM> Fred: "Isn't everyone?"
Quote 8269
<AlcarGM> Tad: "We could try blood magic. His blood is on the ground....."
<Mary_jane`^> "I've never done blood magic with someone else's blood."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Maybe we should start?" a little desperately.
<Mary_jane`^> "Don't be so scared... We've been through alot worse with alot less..."
<AlcarGM> Fred the Dragon: "How ... interesting." He breaks the spell with a thought, looking you over thoughtfully.
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Err ... right. Remind me of one?"
* Mary_jane`^ tries to use the blood on the ground to call some of the old magic to bind the dragon...
<Mary_jane`^> "Well... When I think of it, I'll tell you. You just need to remain calm.. That's how people get killed, by panicking."
Quote 8270
<AlcarGM> You limp,a nd reach the fae glamour around the street and home. It's a bit bigger now.
<AlcarGM> More intricate. And definitely airmed to keep you out. He also removed the message you wrote :P
* Mary_jane`^ shoves the staff in the ward and twists it sideways violently, breaking it...
<Mary_jane`^> (( It being realative to which is stronger =p ))
Quote 8271
<Mary_jane`^> "Please tell me you're worn out from trying to take your city back."
<AlcarGM> Sam Kidd: "You are getting to be very annoying, you know. Bellona IS mine. And you are NOT welcome here."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't care. I came on the request of the chained god. He demands justice."
<AlcarGM> Sam Kidd:L "How ... melodramatic. I don't know any such god. I do know that Fred should have killed you. He was good enough to, after all, unless there is much more to you than I thought."
<AlcarGM> He is looking at your breats, natch.
Quote 8272
<AlcarGM> You walk upstairs, and into the apartment. Nora looks rather relieved. "It's not midnight... you manage to get to him?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, but I had to fight a dragon.. it was pretty gorey..."
<Mary_jane`^> "By the way, I can't lie anymore."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Oh. Well, don't call your mom anytime soon, then."
Quote 8273
<Mary_jane`^> If you'sk me I th'k it's him, he seems sh-shady! He pos'd y'r'dad with blood m'gk! Seems t'me like he'd want s'mone dead... m'be me. But th'guard was 'fter you so I don' think it was him, could've been th'person he ment'nd th't might've killed you from before, who was he talk'n bout?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Doesn' matter much to me who he was reffr'n too i jus think he should fin' other waysof gettin' informat'n."
<Mary_jane`^> "You know it's bright in here I think I'm going outside."
<AlcarGM> (( .... what? :p ))
* Mary_jane`^ stands up and walks for the door
<AlcarGM> (( please don't use the internet language changers :) ))
<AlcarGM> Vance follows, throwing his coffee in the garbage. Nora says to have fun.
<Mary_jane`^> (( That isn't an internet language changer, that's the product of too much caffeen in the span of about 10 minutes =p ))
<AlcarGM> (( ..... ))
Quote 8274
<AlcarGM> Vance: "... and I thought having a car try and kill me was .. bad. How many times have people tried to kill you?!"
<AlcarGM> (( Pauses the game for half an hour for the player to come to a total :p ))
Quote 8275
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Oh, the sun is out." She scowls at it.
<Mary_jane`^> "You haven't spoken with him?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "We don't talk."
<Mary_jane`^> "You might want to consider it. He's trying to blow up the world."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Oh, that. He tries that a lot. He only managed it with one world. The rest have defences now.:
<Mary_jane`^> "He's been trying every night for the last week."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Then he needs a new hobby."
Quote 8276
<Mary_jane`^> "A curse.. She was about to die."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Fae don't die. Well. Not normally... so, what was it? Don't you remember it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Ofcourse I don't remember it, I was busy watching a fae die."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "WHAT?!"
<AlcarGM> She glares at you.
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "How can you not remember it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "There was a fae, with blood and... Whatever fae look like when they're not people... I mean... She was dieing and she looked like energy with blood and she ws telling me there was nothing I could do and I was mad, then she started talking about this curse."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "... so what did she say?!"
<AlcarGM> she looks ready to shake you :)
<Mary_jane`^> "It was really rather climactic and there were alot of words..."
<AlcarGM> (( now I want to write a fantasy stotry about a Prophecied Hero . .who zoned out during the big prophecy speech :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( =p ))
Quote 8277
<Mary_jane`^> "Alright..." Clearing her throat.. "It went something like this:
<Mary_jane`^> Queen of Air and Darkness, whose name I dare not utter. Queen before the Queen and King--First of the eldest, last of those who saved us. You go too far. I curse you in the prescense of a mortal, of those who have shed blood and power. The Riders will hunt you, the Third Act will end you and may you find no sanctuary in this or any domain
<Mary_jane`^> (unless freely given and your powers be stripped by the lies you have woven.) With my death in the pressence of a truthseer I swear it."
<Mary_jane`^> "Although it was different, because she was stuttering and dieing."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I hope the stuttering doesn't ruin it."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't think so, it actually put emphasis on some words."
<AlcarGM> She frowns. "The problem is .who is the queen? Is it you?"
<Mary_jane`^> "When you're dieing and coughing and stuttering your final curse, I'll be sure to remind you not to stutter."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Because that would complicate things."
Quote 8278
<SuperNinjaGirl> I want to be a Ninjitsumancer
* sparkie is now known as SuperDuperNinjaBot
<SuperNinjaGirl> The paradox of the ninjitsumancer is that they must be extremely flashy and cool, yet not be noticed
<alcar[away]> naked.
<SuperNinjaGirl> Is that even possible? To be visibly awesome, yet NOT BE NOTICED?
<alcar[away]> Of course. *I* am not noticed by people all the time!
Quote 8279
<AlcarGM> The train shudders and creaks. Something heavy lands on the roof, and a voice hisses: "Prettty foods, all inside... Precious. Lots of protiens. And nutrients. And food groups. Like scream, and beg, and pleads Yes.."
<Mary_jane`^> "What the hell is on the train?"
<AlcarGM> Voice: "My precious. All good and gooey in the centre. Like rolos. Eat you all up. Good to the last drops..."
* Mary_jane`^ looks at the conductor "is this normal?"
<AlcarGM> Conductor: "No idea." He raises his voice. "We'll have none of that. This is the Last Train, and it's protected. So get lost."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "Something always tries to get in.
<AlcarGM> Voice: "But it's my birthday," in a whine, a fist making a rather large indent into the roof.
<AlcarGM> Conductor: "We don't care. Get off."
<AlcarGM> There is a yelp, and something slams inot the side of the train, only to bounce off. "It burns! Lousy, stinking trainies burns!"
Quote 8280
<AlcarGM> The zombie cop stops in front of you. "Excuse me, but you don't seem to be around here." One of his toes is runing up the street behind him to catch up to him and squirms through his boot to reattach itself
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh? What would make you think that?"
<AlcarGM> The zombie cop smiles. At least, you hope it smile. Maybe the undead get constipated. "You seem to be alive. I hope you aen't commies," he says sternly.
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh... I almost died once..." And pointing at Lance "he almost killed me once too."
<AlcarGM> Zombie Cop (probably named Officer Bob): "Almost dying is not the same thing," sternly. "We take dying very seriously around here. Everyone had their deathday party, and we eat the candles. We don't like the living here."
Quote 8281
<AlcarGM> He frowns, then nods and steps aside. "Are you sure you aren't commies?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "GOod then YTou can't trust them. Commies can be anywhere. Own wife was one. Tried to run off with a neighbour, so I had to gnu her down and lock her in the basement."
Quote 8282
* Mary_jane`^ searches her pockets "i don't know if I kept it..."
<AlcarGM> You find it after a bit of searhing in your purse.
<Mary_jane`^> I have a purse?
<AlcarGM> .. you're female. How could you not?! :p
<Mary_jane`^> Well
<Mary_jane`^> it'd get in the way awfully easy
<AlcarGM> Okay, pocket then :)
<Mary_jane`^> i'm fairly sure it'd just hinder...
Quote 8283
<Mary_jane`^> "All evidence of them has disapeared. They weren't destroyed, and they weren't moved."
<AlcarGM> Accountant: "What are you talking about? I have the emplyee slips in desk 8 here, and we email the hours each employee works on the Condos every day."
<Mary_jane`^> "To who?"
<AlcarGM> Accoutant: "HR, of course. The Computer processes them all."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "Fine..."
* Mary_jane`^ walks over to him "Show me the forms and i'll let it drop."
<AlcarGM> Accoutant: "What is your ID number?"
<AlcarGM> He's definitely suspicious now.
<Mary_jane`^> (( Revol-U-TIN ))
<AlcarGM> (( *grins* ))
Quote 8284
<Renelle> ...
<Renelle> Would Koolaidman be a hero or a villain?
<Caltak> Depends if he uses his powers to bust through walls and shout "OH YEAH!" for noble purposes or not.
<Renelle> Koolaidman would definitely class as a useless superhero
Quote 8285
<Renelle> ... I'm picturing a bunch of tech-savvy scurvy dogs... called the Software Pirates
<Caltak> "Music should be free! And games! You know what? All data should be free!!"
<Dev> kekeke
* alcar laughs. Yeah ....
<Caltak> "Here, have some free Nuclear Secrets!"
<Dev> That used to be me, you know.
<Dev> I did that.
<Dev> :P
<alcar> They can be opposed by the Young Conservatives! Former software pirates who have seen the error of their ways.
<Caltak> Distribute CD-Rs to people randomly that have restricted government information and incomplete video games on them...
Quote 8286
<LiMing> what are we going to do with Li Ming?
<LiMing> she does not want to go away
* alcar throws chocolate into #dielimingdie
* LiMing invites you to join #dielimingdie
<LiMing> you left before I couild /kick you
Quote 8287
<AlcarGM> Vance: "This is weird...."
<Mary_jane`^> "How so?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "You want to invade the biggest corporation on the planet with four people," dryly.
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, yes... We used six people last time and that was too many."
<AlcarGM> Vance blinks. Stares. Then just nods.
Quote 8288
<Mary_jane`^> "I need to get to Deleware."
<AlcarGM> She frowns. "For what reason?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I need to bust some heads."
Quote 8289
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, the building in Municiburg had a king like thing..."
<Mary_jane`^> "I bet it's the CEO, let's find him."
<AlcarGM> Gabe nods. "A subsidiary of the company itself. The CEO is the closest thing to a king, and CEOs can be replaced easily. I'm not sure HC *can* be killed,except via devaling its stock. Which is hard."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, we could force them to declare bankruptcy and finish with a hostile takeover."
<AlcarGM> Gabe nods. "They have too many front companies for that. I think it did happen about eighty years ago, but the actual entity just got a different name and began again."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well we could just kill everyone in the company and pretend it never existed. Like deleware."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Taking out it and all front companies could kill it, in the modern world. It's harder to hide than it used to be." He frowns. "Or that. But they epmploy a LOT of people. It would probably trigger a global recession."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "You'd seriously consider killing the all?" He looks rather horrified.
<Mary_jane`^> "Uhg.. No. There's too many."
Quote 8290
<AlcarGM> Vance stares as everyone gets off the bus. A few of the passengers notice it, but it seems to be normal here. You do notice there is a large proliferation of Starbucks (Starbuckes? .. we need a plural... Flock?)
<Mary_jane`^> Maybe it's a pride of starbucks
<AlcarGM> (( pride'd be cool :P ... i wonder if we should email starbucks about it. ))
Quote 8291
<AlcarGM> In the city of Dover that lies in a state that does not actually exist, on the steet Ursa Beta Minor lies Malgrathea Publishing, proof that even evil corporations have a sense of humour. The fact that is is close by the World Trade Centre calls that sense of humour into question, but most jokes aren't that funny anyway.
<AlcarGM> The building has several Delaware State Police men armed to the teeth (in one case literally), standing guard and is lit up as if it was a busy workday, with lots of people bustlingaround inside not unlike ants in an anthill.
<Mary_jane`^> "Remember the thing where I said we're not killing anyone?"
<AlcarGM> Vance nods.
<AlcarGM> Lancelot just looks amused.
<Mary_jane`^> "Just making sure..."
Quote 8292
* Mary_jane`^ frowns and types in 'the time the moon split in two'
<AlcarGM> One Entry: "The splitting of the moon occurs only in certain mythologies, generally preceeding the death of one moon and the birth of another. Two occassions are known on differrnt timelines, the former because of divine intervention (see Washpot, Divine), and the latter involved incompetence on the part of the spirit of the moon." (Cont)
* Mary_jane`^ pushes the down arrow
<AlcarGM> "Reasons for such an event happening generally carry apocalyptic connotations. On HC-Earth, it is believed that if Fenrir (q.v) were to eat the moon improperly, ti could split into two, thouugh the actual myth of Ragnarok already occured in the previous universe."
<Mary_jane`^> "Hc-earth? Seriously?"
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and writes some notes on a random pad and types in 'divine washpot'
<AlcarGM> "Other possible speculations include gross distortion of base reality (generally accepted to be caused by magic, though Disco is a disinct possibility).. TGhe acxtual outcome of such an event if generally the demise of one, or both moons, and the sun, creating a new timeline. This has not yet been tested."
<AlcarGM> (( well what else would they call it? :) ))
<AlcarGM> You get an entry about a divine chamber pot that ruled an entire universe until someone inadverdently pissed in it, leading to it creating a second moon, disturbing the entire fabric of the universe and destroying it.
Quote 8293
<Mary_jane`^> "Hey, what's the name of the king from atlantis?"
* Mary_jane`^ goes to the welcome screen
<AlcarGM> (( Prospero :p ))
<AlcarGM> Vance: "... Atlantis had a king?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Err.. yeah."
* Mary_jane`^ types in Prospero
<AlcarGM> The screen vanishes. A voice, sexless, says: "Good afternoon."
* Mary_jane`^ Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<AlcarGM> Voice: "Location has been moved. You have been reset by peer. Have a nice day!"
Quote 8294
<Mary_jane`^> He's a fiendish gay paranormal investigator living undercover at Ringling Bros. Circus. She's a radical French-Canadian hooker from Mars. They fight crime!
<AlcarGM> ....
<AlcarGM> I LOVE it :p
Quote 8295
<AlcarGM> He's a lounge-singing small-town messiah who hangs with the wrong crowd. She's a manipulative goth research scientist with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!
<AlcarGM> I shudder to think of the evil twin :p
<AlcarGM> "are you sure she is the evil one?"
Quote 8296
<Mary_jane`^> He's a Nobel prize-winning chivalrous messiah whom everyone believes is mad. She's a scantily clad winged traffic cop in the wrong place at the wrong time. They fight crime!
<Mary_jane`^> Ok... Everyone thinks he's mad because he says he's a messiah
<Mary_jane`^> she is at the wrong place at the wrong time because she's scantilly clad, with wings and in traffic
Quote 8297
<AlcarGM> He's a notorious alcoholic jungle king who must take medication to keep him sane. S
<AlcarGM> I want to play that :p
Quote 8298
<Mary_jane`^> He's an oversexed gay senator looking for 'the Big One.'
<AlcarGM> "Hello, Mr. President!"
<Mary_jane`^> ...
<AlcarGM> :p
<Mary_jane`^> ROFL
Quote 8299
<Mary_jane`^> He's a time-tossed arachnophobic cyborg looking for a cure to the poison coursing through his veins. She's a strong-willed communist Hell's Angel married to the Mob. They fight crime!
<Mary_jane`^> The poison is OIL
<AlcarGM> Nah. Windows. 3.1
Quote 8300
<AlcarGM> He's a genetically engineered vegetarian dog-catcher with a passion for fast cars.
<AlcarGM> chasing 'em :p
<Mary_jane`^> LoL
<Mary_jane`^> he eats the rubber
<Mary_jane`^> it's fossilized plants right?
<AlcarGM> lol. That would rock :)