A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 8101 to 8200

Quote 8101
<Mary_jane`^> "Is she still trying to get in?"
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Yes, but it's easy to keep her back. You just had to tell the bear to try, didn't you?"
<Mary_jane`^> "It wasn't an invitation, it was a threat."
<AlcarGM> Fenrir: "You have any interesting relationship with your power," in an amused tone.
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Next time, could you clarify that to invisible bears?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I wasn't aware that language in my own head was sensitive. Would you like me to use the high tongue? It's rather specific."
* Mary_jane`^ turns to Fenrir "He doesn't like the way I do things..."
<AlcarGM> Tad: "Yes, if it means Miimir doesn't try and kill us!"
<AlcarGM> Fenrir: "Rather high strung."
<Mary_jane`^> "he doesn't like being dead."
Quote 8102
<AlcarGM> Kiesha sniffs the air, then growls and shifts to human. "Something is following us."
<Cyrus`> "What, again? I swear, if it's that Wolf again... Not that I have anything against wolves in general. Just the one."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "No .... people." She sniffs. "Young people. And.. music?" She frowns back at the woods. "Close, too. Fly, and fast." She changes, taking off over the hills.
<Cyrus`> "From kids?" *shrugs, and flies after her*
<AlcarGM> She growls something, annoyed, but since she's a wolf you have no ideaa what it was.
<AlcarGM> A minute later children come out of thew woods. Many of them, 10 years old at the latest, some as young as two . .all of them running after you silently, singing to themselves though you can't hear the song. THeir movements are. odd. Disjointed, as if they were dancing, or trying to. And they look hungry.\
<AlcarGM> (( Yup :p ))
<Cyrus`> (( holy shit, really? ))
* Cyrus` looks back over his shoulder. "Oh, I get it." *flies faster*
Quote 8103
<AlcarGM> And . .because it's a hospital .. . it takes over an hour for the staff to actually notice you, and an hour in total before you end up in a room with an elderly doctor who frowns at youg leg when you take your clothing off and get into a ridiculous hospital gown.
<AlcarGM> "So ... a friend shot you with an arrow, hmm?"
* Cyrus` likely has some cheap health insurance that gets paid by his parents that may or may not actually exist.
* Cyrus` nods.
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, it was getting dark and we really should've packed up... I got in the way like an idiot."
<AlcarGM> "Huh. Your friend bandage it?" Doctor Atkins asks, removing the bandage
<Cyrus`> "Well, we sort of both put this together until I could get back to the dorms and call a cab."
<Cyrus`> (( "Didn't you have aheart attack?" ))
<AlcarGM> (( "Of course not. I'm Famine." ))
Quote 8104
* Cyrus` slides out of the bed, and checks his calendar to make sure he didn't have something to do today that he might have spaced about.
<Cyrus`> (( there's homework too, but aside from that. ))
<AlcarGM> Nothing listed. There is a message on your marchine from one of your larp buddies about a D&D game monday night and cookies falling out of the sky.
<AlcarGM> you suspect that must be the plot of the game.
* Cyrus` sincerely hopes not.
Quote 8105
<AlcarGM> Chaos - who is MJ having over tomorrow? ;p
<Mary_jane`^> Fenrir
<AlcarGM> ah, but that's in her head :p
<Mary_jane`^> yes
<Mary_jane`^> but I don't want them jumping out of my head in the middle of dinner =p
<AlcarGM> Vance: "pass the . .giant wolf ...."
<Mary_jane`^> yes
<AlcarGM> that would rock :)
<Mary_jane`^> no
<Mary_jane`^> that's why she is waiting until after they leave =p
Quote 8106
<Cyrus`> "I need to ask the Wizard about the name of the Lightbringer who's taking over the story realm."
<AlcarGM> Peter; "I never heard about that. But Neverland was never important anyway. When the Black Queen and White King were fighting their war, the never entered Neverland."
<Cyrus`> "I think this started recently. It's why the dragon showed up in the Heart of the City, and why MJ saw knights."
<AlcarGM> Peter nods. "THe Black/White war ended in stalemate long ago. THey ran out of pieces for the board, and couldn't abgree on the colour of cjhildren if they married. Chess pieces shouldn't do things like that."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "I always thought beige would have been nice, but no one ever asked me."
Quote 8107
<AlcarGM> You might want to introduce Peter to a shower as well :p
<AlcarGM> Though explaining him being here toanyone else in the bathroom might be difficult :)
* Cyrus` sniffs. "Geez Pete, have you been washing at all? wait, nevermind. Silly question."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "You told me not to leave! And I didn't, even when I was hungry."
* Cyrus` nods. "Right, right, nevermind. That was good. Hmm... if I take you to the showers here, that could be a little weird."
<Cyrus`> "Oh well. Guess that settles it." *grabs a change of clothes for him* "Let's go see MJ."
<AlcarGM> (( considers what people woudl do to cyrus when a 12 year old kid ended up i the showers. "Oh! I am living with Cyrus, but no one is to know that." ))
* Cyrus` drives them to her apartment, to show her the DVD and ask if Peter can shower. :P
<AlcarGM> k, game1 :)
<Cyrus`> (( "He doesn't make me sleep in the closet anymore, he lets me sleep in his bed." ))
Quote 8108
<AlcarGM> Cyrus is limping, and Peter Pan .. .welll.. he spent 2 dsays ain dorm room with little food.He needs a shower. Yesterday :p
* Cyrus` is standing with a crutch, and a bandaged leg. He holds out a DVD in a case.
<Cyrus`> (( or, no crutch actually, easier to jsut limp ))
<AlcarGM> Peter still looks wary of you.
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh my god you stink... Bathroom, NOW!"
* Cyrus` hands Peter the change of clothes he brought.
<AlcarGM> Peter: "But what if the white beast tries to eat my foot again?"
* Mary_jane`^ looks at Peter
<Cyrus`> "The whit-- Ok, I need to go over this with you, don't I?"
<Mary_jane`^> "If you don't take a shower now, then you'll have to wait outside."
Quote 8109
<AlcarGM> The DVD is labelled. La Fin De Siecle: The Complete Series
<AlcarGM> it seemed to be anime.
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh... La Fin De Siecle... Mmm... End of Century? Sorry my french is a little rusty..."
<Cyrus`> (( I can't wait for the Mortal City OAVs. ^_^ ))
* Cyrus` brings her attentiont to the cover art, if it hasnt changed from before.
* Mary_jane`^ looks at the cover art
<Cyrus`> "Anyone there look familair to you?"
<AlcarGM> It's a picture of You. Nora. And Jake.
<AlcarGM> Rather good pictures.
<Mary_jane`^> "Erm... That's interesting... Where'd you get it?"
<AlcarGM> You have the sword. Jacob a firey halo, and Nor's eyes are black and she looks ... well .. like a dominatrix. Your eyes and breasts are also disproportionatly large :p
<Cyrus`> "The story realm. It appeared while I was explaining to Robin Hood that he was a Story."
Quote 8110
<Mary_jane`^> "We have to find out who made this."
<Cyrus`> "The thing just sort of appeared, and there was some laughter. That's it."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ok.. Then we have to find this #game1 publishing."
<Cyrus`> "Check the phone book?"
* Mary_jane`^ sighs "I doubt they're HERE..."
* Mary_jane`^ checks the phone book
<Cyrus`> "Online?"
<AlcarGM> It's, of course, not in the phone book.
<AlcarGM> The phone rings.
* Mary_jane`^ answers the phone
<AlcarGM> "Seven days," a female voice, old and grouchy, whispers. Giggles. And hangs up.
* Mary_jane`^ frowns
* Mary_jane`^ hangs up on her
<AlcarGM> (( .. waits for MJ to thtrow the phone through the wall :p ))
Quote 8111
<Mary_jane`^> "Ok... So someone knows this stuff... and is publishing it... But who..."
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I could send them some scripts about me."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "Probably a god. they invented the first stories, and Wendy told me stories about this one who used ot disguise himself as a vase, or a bird, and have sex with people."
<Cyrus`> "Zeus?"
<Mary_jane`^> "No, not a god."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "Oh! I think that was it. Or daddy."
<Mary_jane`^> "Daddy?"
<AlcarGM> Peter: "Huh?"
* Mary_jane`^ Quit (Ping timeout)
<Cyrus`> (( the gods came for her. ))
<AlcarGM> (( so it seems :p ))
<AlcarGM> Peter: "Maybe I got that one.She tried to explain moms and dads but I never got it."
<Cyrus`> "Well, that is a tiny bit complicated."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "I know. She never even believed storks brought her."
Quote 8112
<AlcarGM> Peter gets in. "I could probably give it pixie dust and make it fly. If you want it to?"
* Mary_jane`^ drives
<Mary_jane`^> "NO."
<AlcarGM> (( Tad: "YES! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE?" ":p ))
<Cyrus`> "It would make it faster, probably."
<AlcarGM> Peter pouts. "You didn't have to yell!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Absolutely not!"
* Cyrus` comforts Peter.
<AlcarGM> He sulks.
<AlcarGM> If he wasn't so afraid of the truthseer he'd probably do it anyway :p
<Cyrus`> (( I'm almost tempted to. :P ))
<AlcarGM> You reach Gabe's apartment in what is, for you, a record. Not Nora speed, but rather fast for you :p
<Cyrus`> (( but I dont want him getting blamed ))
Quote 8113
<AlcarGM> Gabe flips it over a few times, looking at it. "I think there was a spell here ..... one time. Old magic.... the oldest spells could only be worked once, in the span of the universe. Most of them have been used, a few might be hoarded somewhere." His frown deepens. "If anyone asked, I'd have said that all the olde magics were used. Someone must have really hated you .. or liked you .. to do it."
* Mary_jane`^ clenches her jaw
<Mary_jane`^> "Even IF it was only used once... They know now everything."
<Cyrus`> "Maybe that was the only copy, though."
<Mary_jane`^> "How would they know enough to put it IN a copy?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "No, I mean ... one shot. One ... use. Viewing. Whatever you call it."
<Cyrus`> "Maybe the Magic knew." *shrug*
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Maybe they just said your name and it created itself?"
<AlcarGM> (( and inside MJ, Tad collects royalties ))
* Mary_jane`^ breathes deeply
<Cyrus`> (( rofl ))
Quote 8114
<Mary_jane`^> "I suppose the easiest source of power would be magic."
<Cyrus`> "Where could I go to learn that? Gabe said everyone can do it anyway."
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<Mary_jane`^> "I suppose you could try the religious studies building... The Circle is there."
<Cyrus`> (( "I need to get a class level in Sorceror." ))
<AlcarGM> (( he should say that to the circle people :) ))
<Cyrus`> "Aren't the Circle bad?"
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<AlcarGM> (( "I need to fireball. It's level 3 right? I don't want to be munchy, though." ))
<Mary_jane`^> "They claim to be witches, they act like magicians... It's point of view anyway. Your chances of becomming initiate with them is slim, though."
<Cyrus`> "Initiate?"
* Mary_jane`^ nods "They have a quota on initiates."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "A real witch," a bit nervously. "The real witches in the boundary land ae like that. They eat kids in ovens."
<Cyrus`> "What is that exactly?"
<AlcarGM> (( which MJ could never do. "What, I burnt the baby again?!" ))
<Cyrus`> (( "Hansel, why is that gingerbread house all black and charred?" "I don't know Gretel, but it looks disgusting. Let's go home." ))
Quote 8115
* Mary_jane`^ stands and walks over to the tv and calls up some of her reserve moon power
<AlcarGM> MJ gets a pale silver light around her....
<AlcarGM> Peter: "ooh! Sparkly!"
* Cyrus` watches.
<AlcarGM> The TV remains a TV. For now.
* Mary_jane`^ writes a binding around the border, and seals it with a large rune in the middle of the screen in a rather cryptic language that has nothign to do with anything but everything to do with something and is completely equal with everything.
<Cyrus`> (( that makes my brain hurt. ))
<AlcarGM> (( aka a + sign. ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I was talking about the language ))
<AlcarGM> (( disguised as an = sign ))
Quote 8116
<AlcarGM> Fenrir shows an hour later. Pauses, looks at your TV.
<Mary_jane`^> "I think I'm being watched."
<AlcarGM> Fenrir: "You don't like commercials?"
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "There's the power of some god in it... It's watching... It destroyed Nora's wards this morning. I thought it wasn't something to worry about, but I think I know who it might be."
<AlcarGM> Fenrir: "God, hm?"
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<AlcarGM> He looks at the TV curiously. "Who?"
<Cyrus`> (( Ted Turner. ))
Quote 8117
* Cyrus` buzzes the room.
<AlcarGM> You buzz, and Gabe answers with "hello?"
<Cyrus`> "Hey, it's Cy again. Sorry to bug you, but no one's given me your phone number. Or theirs. So I have to visit everyone in person."
* Cyrus` tries not to sound bitter.
<AlcarGM> Gabe laughs. "Sorry. Come on up." He buzzes you in
* Cyrus` floats in, and to hell with old ladies.
* Cyrus` knocks.
<AlcarGM> He opens the door. Looks up. "Floating up stairs is not a good idea.."
<Cyrus`> "The doctor said to stay off my leg, though."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "I doubt he meant to fly."
Quote 8118
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Single room schoolhouse work? Only it's haunted."
* Cyrus` raises an eyebrow. "LIke, actually haunted, or people just say it is?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Oh, actually. It's why the rent is cheap."
<Cyrus`> "Oh. Um. No one's died, or been horribly maimed, have they?"
<Cyrus`> (( maybe I can appeal by saying "All your incessant haunting is making it so I can't get my homework done for classes." ))
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "I don't think so...." His frown deepens. "Oh. Okay. That's new. It's a dog. I think .... it was trying to find it's masster after it dieed and jut... got attached to the place."
<Cyrus`> "A dog? In a schoolhouse? That's kind of random."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Probably follows it's master couldn't be seen, I guess."
<AlcarGM> (( "Of course it's random! The GM made it up on the spur of the moment! .. and, well, haunting by animal ghosts are rare :p ))
Quote 8119
<WarezBert> dont really need martial training when you have telekinesis
<WarezBert> u just slap them in the face with the equivalent of a freight train
* alcar[away] nods. I don't care if there is psi or what ... magic even is possible, hidden under science :P
<WarezBert> and watch as their head goes flying
<alcar[away]> one of the alien species w/ nanotech is convinced they really do magic.
<WarezBert> hehe
<WarezBert> nice
<Fennec> hmm...
<Alicia> Quantum Physics is magic?
<alcar[away]> They've never found anyone who could convince 'em otherwise :)
<Fennec> understanding it is
Quote 8120
<Blackpaw> I bet the scis like that there are two radiation emitters. Probably hoping I'll go sterile. I'm just glad I decided to have awesome regeneration.
<AlcarGM> lol. Yes :)
Quote 8121
* Syn floats out from behind a building, looking for all the world like a flying saucer (think grade B 50's movie style)
* Syn has the letters sYn on one side of his bottom
<AlcarGM> (( and "Made in Taiwan" ))
Quote 8122
<AlcarGM> Blackpaw disembowels an unfortnuate man. Officer Bruce Sterling, 62, about to retire that week. He is mourned by his wife, Gerda, his 3 children and 7 grandchildren.
* Blackpaw blinks, and mutters, "Oops. Forgot they were so fragile..."
<Li_Ming> (( go for the strapping young men ))
<AlcarGM> Syn starts throwing poplice officers into each other, having a nice snack on bullets. What's Li Ming doing?
* Blackpaw snaps to, and tackles another, in a non-lethal manner.
<Blackpaw> (( mmm, strapping... No! Must supress!! ))
Quote 8123
<AlcarGM> The Grek is coming down, and Li_Ming hiding behind Blackpaw.....
* Syn builds himself into a mesh of extremely thin sharp edges, something like a hammock made out of cheese wire. then he positions himself below the alien.
<AlcarGM> (( ouch ))
<Blackpaw> (( I was waiting for him to do something like that. :P ))
<AlcarGM> Nighteyes stops at the alley entrance, looks up at the alien, at Syn, back at the alien, back atr Syn, then goes back around the corner :p
Quote 8124
* Syn luaghs raucously and runs towards the target building in the guise of the Grek
<AlcarGM> (( with shopping bag? :p ))
* Syn holds his shopping bags to his side!
* Syn smiles
* Li_Ming EMPs the place once they get close.
<AlcarGM> The EMP hits. The lights go out in the building, and a few moments later some puzzled humans stream out. Bureucrats who, seeing a Grek running at them, wisely try and get the hell out of the way :p
<AlcarGM> one of them is saying "We didn't do it! Honest! Don't kill us!"
* Syn opens his skull and shows them a crosspiece of a grek's head
<Syn> "i'm already dead!"
* Syn laughs monstrously
* Syn crashes through the front gates running for the main building
* Blackpaw wonders exactly what the point of taking the disguise was if you're going to do things like that.
<Li_Ming> (( the fear factor? ))
Quote 8125
<AlcarGM> One of the pilots makes a decusion and his plan dive bomps towards you....
<Syn> "lets get down that elevator shaft, unless anyone else has a good idea"
<Blackpaw> "Let's move!!"
* Syn sprints
<AlcarGM> She shakres her head. "TOo many cjhoices.. bombs. . aline . .things.. virus? I can't tell!"
<Li_Ming> EMP as we're heading down... =b
* Blackpaw takes off like a shot to the elvator with Li Ming and the gun.
* Syn sprints like a sprinty person
<AlcarGM> The elevator .. is not there as you head uder ground. Above you a plane crashes into the street and explodes, the pilot getting a medal for bravery delivered to his widow, who eventually sells it for painkillers
<Li_Ming> what's with these "pilot getting a medal for bravery delivered to his widow" stories? is this supposed to be the Iliad? :)
<AlcarGM> Nah, just me having fun :p
Quote 8126
<AlcarGM> Most of the knightrs seems to be a cross between star wars and the middle ages as seen in D&D. A few salute, the rest look uneasy and you cross the compound easily yo some surprisingly normal-looking set of strets, exccpet the buildings along them seem to be ghosts.
<Cyrus`> "Huh. Haunting Houses. That's a switch."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Lost streets, I tnhink THe name changes, the buildings remain. I'd love to know how knights like that ended up here, though...."
Quote 8127
<AlcarGM> The old man pulls the birds off the fire. "Hm. Done, I think. Would you like one?"
<AlcarGM> There's 4 birds on the stick, each rather small and golden-fried.
<Cyrus`> "I ate earlier. But thank you very much for offering."
<AlcarGM> Peter takes one, of course.
<AlcarGM> The old man nods, and hands Peter some tums. "Take after .Phoenix is low in calories, but high on heartburn." He looks at Gabe. "a stranger, helping you - perhaps you're growing up."
<AlcarGM> Gabe grins. "Maybe. But this isn't about me."
<AlcarGM> The old man nods and looks at you thoughtfully. "That is true. What do you seek, boy?"
<AlcarGM> Peter gulps the bird down. Then a few moments later burps, then screams and downs tums, gasping for breath.
Quote 8128
<Cyrus`> "I seek the strength to stop the Lightbringer, so I can bring things back into balance."
<AlcarGM> The old man stirs the fire with his stick. "Magic only brings change."
<Cyrus`> "Yes, and what I want to do is change things back to the way they were before the Lightbringer."
<AlcarGM> Old man: "Hmm. Change is inevitable. There is never any going back, not really. You cannot cross the same river twice, and all of that."
* Cyrus` seems confused. "Why wouldn't you be able to... oh, because the river is different because the water's always flowing. I see."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "...but there are bridges...,"
<AlcarGM> The old man nods. "It's no longer the same river, you are no longer the same person."
<AlcarGM> Peter: "Is it the same bridge?"
<AlcarGM> The old man ignores that easily.
Quote 8129
<alcar> Alicia - Mary Sue, call of cthulhu.
<alcar> That would be interesting :p
<alcar> "Oh, why are we looking for cthulhu? Someone should have said so. I have him in a playpen back at my place, but that rascal keeps getting out!"
Quote 8130
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Oh." He watches the watch for a while.
<Mary_jane`^> the watch? the time?
<AlcarGM> It'd 9:05
<AlcarGM> err, the water ;p
<Mary_jane`^> what is vance watching?
<Mary_jane`^> lol
Quote 8131
<AlcarGM> Vance looks up at the sky. It's still entirely clouds, with the moon a faint glow behind them. "I wish we could see the stars."
<Mary_jane`^> "Why?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "No reason. I just like seeing them. They're so big, but we contain parts of them. Just a good reminder that all our problems really are small."
<AlcarGM> (( MJ: "Vance, I'm pregant." ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( You know what would be really really freaky about that? ))
<AlcarGM> (( besides the fact that MJ and Vance haven't had sex yet? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Right... They're children."
<Mary_jane`^> (( Actually that's it ))
<AlcarGM> Vance: 'Hmm?"
<Mary_jane`^> "The lifetime of a sun is billions of years... Most of the stars that we see are children."
Quote 8132
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl: "Being a Shaman is ... seeing behind the curtain. Seeing some things for what they truly are, and not being able to look away. A Shaman has to deal with things, move between things. Cannot look away. Even if something isn't a shaman's fault, it becomes their responsibility. To make choices for others who won't make choices. To give people what they need rather than what they want. And no one, ever, will thank you for that."
* Cyrus` shrugs. "That's mostly what a hero does anyway, just more serious."
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl: "Heroes? THere are only people caught up in circumstances beyond their control. No one sane wants to be a hero. Heroes die alone, removed from all they love with unmarked graves the only thing to show they died."
<Cyrus`> "...I want to be a hero. That's sort of why went through this, so I could set things right."
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl: "And then what?"
<Cyrus`> "And then it's on to the next problem."
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl: "And then you die. THere are no old heroes. heroes are made for famous last stands and being villified while they're alive and praised once they're dead. Nothing more."
<Cyrus`> "Well... if you say so. All I know is I want to do what's right."
Quote 8133
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "He can already See. And kindly stop putting your own dreams on everyone else please. He wants to be one, to save people. It's a better reason than most others."
<Cyrus`> "I already made a magic spear. But that's not the point. If I'm so impulsive and nearsighted, becoming a Shaman could only help me. I'd gain wisdom, and make better choices."
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl: "You don't gain anything. You just lose any chance you could have of a normal life. What's the use of being about to see fairies in flowers or totems if none of it can do anything to stop someone you love from dying? You don't gain wisdom. Everyone else just thinks you do so you make it up as you go along and then, one day, you make ya mistake and everything falls apart - and you have no choice but to keep going and not look back." He laughs once, sharply. "Good motto for shamans. never look back. You never know what might be gaining."
<Cyrus`> "What is with everyone and a normal life? Listen, I don't want a normal life. Normal is boring. I want as fantastic life. So what if I get eaten by a troll or something? I won't be bored, and I can make a difference in some way along the way."
Quote 8134
<AlcarGM> You sleep and (as soon as it posts) .... you
<AlcarGM> http://alcar.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=mcstuff&action=display&num=1119692367
<AlcarGM> dream!
<Mary_jane`^> I think i'm starting to become affraid of the dreams
Quote 8135
* Mary_jane`^ drives liesurely and parks in Gabe's apartment lot
<AlcarGM> The car parks smugly, pleased at having eaten yhet another parking citation
<Mary_jane`^> lol
* Mary_jane`^ walks up to Gabe's apartment
<AlcarGM> Hey, it IS magical! It can be your mecha :p
Quote 8136
* Mary_jane`^ waits in the parkinglot, fiddling with the controls of Nora's car
<AlcarGM> Trying to do anything in paeticular? Like activate the Plasma Cherry Beam Death-ray?
<Mary_jane`^> that would be neat, but no, fiddling witht he lights, whipers, radio..
<AlcarGM> Same thng, then. So, 3d6 go blow up the school again...
<AlcarGM> 3d6
<the_computer> AlcarGM 3d6: 8
<Mary_jane`^> LoL
<AlcarGM> Nope. Needed a 18. Sorry, sparkie.
Quote 8137
<GeminiRai> And of course, he *will* have to save her.
<alcar> yes :p He's a Hero :p
<GeminiRai> and she loves him. It would be hard to keep him from saving her.
<GeminiRai> even if she is evil.
<alcar> and she'll save him a time or two as well. Should be amusing.
<GeminiRai> heh
<GeminiRai> that sounds interesting!
<GeminiRai> A lady in red cloak swoops through the area touching everyone. They all die. She winks at Cyrus and flashes off into the distance
* GeminiRai nods
<Q[z]> That take on good and evil sounds a lot like it came out of DnD
<GeminiRai> Sometimes I wonder about you, Qworg
<alcar> lol. Well, she's not evil. Probably psychotic, but she was raised by nuns so that's inevitable.
Quote 8138
<alcar> hero = commit any crime, and get away with it. Because you're a hero.
<Qworg> Indeed, I usually end up with a community worshipping me for entirely the wrong reasons.
Quote 8139
<Mary_jane`^> "I can tell you... He won't be happy you kept it from him for so long... How unhappy I don't know... I can also tell you that he might think the same thing and feel bad for you that you can't do anything about it... But you're only... 13? you shouldn't be worrying about how to have sex right now anyway..."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I know *that*. But .. it's like ... one of those things. It's like . .why people date."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs "Let's say you do need a break, some time alone to think about the whole thing, to see how much you miss him when he's gone... Who will take your place? you're the only one who knows his favorite pizza topping... You know how he likes his coffee... And you know that pink pants are never to be worn..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Why people date?" raising an eyebrow
<Mary_jane`^> "Sex leads to kids, and I'll have you know the last kid I had was in a past life and she turned out to be very much insane."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I know! That's the problem. If he hates me, he might have to find someone else.. and the dating this is, like, for sex. I mean, you date someone hoping ot get closer later. Otherwise it's like having this chocolate cake behind glass, and the glass never goes away."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: ".. and I don't know if I could even have kids! I could have puppies, for all I know...." She blinks. "You had a kid?
<Mary_jane`^> "Is it? I hear married couples rarely have sex anymore..." Looking out the window "It's become a joke..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well I imagine in past lives I've had several."
Quote 8140
<Chaos`^> it's LAAAAAATEEEEEE
* AlcarGM is now known as alcar
<alcar> yes!
<Chaos`^> later than i've ever stayed up before
<Chaos`^> i'm gunna have a hell of a time at work tmorow
<Chaos`^> damnit alcar
<Chaos`^> never ever let me do this again
<alcar> lol. I won't :p
<Chaos`^> 5:00 is my stopping point =p
Quote 8141
<AlcarGM> Peter: "I could get a job .... if I knew what that was. I'm pretty sure I could get one. Or catch it."
<AlcarGM> Is it wrong that when I think of Peter Pan + job I see him in the porn industry? :p
<Cyrus`> Yes.
<Cyrus`> Very much.
Quote 8142
<AlcarGM> Him: "Okay. Why should we hire you over someone else?"
<Cyrus`> (( "Because I have a magic spear, can fly, will be soon studying shaman magic, and am trying to save the world." ))
<AlcarGM> (( "Not another one of those!" ))
<Cyrus`> "I've never done drugs and don't intend to... I like helping people--you know, if they have questions about anything, and I'll do my best to always be reliable."
<Cyrus`> (( I didn't want to just say "I'm reliable" because I didn't want to say that and then not show up one day because I'm trapped in another world or some shit. ))
<AlcarGM> (( hehe ))
Quote 8143
<AlcarGM> The Resident Association TA person who basically makes sure everyone behaves and probably won't ever graduate since he's looking for a PhD and all of that is standing there, looking a trifle apologetic. "Ah, good. You're home. Someone was saying you've been having a minor here for the past or so."
<AlcarGM> RA: "While relatives can visit, that needs to be cleared with me since the rooms are single person occupancy only."
* Cyrus` blinks sleepily. "Huh? Oh... oh yeah, sorry. Hey, can I talk to you about this tomarrow?" *fights a yawn* "I haven't been getting enough sleep lately."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "All right. You do have someone here, then?"
<AlcarGM> (( "He's hiding in my wardrobe, and I'm really hoping he didn't go to Narnia by mistake. ))
* Cyrus` nods. "Yeah, my cousin. Hey, Peter?" *looks around, but doesnt open the door any further* "Pete? Where are you hiding?"
<AlcarGM> Peter pops his head out of the wardrobe. "Hiding?"
<Cyrus`> (( I'm just glad I'm already making arrangements to move out at this point. ))
Quote 8144
* Mary_jane`^ hmms and leaves again... looking for a tall building
<Cyrus`> is MJ ready to end it all? :P
<AlcarGM> hm?
<Cyrus`> looking for a tall building. :P
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 8145
<Cyrus`> (( We don't need to start a homoerotic pedophilia subplot. ))
Quote 8146
<AlcarGM> The RA smiles sympathetically. "I had the same problem myself. Thoughnever anyone to show around campus. What school do you go to?" to Peter.
<AlcarGM> Peter blinks, realizing you'd never made one up then just shrugs. "It's a school."
* Cyrus` curses silently in his head for not researching Private schools in Maine.
<AlcarGM> (( or giving his parents names? :p ))
<AlcarGM> The RA looks a bit taken aback by that. "I guess you don't like it?"
<AlcarGM> Peter jusr shrugs.
<Cyrus`> (( kids his age don't refer to their parents by the first names anyway. ))
<Cyrus`> (( I wasn't even 100% sure of mine at the time. ))
Quote 8147
<Mary_jane`^> "I have never been accused of being wise."
<AlcarGM> Moon: "Wisdom is a variable possession. Know when to run." and it's presence is gone.
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and goes to the kitchen to make dinner
<Mary_jane`^> what... me? run?
<Cyrus`> Oh, you will.
<AlcarGM> Heh
<Mary_jane`^> i don't even run form my own cooking
Quote 8148
* Mary_jane`^ looks in the peephole to see who it is... and how they got past the buzzer =p
<AlcarGM> It's a thin old man in a red baseball cap.
* Mary_jane`^ opens the door "Hello?"
<AlcarGM> The old man smiles. "Oh? Good afternoon? I am here enquiring about finding someone?" in a soft, lilting voice.
<Cyrus`> Oh, you're fucked now.
<Mary_jane`^> 'sok
<Mary_jane`^> MJ doesn't trust people with red hats right now
<Mary_jane`^> something about papa smurf
Quote 8149
<Cyrus`> Don't you dare sell me out, girl. :P
<Mary_jane`^> sell you out?
<Mary_jane`^> for all I know he's your grandpa
<Cyrus`> My grandpa would call me a boy-child? o_O
Quote 8150
<AlcarGM> Old man: "Will he return?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know?"
<AlcarGM> Old man: "Oh? Are you certain?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I know that I do not know?"
<AlcarGM> Old man: "Very well?" and he moves, inhumanly fast, figers from one hand now claws and burying themselves in your stomach. "I owe him pain?"
* Mary_jane`^ grunts, coughs, but tries her hardest not to show how much it hurts... Forcing words "You're paying me?"
<AlcarGM> Old man: "You will die now? Cap will be red? He will know?"
<AlcarGM> His other fingers have become claws, and he calmly begins pulling out intenstine, his faded blue eyes glittering with something akin to join as blood comes out.
<Mary_jane`^> "No, no, and yes."
<AlcarGM> Uhm. What *are* you doing? :p
* Mary_jane`^ flares all of her power and attacks without mercy
<AlcarGM> Oh, good. Because chatting with someone has he removes your stomach would be .. .probably not a good tactic :p
Quote 8151
<AlcarGM> mj is going to have some fun words to say to Cyrus :p
<Caltak> :P
<Caltak> "You had a hard time with one? I killed two of them. I didn't even have my spear, either. I thought you were the savior."
Quote 8152
* Mary_jane`^ gets up and undresses infront of nora to symbolize the fact that she wants to go to sleep now.. as in now
<AlcarGM> Nora shakes herhead, muttering about crazy people,and goes to sleep.
<AlcarGM> In her room :p
* Mary_jane`^ does the same
<AlcarGM> K. You go to sleep. And Nyarlathotep wonders at humans who ask Azathoth for directions...
Quote 8153
<AlcarGM> I want to see ghost realtors selling ghost homes for some reason. fun things to do when you're dead....
<Cyrus`> *person hires preist to do exorcism on the house, house itself vanishes*
Quote 8154
<Chaos`^> no one bothers to invite me to the game =(
<AlcarGM> Erm., I assumed you were busy since your nick had not changed :P
<Chaos`^> it didn't change because I wasn't invited =p
* Chaos`^ is now known as Mary_jane`^
<AlcarGM> .. since when do you have to be invited?
<AlcarGM> are you now a vampire?!
<Mary_jane`^> ...
<Mary_jane`^> no
<Mary_jane`^> i mean
<Mary_jane`^> wait, yeah, I mean no
Quote 8155
<AlcarGM> Your class is a 3 hour social anthropology course focusing in on religion and how it affects people in the modern world. The prof is at least interesting and takes questions from the class.
<Mary_jane`^> he's not a demon is he? All good professors are demons
<AlcarGM> No :P
<Mary_jane`^> damn
<Mary_jane`^> ah well
<AlcarGM> A she, and she is not a demon nor does she run a secret organization for the government to breed humans and demons.
<Mary_jane`^> ...
<Mary_jane`^> does she run it for HC, then?
<AlcarGM> Of course she doesn't since it doesn't exist.
<Mary_jane`^> yes it does
* AlcarGM was making a poor Buffy joke, was all :p
<AlcarGM> Really.
<Mary_jane`^> it's got a stock symbol and everything =p
* AlcarGM coughs.
<Mary_jane`^> erm... ok
<Mary_jane`^> What's her name?
<AlcarGM> Maggie Walsh.
<AlcarGM> (( *grins* ))
Quote 8156
<AlcarGM> Sal: "What do you need?"
<Cyrus`> "Well you see... It's kind of a long story, but I have Peter Pan living with me. I was kind of hoping you could forge some documents so I have some kind of explanation besides 'Oh, he's Peter Pan who followed me home from Storyland.' Even though that's what happened."
<AlcarGM> Silence. Even the typing stops for a few moments. "Oookay. Uhm. Right. Peter Pan. This is a joke, right?"
<Cyrus`> "Er, no actually. You do know about the whole... magic thing, right?"
<AlcarGM> Sal: "Uh, yeah, but .. Peter Pan? That's just weird. Okay. What's be look like?"
<AlcarGM> Sal: "Wait, Just scan a few good pics of him. I assume you want him to be related to you? Brother? Cousin? Foster care kid?"
<Cyrus`> "Well, I sort of told a couple people he was my cousin from Maine, so doing something else might cause a problem later. Hmm. Would have to come up with why he'd be staying with me, though..."
<AlcarGM> Sal; "Hmm. Your last name, date of birth, place, and parents names?" quickly. "Let's see.... his parents could have died in a car crash and he's plannig to dress up as a giant beagle and avenge them?"
Quote 8157
<Mary_jane`^> "So you did arrange for a price? What was it?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe shrugs. "Just above the sternum."
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Bit more of... me," with a shrug.
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't understand?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Spine. From there down. A few more muscles lost. I'll live, as I said."
<Mary_jane`^> "What? You paralized yourself MORE!?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "not much more. A inch. it was up to there, after I .. died. A price for coming back. Like I said, I'll live. World won't end."
Quote 8158
<Mary_jane`^> "Right... Ok.. How do you kill a redcap?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "A .... you fought one of those?! No wonder Nora was freaking out on the phone."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah... She sent it to hell."
<Mary_jane`^> "It wants me dead."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "hell will just love that...." he goes towards the door. "You know why? I don't think they like going to the realer worlds too often. They're weak here."
* Mary_jane`^ follows him
<Mary_jane`^> "Why are they scared of truthseers? Peter is too... I don't know how I can hurt him... I tried."
<Mary_jane`^> "not peter, the redcap."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Oh. Good. I was worried for a second."
Quote 8159
<AlcarGM> The deputy mayor steps back and says three words quickly, a rather pathetic binding smacking into your wards and dying of acute embarrassment
<Mary_jane`^> "We came to ward up your office.. It was broken last night... We figured we'd protect you... Even if you want him dead..."
* Mary_jane`^ stops and looks surprised "What was that? Why can't I move?"
<AlcarGM> Mayor: "You .. he ... he's here?" He turns white with terror and looks about to faint.
<AlcarGM> Deputy mayor: "It worked? It worked?" he stares at the book. "It ... works...?"
<AlcarGM> http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0764551019.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg is the book he is reading from :)
<Mary_jane`^> "Nah, i'm kidding."
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't move though, and gives a nervous grin
<AlcarGM> The deupty mayor quickly flips through magic for dummies desperately.
Quote 8160
<AlcarGM> The Mayor points the knife at you. "You will FORGET this...."
<Mary_jane`^> "Forget what?"
<AlcarGM> Power comes from it. Blood magic, and the burning of voter registration cards....
<Mary_jane`^> "Where am I? Who are you... Mayor Lameaux? Why are you naked?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "I'm ... done ....." behind you.
<AlcarGM> Mayor: "Ah .. ah..... aerobics! Excercises!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Gabe.. I can't move and the mayor is naked..." Turning to him and winking so the mayor or deputy mayor can't see it
<AlcarGM> The mayor waves the knife wildly at Gabe: "FORGET!"
<AlcarGM> The knife explodes :P
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "O...kay. Uhm. Maybe we should go and .. leave them to their exercises?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Forget what... Mayor Lameaux? Why are you naked?"
<AlcarGM> Mayor: "..... please just go?"
Quote 8161
<Mary_jane`^> "Wait... Were we about to have sex? Why is there blood on you... Did you seduce me? i can't remember!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Why can't I move? Is this date rape?"
<AlcarGM> The deputy mayor begins giggling hysterically.
<AlcarGM> Gabe snickers behind you.
<AlcarGM> Mayor: "I .. no.... you may. ..." he waves the hilt of the knife. "LEAVE!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Gabe? Gabe help! I can't move! I think they're trying to-- Are you in on it too!?"
Quote 8162
<AlcarGM> You arrive at Luna's old place. Gabe jsut wheels around it once, sketches a few things in the air and comes back to the car. "There. That should keep it shielded. Don't want the Circle using it again." You notice he's wet his pants, but oddly in the car you dind't smell a thing.
<Mary_jane`^> "You want to stop by your house before we hit the next place?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe:just nods, his ears bright red. "If .. you don't mind?"
* Mary_jane`^ goes back to gabe's appartment and helps him change
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Thanks," as you head back out. "It's just so..... humiliating."
<Mary_jane`^> "Eh, we all have our weaknesses... Don't let it get to you, or it'll be used against you by the vampires."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "... pardon?"
<Mary_jane`^> "They hate you..."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "I know. I don't see how it could be used by vampires, though."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well it's humiliating.. they make you mad and you fall in
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "... I never thought of it like that...."
<Mary_jane`^> "You should... people want you dead... You have to stay on your toes."
<AlcarGM> Gabe grins. "Then I'm really in trouble."
Quote 8163
<alcar> MJ is going to start having the weird hit her again :)
<Chaos`^> ... going to?
<alcar> Yes :P
<Chaos`^> All I ask for is the staff =p
* Chaos`^ is now known as Mary_jane`^
<Mary_jane`^> well
<Mary_jane`^> the snakes atleast
<Mary_jane`^> they were fun
<alcar> lol. It's actually showing up eventualy.
* alcar is now known as AlcarGM
<Mary_jane`^> great
<Mary_jane`^> eventually
<Mary_jane`^> I'm not good with eventuals... I was hoping this session
Quote 8164
<AlcarGM> (( His paper route will likely lead to amusing UFO reports :p ))
<Cyrus`> (( I told him he would need to use a bike and not fly :P Of couse, he doesn't necessarily have to listen. ))
<AlcarGM> (( more fun when he doesn't :p ))
<AlcarGM> (( "Where my pap - " *lands on head* "What the?" ))
Quote 8165
<AlcarGM> The passenger shooots at you, a bullet hitting the back window,and bounding off. Nora must have invested in really good bulletproof glass.
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't stop...
<AlcarGM> You make the turn. The limo turns, but slower since it's longer .... though the back end seems to be shortening itself in your rear-view mirror as you watch . .and you mtake two streets before they've finished and lose them, at least for now.
<AlcarGM> (( Limo mecha! .... drat. I forgot a nice Decepticon sticker for it :p ))
Quote 8166
<Mary_jane`^> "Who are you?"
<AlcarGM> The ninja hesitates, then says "No one of consequence," and a drops a smoke bomb :p
* Mary_jane`^ wishes she had a gun at times like these... and instead stops the bomb from blowing smoke by a quick bind
<AlcarGM> She makes for the window, pauses, looks at the bomb. Then tosses two more down
* Mary_jane`^ locks the window the same way "Really, who are you?"
<AlcarGM> She reaches it .. blinks .... tugs.... then attempts to break it with sword, and is quite surprised when her blade bounces off your binding. "Bloody hell. First the nut in the psych ward and now this...." She glares at you. "I am installing cable," defiantely.
<Aerdan> . o O (Installing cable, huh?)
<Aerdan> . o O (More like installing cameras. >.>)
<AlcarGM> (( well, and neilson boxes for ratings, but that's a sideline :p ))
<AlcarGM> She glares at the window as if it personally offended her and her sword seems to vanish. "If I may continue?" cooly.
* Mary_jane`^ Quit (Ping timeout)
<AlcarGM> the ninja laughs! "Super sneak death attack way blow 385 hai! You were pinged!"
<AlcarGM> She goes back to work.
Quote 8167
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl's voice is quiet, droning: "Remember the space between waking and sleeping, between the real and the dream. That is where magic is. Between things. In the nooks and crannies ..... You may open your eyes now."
* Cyrus` opens them slowly.
<AlcarGM> You open them, and there is now a fire burning between you with twigs that was not there before. The air is cleaner, and somehow .. brighter, as if impurities had been removed from it. The trees around yo ae taller, and thinner, and moving to breezes you can't feel. Most of themhave eyes, and strange bark-smiles full of quiet sadness.
<AlcarGM> Son-of-the-Owl .... isn't there. Or, rather, he is, but he is older, harsher worn, with features more suited to the Inuit than to the plains inidians, and there is a a bow in hand and his ears are pieced with earings. Lastly, wolf eyes burn from his face and you can see a wolf over his head, or in it, or in him ..
<AlcarGM> The image of the him you now, the old man, and the wolf totem flow and seperate and merge in a dizzying succession like water rippling in a pond.
<AlcarGM> Thee are voices in the air, high pitches breezes shouting greetings to each other and the grass is whispering sweet nothingsa s it makes loves to your bodies, the press of skin and clothing to it orgasmic.
* Cyrus` blinks and seems to try to focus his vision, but doesn't close his eyes again or try to look away from it all somehow. "Wow... there is a lot..."
Quote 8168
<metallicshadow> shamans are called road men in my religion
<metallicshadow> they are said to walk the good red road
<AlcarGM> red road? Like, with the blood of sacrifices? :p
* metallicshadow rolls his eyes
<Cyrus`> makes sense to me.
<AlcarGM> Easy link to voodoo, too. And sacrifices are de rigeur in any religions in any event. The gods need to be fed and placated.
<AlcarGM> But we'd best not get into what Barney gets
Quote 8169
<AlcarGM> He nods slowly. "Good. Then we shall begin."
<AlcarGM> And you spend the next five hours just meditating until he decides, grudgingly, that you are passable at it. "You may begin to See things, as you walk the red road, or move into the green. The power will waken, and you must harness it however you choose to."
<Cyrus`> (( Dabbling in meditation would likely be good for Shamans. Take some time to become one with all things and clear your thoughts and not worry about how hyperactive everything is. :) ))
<Cyrus`> (( lol, you just stole that ))
<AlcarGM> (( yup :) ))
Quote 8170
<AlcarGM> You walk back slowly. The path is still a path, the buildings are still buildings, but something has changed. It's nothing you can define, just a feeling of ... awareness, as if you were waking up from a long sleep. The peole you pass seem to glow faintly with pale blue auras and, occassionally, you see a shape around them . .one nerd walks by, and you can see the Enterprise over his head, firing beams at people as he glares at them, protecting his personal space
* Cyrus` just watches things with interest as he walks
<AlcarGM> besides him, you catch a few other totems, mostly animals that hide when they realize you can see them.
* Cyrus` would try to reassure them, but wisely decides not to attempt to coax animals behind people that no one else can see.
<AlcarGM> Nah, go ahead :p Visit the psch ward!
<Cyrus`> (( "Um, what are you doing?" "I was talking to the fox." "Excuse me?" "You know, your totem. The fox. It was scared and hid." *person backs away* ))
Quote 8171
<Mary_jane`^> "Uh... I have satalite, no cable needs to be here. You're the cable company, I don't want it."
<AlcarGM> Ninja: "We do not care what you want," haughtily.
<Mary_jane`^> "Did you manage to install your cable?"
<AlcarGM> She nods. "It was .... complicated. Your TV must be a new demo model."
<AlcarGM> (( "And the imp in the back was yelling at me the whole time." ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Uninstall it and leave."
<AlcarGM> She shakes her head. "I am afraid I cannot do that. Ninja honour."
<AlcarGM> Ninja: "I would die before betraying CLAW .. .cable."
<Mary_jane`^> "Then just leave."
<AlcarGM> She frowns, then nods and gathers her toolbox and leaves . .via the door, which likely offends her delicate ninja sensibilities.
Quote 8172
<AlcarGM> The driver pulls out an Official Badge and waves it. "Agent Agent, FBI. Special Branch. Get lost, kid."
<Mary_jane`^> "Agent... agent?"
<AlcarGM> He nods, once, scowling.
<Mary_jane`^> "Why are you sitting here, then?"
<Cyrus`> (( Investigating. :P ))
<AlcarGM> The passenger smirks. "I think it's why he joined. Just to say that. And we're doing surveil-"
<AlcarGM> Agent Agent: "That information is on a need to know basis. And you, girl, do NOT need to know."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh... but you're not watching me, right? 'cause I had this limo try to run me over yesterday, i thought it was the strip club getting its revenge for people asking for me. I don't strip, but they like ask me to because everyone wants my body."
<Cyrus`> (( um, lol ))
<AlcarGM> (( ... ))
Quote 8173
<AlcarGM> You enter the room to see a short, thin female .... at least, the face is female. The rest of the body is as sexless as a barbie doll, more child than adult, with long brown hair and Brianna's eyes. it's ..vcovered in thin shadows, like a cloak or wweaving, and blood is flowing from ugly gashes all over, as if something with big claws ripped into it
<Mary_jane`^> like a cloak or wweaving, and blood is flowing from ugly gashes all over, as if something with big claws ripped into it
<AlcarGM> . :p
<Mary_jane`^> rofl
Quote 8174
<AlcarGM> She shakes herhead, her body becoming translucent as you watch. "No time .... fisher king .. opened them the way. .. here. It's ..... falling into ..... the boundaries..... the moon .... watch .... them ......" and she's no longer there.
<Mary_jane`^> "Nora, I need some power..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Here," simply, and power flows into yo .. it's .. icky. Like an oil slick, but power.
<Mary_jane`^> "Alright... Let's see how far we can go..."
<AlcarGM> (( .... uh ... oh ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Someone tried to kill her," simply. "Take what you need."
* AlcarGM is now known as GMDucksandCovers
* Mary_jane`^ breathes deep, and teleports as far as she can toward the Faerie, following the Fae's magic as best she can from the descriptoin from Clotho in a dream
Quote 8175
* Mary_jane`^ looks exhausted and leaning against whatever is solid next to her
<AlcarGM> You lean against a tree, which mumbles soething about "why not cut me down for a fence post while you're at it?" in a surly tone.
* Mary_jane`^ leans harder on the tree and sighs
<AlcarGM> You can feel some other power wakening somewhere close, attracted by Blood ..... curious, and old. "Mistress?" a voice whispers through trees, smelling of sawdust and sounding like creay floorboards: "oh.. you are not the Witch ... I miss her...... she has touched you .. tell her I am missing her.... so long since children were cooked in me..."
<AlcarGM> The tree mutters about "fence post? Hah! Why not a coat rack? A table?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Who's there?"
<AlcarGM> Tree: "Oh, no one at all. Don't mind me. Why not just cut me down now and get it over with?"
<AlcarGM> Voice: :"Oh! You hear me? No one's been here in so long. The gingerbread house made the myths and I'm all alone. I just want some juicy children to eat..."
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm not talking to you, shut up."
<Mary_jane`^> "yes, you.."
<AlcarGM> Tree: "Of course! No one talks to me! If I fall down in the forest, would I even make a sound?" It sobs
<Mary_jane`^> "I wish that you wouldn't... infact, just be quiet."
Quote 8176
<Chaos`^> it's rather dark, considering all the deaths, mia's and stuff
* alcar nods. A lot of that was the intro for Cyrus :p
<alcar> And a reminder to MJ about costs of being a hero :)
<alcar> Maxine's ghost might show up. I liked her.
<Chaos`^> well
<Chaos`^> i suppose if she were a smart girl she'd give up now
<Chaos`^> if it weren't for me then she would have
<alcar> lol.
<Chaos`^> but i keep pushing her along because I need a game to play in
Quote 8177
* Cyrus` nods to him. "I'm here to see Ms. Simpson."
<AlcarGM> The man nods, calls on his cell, and lets you inside. Ms. Simpon is reading old files, and making liberal use with a papper shredder when you come in. Her totem is a cat-lady, with whip, and appears from time to time to snap the whip at you and bat her eyelashes :P
<AlcarGM> Ms. Simpson: "Thank you for dropping by. At least something good comes out of getting the short straw and having to look over old files."
<Cyrus`> (( oh man, if only my character was more like me, I'd hit on her. ))
<AlcarGM> (( lol. ))
Quote 8178
<AlcarGM> The pegs come out easier after the first one, the last coming out with barely a tug. Under it turns out to be a 7' by 7' crudgely drawn pentagram, which begins to glow with a silvery sheen
<Cyrus`> (( Hmm, that could be good for summoning things with. ))
<Cyrus`> "Ahh, a pentagram."
<AlcarGM> HELLO? a voice says.
<AlcarGM> CAN ANYBODY HERE ME? IS ANYONE OUT THERE? TESTING, TESTING, 6 6 6...
<Cyrus`> "I could probably ask the same thing."
<AlcarGM> SINCE YOU ARE SPEAKING, WE ASSUME YOU COULD.
<Cyrus`> "I mean, since I'm talking to a pentagram."
<AlcarGM> WE ARE *NOT* A PENTAGRAM. WE ARE A PORTAL OF POWER, THANK *YOU* VERY MUCH.
Quote 8179
<Cyrus`> "Nah, I really don't need another loan... especially not from Hell. As far as the blood sacrifice thing, how long would it end up recharging the circle, out of curiosity?"
<AlcarGM> 75 OF YOUR STANDARD EARTH YEARS.
<AlcarGM> FOR TWO PINTS, THE CIRCLE REMAINS ACTIVE FOR 200 YEARS.
<Cyrus`> "I probably won't need it for that long. And if I do, I could always get more. Anyway, the one pint thing sounds pretty reasonable, I guess..."
<AlcarGM> OH, ALRIGHT THEN.
<Cyrus`> "There wouldn't be any unexpected outages or anything, would there?"
<AlcarGM> OF COURSE NOT.
<Cyrus`> "Ok then... So I just sort of cut myself and put the blood in the circle, then?"
<AlcarGM> THAT IS CORRECT.
<Cyrus`> (( I realize it's so odd to just be like "Ok sure, I'll give this weird talking pentagram some blood." but, I mean... 1 pint for free electricty? That's a bargain. ))
<Cyrus`> "Ok, hold on a sec."
* Cyrus` goes upstairs to clean off his knife before doing it, to avoid infection or something.
Quote 8180
<AlcarGM> YThe cut stings, and youre blood flows out for a a good three minutes before the poortal sighs a happy burbly sigh THAT IS ENOUGH
* Cyrus` covers the cut right away.
<AlcarGM> The circle turns golden for a moment, then ... INTERESTING. HMM.
<Cyrus`> "Oh, yeah, I have... some stuff in my blood."
<AlcarGM> WE DID NOT ANTICIPATE THAT. PLEASE HOLD. Silence for a few moments. FORGIVE US FOR BEING BLUNT BUT ARE YOU HUMAN?
<Cyrus`> "Why, what else would I be?"
<AlcarGM> MOST THINGS IN THIS WORLD AREN'T HUMAN. A pause. OFFERING ACCEPTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE.
Quote 8181
<Cyrus`> (( Hmm. If the phone is Hell-powered, how am I sposeta know what the number is? ))
<AlcarGM> (( 666-6666 of course. ))
Quote 8182
<AlcarGM> Sam Kidd: "This is MY city, and not your concern, no matter what you are!" He's practically vibrating with rage, but you can see the fear in his eyes under that.
<Mary_jane`^> "So you DID do something, right?"
<AlcarGM> Sam Kidd: "You WILL LEAVE NOW!" and his will fills the air.. hits your wards. and breaks .... He gapss and slumps back onto his bed, his face drenched in sweat. He's stronger than you thought, probably thna even he stil thought, but he's old, and used up, and he's simply not strong enough to force you out.
<Mary_jane`^> "Listen... If you tell me what you did, then maybe I won't get mad."
<Cyrus`> (( damn women and their lies! "If you just admit it, you won't get in trouble" BULLSHIT! ))
Quote 8183
<Cyrus`> (( I've killed two Red Caps and a Dragon, and yet I still feel worried that anyone can kick my ass if I'm not careful. :P ))
Quote 8184
<Cyrus`> "Have I worked magic around you before?"
<Cyrus`> (( "Because it'd relaly help if you told me how I did it." ))
<AlcarGM> Scooter: "I was not always a horse, master. I am quite sure of that. You used to ride me in a different way. I had .. wheels? Like a cart? Anbd you'd push your leg on me. It was nice. Very much like sex, master."
<Cyrus`> "That was a slightly disquieting thing to say, but permissible. And yes, I remember that, but I wasn't sure if you did."
<AlcarGM> Scooter: "Did I insult you, master?"
<Cyrus`> "Oh, no, not at all."
<AlcarGM> The horse looks relieved.
Quote 8185
* Cyrus` rides until they are a little ways away from any houses, then stops them. "Ok, I think I'll try working some magic, then." *dismounts* "Inexpertly, but it may work."
<AlcarGM> Scooter, wisely, gets a polite distance away from you.
* Cyrus` ponders a moment, then tries drawing some semblance of a magic circle in the snow, just winging it as he goes.
* Cyrus` looks it over.
<Cyrus`> "Hmm. Ok."
<AlcarGM> Okay. You manage that easily enough.
<Cyrus`> "Let's see..."
* Cyrus` holds his hands over it. "I call to whatever powers might hear me, to aid me in my quest. Help me find a witch who can guide me to the one I seek."
<AlcarGM> Anything else?
* Cyrus` waits, and if nothing happens, goes, "Oh. Material componants." And pricks his finger and lets a drop of blood fall on it, since that's the extent of what he's ever done to make magical things happen. :P
Quote 8186
<AlcarGM> The drop of blood stains the new fallen snow a ruby red. And the circle begins to glow with a pale violet light ...... turns darker....a nd the snow meltas, the steam turning into darkness and a hand forms out of the shadows pointing west.
<Cyrus`> "Ah, there we are. Thank you." *nods to the steamy hand*
<AlcarGM> The darkness hangs there a moment.... then fingers brush each other in the universal symbol for 'tip, please'
Quote 8187
* Mary_jane`^ looks for growing thing
<AlcarGM> You don't see it.
<Cyrus`> (( is that all you ever think about?! :P ))
Quote 8188
<Cyrus`> "How would I attain one?"
<AlcarGM> "Save a damsel in distress? A princess? A prince, if you are inclined. Or desperate for someone to save.
<Cyrus`> "Ah, ok. Regular hero stuff. I can do that. I just need to find some royalty in danger, then."
<AlcarGM> "Anyone in danger can do, of course, and in any world.. And true royalty lies in cottages as well as castles."
<Cyrus`> "Any world? Ah, good, that should make things easier. Probably. Hmm. Thing is, though, I should probably get about getting what I need quickly, since the Sister's problem seems like a rather urgent one. You wouldn't happen to know of any dragons, would you? I suppose I could return to Nottingham and ask Rolodex if she'll be shedding any time soon, but I'm not sure how far that is from here."
<AlcarGM> (( lol. ))
<AlcarGM> (( that would be an interesting request. ))
<Cyrus`> (( "Hey, remember me? That guy that barged in that day, and offhandedly mentioning killing one of your kind? Yeah, well, I need a favor." ))
Quote 8189
<AlcarGM> There are no ninjas, fae, or anything else in your apartment. Just the TV. Currently showing the weather channel for Bellona. A nice, clear night with lots of sunshine.....
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes, thank you for the insite.."
* Mary_jane`^ throws her things on the couch and gets ready for bed
* Mary_jane`^ walks over to her bed and flops in it, landing with a thump
<Cyrus`> (( a night with lots of sunshine, Alcar? ))
<AlcarGM> (( .. oops :P ))
Quote 8190
* alcar has no idea what to do with the snakes, though I got some ideas on the way home from work.
<Chaos`^> they're fun
<Chaos`^> i like them
<alcar> Yes :P But they WON'T be doing rhyme again. That was hard :)
<Chaos`^> LoL maybe that's what the runes are?
<alcar> Nah, I know what those are.
<alcar> Krishna made it out of his own power, originally. a truth seeking device to determine if he shoud bring judgement on whomever he was around.
<GeminiRai> lol, a note sent to the snakes from the omnicreator "You can talk normally now, that was exhausting."
<alcar> He eventually got really annoyed by the rhyme and just dropped it off down a well :)
<Chaos`^> LoL
<alcar> lol! Tempting, Rai....
Quote 8191
<Cyrus`> "Well, I have my ways of getting to hard-to-reach places."
<AlcarGM> Dame Gothel does not seem surprised at all. "Ah, that's what old James thought too. Him and his inventions. We never did find the rest of his body, come to think of it."
<Cyrus`> "...point taken. But I want to at least try."
<AlcarGM> She finishes the tea. "We told him seven league boots were just a story, but he and M insisted on making them. Said it would only take six steps to reach the dragon, at best. and he'd go down in history as Bond James Bond. Never did know why his last name was his first, but a step taking seven leafgues and the scream as he stretched." She shakes her head. "I doubt I'll forget that until the day I die. I believe he caught fire at some point, too
Quote 8192
<AlcarGM> The witch watches you leave and checks the tea, eventually feeding some to the blind mice under the floor and watching the die, wondering what you were that the poison didn't take you, since you'd have fed her for a whole winter.
<Cyrus`> X_X
Quote 8193
* Cyrus` tries to open the trap door, but checks for hidden traps first! 1d20! Or just opens it.
<AlcarGM> You die!
<Cyrus`> (( Damn! ))
Quote 8194
<AlcarGM> He turns towards you anfd the man is gone, replaced by something else close to 40' long and glittering, shades of black you never knew existed flowing and moving like dark water over crystal. It looks more like a chinese dragon, and if it has eyes they are the same colour as it's skin and not visible at all.
<AlcarGM> "A Shaman, eh?" The dragon bends down, looking at you. "Could be. You smell of power, for all you hide it. Hmm. I've never eaten a Shaman before."
<Cyrus`> "Wow. You look very impressive."
Quote 8195
<AlcarGM> Well, that was fun. Dragon scale armour is a nice leather jacket. And the dragon hoarded chocolate and watches Survivor.
<AlcarGM> Poor Cyrus :p
<AlcarGM> Though he alone may know the truth of the sudden loss of chocolate all over the world when Survivor is cancelled in 15 years
Quote 8196
<AlcarGM> Luna has finished eating and is sleeping on your couch by the time you finish the shower. The water is ice-cold half way through the shower as the building heater gives out.
* Mary_jane`^ screams and rinses off quickly, jumping out "Damnit..." and getting dressed and books ready
* Mary_jane`^ shakes luna lightly "Luna, you wanna sleep in my head? it's probably safer."
<Mary_jane`^> (( Which sounds really wierd ))
Quote 8197
<AlcarGM> The professor frowns at you enter, looks at the watch, gets your name and suggets that, next class, you try to actually arrive on time like everyone did, if it's not a bother.
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes sir..." breathing heavilly
<AlcarGM> He nods. Aside from class, the class goes well, though it's slow and dull and you can swear that you hear horses outside from time to time...
* Mary_jane`^ packs her things and heads back home
<Mary_jane`^> (( Wild horses? ))
<AlcarGM> (( oh, no. Just LARP students hunting down the football team ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( LoL ))
Quote 8198
<AlcarGM> The lance hits, but breaks. The knight laughs, and chage, preparing to cut the head off of the football player, which might limit his career prospects.
* Cyrus` steps up and readies his spear/trident to parry the blade, which, come to think of it, a trident could be pretty good for.
<Cyrus`> (( you know, catch it between the points. ))
<AlcarGM> You manage to do that easily, dsince the knight in question has never fought with a real sword before, or been in a real fight. He drops the sword and sputs his horse away from you, galloping across campus in search of either a new weapon of an alibi :p
* Cyrus` yells after him. "Now don't let me catch you harrassing people in Bellona again!"
<AlcarGM> (( On the plus side for the knight, the police are unlikely to ask David if he was in 15th century armour trying to run over the captain of the football team like his friend Rick claims ))
Quote 8199
* Mary_jane`^ sits down on the couch "Also my brother's infected with something."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Crabs?"
<Mary_jane`^> "No, some evil thing or good thing... Not sure... But like... I dunno I tought of a virus or something... Something controlled by someone is all I know."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't think he has crabs atleast."
Quote 8200
* Mary_jane`^ leans back "So the knights assaulted the football team?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Apparently five or six of the team, by actual knights on horseback," quickly, trying not to blush. "The rest of the team is just .. missing."
<Mary_jane`^> "Maybe they were the knights."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Huh. Never thought of that..."
<Mary_jane`^> "i'm a unique thinker."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Would be a really weird way to get rid of teammates you didn't like though. I mean, where does someone get ahold of 15th century armour, and horses?"
<Mary_jane`^> "A magic portal to the 15th century?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "With knights willing to give up their horses and armour to strangers who probably don't know how to put it on?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Then maybe the knights came out of it and kidnapped half the team and assaulted the others."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Maybe they bet for the wrong side in a football game and came into the future to exact their vengeance?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I doubt they bet on football in the 15th century."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Why not? They could have a portal to now. And radios."