A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 7901 to 8000

Quote 7901
<GeminiRai> Well, you can quit, but they'd take away all your cybernetic stuff
<GeminiRai> which wouldn't leave you with much.
* alcar nods. And I'd assume are made so that they can't get nanites, or whatever. Or it becomes really expensive.
<alcar> growing new arms'd be easier than liver etc.
<alcar> or cheaper at least.
<GeminiRai> lol
<alcar> and nanites could always get fried/shut down/whatever'd.
<alcar> nanite plague, and people start melting and sprouting random limbs....
<alcar> turn everyone in a 4 block radius's blood to acid. Stuff like that :p
<GeminiRai> And suddenly the people who don't trust technology are looking pretty good
* alcar nods. Yeah. Luddites rule the world!
<alcar> would be anicely screwed up ending to a CP campaign
<GeminiRai> lol
Quote 7902
<Chaos`^> i think
<Chaos`^> the problem with D&D
<Chaos`^> is that it's too popular with bad players
<Chaos`^> it's an entry level system
<Chaos`^> a bad player can become a good player, and graduate to better systems... better meaning that the good players play them.
<Chaos`^> Take Risus for example ^^
Quote 7903
<kentari> D&D is the star trek of fantasy
<kentari> sure, it is cool for a beginner
<kentari> but it quickly becomes cliche
Quote 7904
<Fennec> Paranoia is a game where you suck up to the GM more than anything else, I think :)
<Renelle> You'd think that I'd hate Paranoia from that, but I don't
Quote 7905
<Chaos`^> I just watched trinity blood
<Chaos`^> it's a good show
<alcar> whats it about?
<Chaos`^> it's a post apocolyptic vampire/religion/politics thing
<Chaos`^> it's about a priest that's a vampire's vampire
<alcar> a vampire's vampire?
<Chaos`^> yeah, he sucks the blood of vampires
* alcar would think most vampire'd do that. They're predators, after all.
<Chaos`^> it's kind of cool
<Chaos`^> and kind of wierd
<Chaos`^> Well
<Chaos`^> think of it as a vegetarian cannibal then =p
Quote 7906
<Rene> yes! Anyone with a gun going to face other people with guns counts as a friend. Especially if they're willing to be a human shield.
<Chaos`GM^> lol
<Chaos`GM^> Rene has issues
<Chaos`GM^> atleast he's lost his paranoia
<Rene> Oh, that is pure Alcar :p Rene is nice. he'd never use someone has a human shield unless they were a) bad or b) already dead.
<Chaos`GM^> or c) not human?
<Chaos`GM^> wait..
Quote 7907
<Rene> "Hmm," after a few hours of watching. "I wonder when we get replaced."
<Chaos`GM^> "When they get what?"
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus: "I imagine the people comming in and out periodically are the replacements."
<Chaos`GM^> He looks down the sights of his gun...
<Rene> "No, I mean us. Surely they have a night shift. Or at least a shift tomorrow..."
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus thinks about this a minute "I imagine we would get replaced, if we told anyone where we were."
* Rene grins. "There is that, as well."
Quote 7908
<Rene> <Rene> "Marcus shot people, we questioned two, I killed them, and we watched a warehouse. Rather boring, really. You?" .. hmm. Boring was not the best word choice :p
Quote 7909
<Chaos`GM^> The first voice replies, "We were stuck doing cleanup in camp today. I think the old man is hiding something. Like some viagra. Did you see his partner? I can't believe those two. They're like a newly married couple."
<Chaos`GM^> The second voice: "What's a viagra?"
<Chaos`GM^> First: "It's like a hot dog. Old people use it to have fun with women."
<Chaos`GM^> Second: "You mean like frisbee?"
* Rene looks back to where the dogs are talking ... and jut shakes his head
Quote 7910
* Rene swears softly, then throws a knife at the guard, aiming to knock him out between the eyes. UNless he's, say, cyborged, ijn which case through the head.
<Chaos`GM^> lol
Quote 7911
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus: "you go first. I'll back you up from a distance. I'm not very good at close quarters."
* Rene nods, and calmly walks towards the fight.
<Rene> (( "You're not? What do you do in bed with your wife, then?" ))
<Chaos`GM^> (( "Shoot from a distance." >< ))
<Rene> (( hehe ))
Quote 7912
* Rene throws knives! Aiming to kill, because they were really rude.
<Chaos`GM^> they belong to a gang... Did you expect them to have brains?
<Chaos`GM^> You hit the men comming after you. Are you throwing knives at the others?
<Rene> Well, no, but I did expect them to have an adequate survival instinct :p
<Rene> Nah, going to the fight with swords, after retreiving knives. Swords make a better impression, after all.
<Chaos`GM^> erm
<Chaos`GM^> you're about to kill them... Yet I'll be damned if they're not impressed.
<Chaos`GM^> LoL you gunna just kill them all or leave a few?
<Rene> Sword = more chance they'll change their mind and actually stop. A knife in the head or heart isn't as much of an option :p
<Rene> leave a few alive, or each gang, with a really stern warning.
<Rene> rally stern = not dead. Mising limbs are okay.
Quote 7913
<Rene> "What are the practical advantages to not having to distill liqueur?"
<Chaos`GM^> He shrugs "The smell in the air... you can bottle it before it's fermented... And if you sell it before it's alcohol it's still legal, technically, so you won't get caught."
* Rene nods slowly. "How did they find you?"
<Chaos`GM^> He looks up "Are you kidding? I'm famous!"
<Rene> "I've never heard of you. Possibly because I don't know your name. I'm Rene. And you are...?
Quote 7914
<alcar> Tho Rene isn't good at actual cop work, in terms of stopping riots :P
<alcar> killing everyone involved did work, but isn't exactly a practical solution.
<Chaos`^> no, not really
<Chaos`^> but, martial law really isn't a practical solution
Quote 7915
<alcar> Heh. Sadly, things like "So in my game you Sanity stat measures your manliness. The less Sanity pINts you have the more gay you are." make me WANT to run a CoC game and use that.
<Alicia> ROFL
<alcar> The Deep One minces towards you, spinning around on ballet slippers, the entrails of the ballet dance they were made from trialoing behind like frills.
Quote 7916
<kentari> hahaha
<kentari> that is so sweet :P
<alcar> Trevor was fun. Having a character one never played become an npc in another game is quite amusing :p
<kentari> :>
<kentari> He was the funnest character I've never played
<kentari> ;p
Quote 7917
<Caltak> I'm thinking we'd probably have code names also... That way, the real names give us a sence of humanity, and the code names sound really tough and menacing and are good for shouting to each other in combat. :P
* Rene nods. Yeah.
<Caltak> I mean, you don't want to be shouting orders to the elite genetically enginered soldier named Eugene. It seems weird.
Quote 7918
* Rene considers. "We don't really have anything to report..... best go on. Though you might need to borrow the guns from some corpses for extra bullets."
<Chaos`GM^> He puts the gun behind his back and grins "Wrong size. I should be fine, I'll just have to take a few two to one."
* Rene returns the grin, deliberastely not looking at Scream's corpse and reminding himself it was just a dog .. but even so, he'll mourn later. Killing is a good way to start.
<Rene> "We need to find out where the second gang is, then, otherwise eliminating one won't help much."
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus walks out of the room.
* Rene follows, not looking back.
* Rene reflects that not looking back is a good motto given his line of work, and buries the thought. He'll deal with everything later. If there is one.
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus: "I bet if we ask one of those ah... Crows or whatever, the ones doing the alcohol.. I'm sure they have some idea where their enemies are. Otherwise they're stupid. Either way it will answer a question."
Quote 7919
<Rene> Hope killing hound (if he is really dead) didn't ruin any plots.
<Chaos`GM^> Yes and no
<Chaos`GM^> I had a contengency
<Chaos`GM^> I DID order you to kill him
* Rene wantred to get him to examine Jasmine. But couldn't give much away with Marcus there ....
<Chaos`GM^> I can't expect you not to =p
* Rene nods :P Rene is going ot have achat with ,whoever is charge over that ;p
Quote 7920
* Rene nods, eying the dumpster to see if they could move it in front of the side door.
<Chaos`GM^> you could, but any reasonable cyborg could just kick it across the alley and out of the way
<Rene> Street gang. Doubt they got cyborgs :p
<Chaos`GM^> Well, I suppose he's not reasonable if he's kicking giant heaps of trash and dead boddies around, but you get the point =p
* Rene nods :p
* Rene shifts it in front ofd the door anyway.
Quote 7921
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus: "How do you suggest we start a fire, though?"
<Chaos`GM^> Marcus: "you smoke?"
* Rene shakes his head "Only when I'm on fire. No explosive rounds?"
<Chaos`GM^> He shakes his head "I normally shoot at people with my guns."
Quote 7922
<Caltak> I want to be stealthy, but I don't think adding a lot to Espionage just to be good at stealth seems right even though stealth could be considered part of it; on the other hand, making them seperate seems like a waste of that 1 die in Espionage.
<Rene> well, the 1 die is free :p
<Caltak> Yeah, but just because something's free doesn't mean it's valueless.
* Rene nods. Could just say it' what he concentrated on.
Quote 7923
<Rene> "I removed his head," flatly. "It was quicker, and over. Not a lingering painful death, but a release from a longer time of pain. Sometimes .... we have to do necessary things, no matter how hard they are."
<Chaos`GM^> Jasmine: "How do you know it doesn't hurt? Have you ever had your head cut off?"
<Rene> "I know it hurts, but it is fat quicker and less painful than dying by degrees slowly and alone, damn it!"
<Rene> far quicker :p
<Chaos`GM^> Jasmine: "How the hell would you know? It could have been the most painful thing that could happen to someone.. SomeTHING! He was your friend Rene!"
<Chaos`GM^> I like fat quicker
<Rene> heh
<Chaos`GM^> it sounds like quaker oats with butter and lard
Quote 7924
<Rene> "He was ... dog ....." trails off. "Perhaps ... becoming a friend. I killed a friend once, years ago. Training, back home. A cousin. He broke his neck badly in a fall. He ... .asked it. What I did then .. .and ... with the do - Scream .. it was a duty. Friendship's duty, perhaps. If it had been you, would tyou rather die in agony over a long time than have it ended quickly, by a friend?"
<Chaos`GM^> Jasmine: "So you go around breaking peoples necks and killing them, saying it was mercy? I sure as hell wouldn't want YOU to do it!" She quickens her pace, but not before "You don't even sound sorry."
* Rene thinks Rene has a good point there :p
<Rene> if they do marry they'd best not ever get into a debate on assisted suicide ;)
<Chaos`GM^> LoL
Quote 7925
<Chaos`GM^> Jasmine: "So you go around breaking peoples necks and killing them, saying it was mercy? I sure as hell wouldn't want YOU to do it!" She quickens her pace, but not before "You don't even sound sorry."
* Rene quickens his as well. "I don't have time to right now. I have - a report to make duties to preform. Later, and alone. Then I will allow it. But falling apart would not have helped then, and won't help now."
<Chaos`GM^> Jasmine: "You don't have to fall appart, but you could atleast pretend to be sad!"
<Chaos`GM^> (( "this is me! this is my sad face, see?" Smiling... Oops, frown "Sad!" ))
<Rene> "I will later. After - the other team has gone, and been sent out. THere is .. more than him to be sad for, today..." quietly to himself. "Duty is a fine calling. A noble thing, most days. I was raised to do it. To do what had to be done, and only after to feel, or weep, or care. That is the way of things. But . .sometimes .... sometimes ... I think duty wears away at the soul, like water over rocks. I do not know."
<Chaos`GM^> (( You should tell her about how the dog reffered to himself in the third person, and asked you to kill him... That should brighten her mood... ))
Quote 7926
<Chaos`GM^> ...
<Chaos`GM^> NANO ZOMBIES!
<Rene> hm?
<Chaos`GM^> zombies that are controled by nanos!
<Rene> lol
<Rene> Rene does not want to be a nano zombie plzkthx :p
<Chaos`GM^> just a spark here, a spark there and the body will still move after death... get it timed right and it could act like a real person =p
Quote 7927
<Caltak> Hmm, the mention you made earlier of the human-eating aliens gives me the idea of there maybe being aliens who would take infant humans to raise them as pets.
<alcar> lol. Greys :P
<alcar> And yeah, that would rock.
<alcar> "But it followed me home! Can I keep it?"
<Caltak> "Absolutely not! It might be cute now, but in a few years it'll be chewing up the furniture and leaving messes on the rug!"
* alcar nods. That'd rock.
<Caltak> I think it'd be good if they were physically imposing kind of like the Jakathri, so that a human definately wouldnt be a real threat to any of them, which would be why they wouldn't see a problem with having one in their homes.
<Caltak> Or a couple, if they make sure to neuter them.
<alcar> lol. Yeah.
<alcar> I can see THAT being hushed up :p
<alcar> "No, no, no! Prime Minister does NOT translate as First Pet! The English really want him back, and his wife. Please?"
<alcar> Then later "What do you MEAN, you neutered them?!"
Quote 7928
<Chaos`GM^> Your grandfather answers the phone, "Tordson Dojo."
<Rene> "Hello. Rene here. This might be akward, but I'm in a hurry. No time to chat. I was wondering who the family sells our services to, when we do so, Master?"
<Chaos`GM^> He's silent for a moment "It's good to hear you're alive Rene. We don't sell our services, you should know that."
<Rene> "I see. Why wouldn't I be alive, then?"
<Chaos`GM^> Master: "Because you haven't called in two years or longer."
<Chaos`GM^> Master: "You should call your grandfather more often, he's getting old you know. Anyway, what makes you think we're selling our services?"
<Rene> "Ah. Well. I have been .... busy. Ah. I'll be home soon. It's that .. I encountered men, who tried to kill my employer. Who fought like our family would. I was hoping you could shed some light on who else would be training people in older weapons?"
<Rene> if his family turns out to be Jewish, Rene is screwed :P
<Rene> "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE BEEN BUSY?" *Mother lashes out with Rolling Pin of Doom*
Quote 7929
<Rene> "Right. Okay," to the others. "This makes no damn sense, but those men fought like my family would. It seems my grandfather's brother split with him and founded a different school, probably the source of the men working for Mr. Snow, unless he is Mr. Snow. Why they want Jasmine, or why they were hired ot kill her, I have no idea."
<Chaos`GM^> Riley: "Probably the same reason they want me dead..."
* Rene nods. "So, we need to know that reason is. What could you have done to offend his honour enough to send bushels of people to try and kill you?"
<Chaos`GM^> He shrugs "I've always been really humble I thought... Well, I was, until he started sending death squads. I can have an ego now, I think."
Quote 7930
* Rene grins. I'm overthinking this, aren't I?' :p
<Chaos`GM^> yes
<Rene> it's just like me with riddles.
<Chaos`GM^> Riley gave you a pretty big hint, though it's kind of snuck in there...
Quote 7931
<Rene> "Huh... so we need to find Snow.... Gary, can you tell me what address 123 - 555 - 1212 is located at?"
<Chaos`GM^> "Washington, D.C."
<Rene> "And a secretary answerwed with Mr. Snow's office. So .... it's got to be a really secret number, since you didn't know who Snow was .. even so, to answer with "Mr. Snow's office" is odd..... Can you narrow it down, Gary?"
<Chaos`GM^> Gary: "It's the phone number to the white house."
<Rene> "...."
<Rene> "Oh. Lovely. O.... kay. To any specific office?"
<Chaos`GM^> Gary: "Front gate."
<Rene> "Thank you very much for not saying the oval office.
Quote 7932
<Chaos`GM^> The main hallway has lines on the floor following the hallways. YOu walk into the hallway, and you are hit with a feeling of vertigo, and you feel that there is alot of things you should be remembering right now. And you suddenly remember what pain feels like. Your face burns as if someone has been using it as a punching bag.
* Rene stops, shaking his head slightly. "What ... in....?" *looks around warily, hand on sword*
<Chaos`GM^> Riley shakes his head "My guess is to go where there are flashes of light."
<Chaos`GM^> He points to a room down the hallway where light comes streaming through the door windows.
* Rene nods, and goes there, wondering what hit him . ..and if his memories might be as changed as Jasmines....
<Rene> (( the player notes that it took far too long for this notion to occur to Rene :P ))
<Chaos`GM^> (( Wow... I didn't think it would even come up in the campaign... ))
<Chaos`GM^> (( I figured it'd end up to be one of those 'missing plots' ))
<Rene> (( lol. It occured to ME during the second or first session. But Rene thinks he's really good and wouldn't get tricked, and didn't even notice when Riley pointed out that him drinking would be rare :) ))
Quote 7933
* Rene continues to fight, mentally composing his apology to his father in the next world, knowing he won't win but refusing to surrender. He has his honour, and Jasmine is safe. That's all that matters.
<Rene> See, this is why no sane person would want to be a hero :p
<Chaos`GM^> right
<Chaos`GM^> well
<Chaos`GM^> maybe heros are the only sane people.
<Rene> Hrm.... nah.
Quote 7934
<Chaos`GM^> "The code? My... Father... Snow.. He wanted to blow up the moon. It was the launch code for the missiles. Only two people in the world knew one half of the code... Well four if you counted me and belle."
<Rene> "So he was...." blinks. "Whby would anyone blow up the moon?"
<Chaos`GM^> She looks at the floor "To prove that he was god..." She shakes her head "He was stupid and insane. It doesn't have to make sense. Once you go so far underground, you start to go crazy."
<Rene> "Or you forget how to stop. Did .. everyone else make it out?"
<Chaos`GM^> She nods "My brother tried to kill you, but I got him first... Riley's ok, he's staying with me for a while until he gets his new complex worked out. The dogs are pretty lonely, though. They don't have anyone to talk to. Riley said you had an entire conversation with them?"
* Rene nods. "Hound changed them."
<Chaos`GM^> She nods "He's a smart man."
<Rene> "... is?"
<Chaos`GM^> "Or was..." She frowns at the floor "Sorry, I was really close to him when I was a kid."
<Rene> "No. My fault. I'd hoped.. perhaps he had....." *shakes his head* "Of all I did in this, that I regret the most."
<Chaos`GM^> She shakes her head "He was a scientist, he didn't have ethics. Some people thought he deserved to die."
Quote 7935
<AlcarGM> Chaos - have MJ and Vance had sex yet?
<Mary_jane`^> you ask all the strange questions
<Caltaksleepytime> He could have asked about positions, you know.
<Mary_jane`^> Is MJ a virgin, has MJ had sex with Vance, will she climb the moon's penis again?
Quote 7936
<Mary_jane`^> sparkie, have MJ and Vance had sex yet?
* AlcarGM eyes chaos....
<AlcarGM> is one of those yes or no things ;P
<Mary_jane`^> No, absolutely not. She doesn't go around banging the first thing that moves, you know!
* sparkie was going to say yes, and start listing all sorts of specifics.
* AlcarGM is not surprised, sparkie :p
<Mary_jane`^> good thing I didn't wait for an answer!
Quote 7937
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm sure it's something you could teach me later" Though i imagine I already know most of them "For now show me how to do the finger thing."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "You just have to think of fire. What fire is, what it does ... and know that there is fire everywhere. The universe was all fire once, or will be, or never was. I don't thinkk it, uhm, matters. You just bring the fire out of the air into your" he snaps his fingers "hand," and a small yellow flame flickers to life in his palm.
* Mary_jane`^ frowns at him and holds out her hand and stairs at it for a few minutes "It feels warm?"
<AlcarGM> You can feel the power inside you, distantly. You've avoided using it, or even thinking about it, but it's there...
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't use it and pretends to be struggling
<AlcarGM> Blue fire begins to flicker around your fingers. You quench it before it becomes visible.
<AlcarGM> Vance: "It's not hard. I mean, you have to have some natural talent, to learn it ... how much do you have?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Ok... It's not working... I have to think of fire... Everything is fire.. The world is a flame... the world is a flame... the world is a flame... the world is aflame, the world is aflame..." Which is probably the last thing the former savior of the world and sworn enemy of sol should be saying.
<AlcarGM> (( yes :P ))
Quote 7938
<Mary_jane`^> "Hardly. She was just crazy."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Most people who get into magic are, I think. They start seeing things, and thinking they're gods, or demons,or whatever...." *he shakes his head8
<Mary_jane`^> "Or kings or queens or fae or... Would you like more tea?"
<AlcarGM> He nods. "It's rather good tea. And all of that. It's amazing what people will believe sometimes, but people do scary things sometimes because of stuff like that."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "It's like the kings and queens of all those countries inbreeding for the Perfect Heir. They ended up with all those weird diseases. I mean, what would you do if you had a kid end up like that? Sometimes I think it would be a favour to .... help end their pain."
<AlcarGM> This is Vance's way of telling you he's met someone else and they got married.
<AlcarGM> j/k
Quote 7939
<Mary_jane`^> "I suppose. I can't see demons inbreeding, though."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Well, there are said to be different types of demons," with a grin that doesn't quite reach his eyes.
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh? I wouldn't know, i've never met one." My god I'm the biggest liar of the century...
<AlcarGM> lol.
<Mary_jane`^> by never met one, what i really meant to say is that I'm rooming with one...
<AlcarGM> Vance: "I'd be worried if you had."
Quote 7940
<Mary_jane`^> "You're lucky we didn't run to the bedroom and start doing it... Want some tea?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha grins. "I'd have said hi then, but he'd have probably jumped out the window or something in surprise." She shudders. "Very lucky. I have enough problems hearing it in the apartment. cheap walls." She nods.
<Mary_jane`^> "Apartment?"
* Mary_jane`^ pours her a glass and hands it to her
<AlcarGM> Kiesha takes it. "Gabe's place has neighbours. Who do it a lot. Normal people would never hear, but - ick. It was funny the first few times. Now it just feels icky."
<Mary_jane`^> "Maybe you can sneak in their room and take pictures and leave them on their counter. That will make them move out quick."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha actually considers that. "Nah. Then I'd have to watch them. Listening is bad enough."
* Mary_jane`^ laughs "I was kidding, I can't believe you thought about that."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: :"Well, they're really annoying!"
<AlcarGM> (( "A werewolf took pictures of me and my wife and is bribing us to leave our home!" - Weekly World News Headline... ))
Quote 7941
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Next monday," with a sigh. "It's just so ... stupid."
<Mary_jane`^> "School?"
<AlcarGM> She nods. "None of the stuff they teach matters. They act like stuff like history is real, and can be nailed down like a vampire and won't rise again with some different interpretation or something like that. They don't even think any werewolves are real, or any of it."
<Mary_jane`^> "How can you survive in the world if you don't know how it thinks?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Last year I got suspended for 3 days for asking the class what our history teacher wore the previous day. There were over a dozen answers, so I asked him if that was true, if no one could be sure what he had worn, how did anyone know wha happened at Waterloo, or any of it? So he suspended me, for 'questioing his authority' or something.....It's not thinking. It's . .like it's made to make people not think."
<Mary_jane`^> "Exactly."
<Mary_jane`^> (( OMG it was cartman! ))
<AlcarGM> (( yes :P ))
Quote 7942
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "They see stuff happen, and then just pretend it didn't, or explain it away, or flat out deny it.: I asked Gabe if some wizards invented schools to hide magic from muggles and stuff, but he said he didn't think so. Makes it even worse."
<Mary_jane`^> "You've been watching too much harry potter."
<Aerdan> . o O (Heh.)
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "It's fun, and harmless fun. And Rowling didn't sacrifice any 3 headed god on St. Andrew's even to make it famous," firmly.
<AlcarGM> (( meant to type goat. God is .... strange :p ))
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Gabe keeps saying that just to annoy me."
Quote 7943
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "It's just - I don't know what to do about it."
<Mary_jane`^> "About what? His dreams? I don't know what to tell you. Until he opens up and talks there isn't much you CAN do."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I don't know if he ever will. It's .... like he's pretending to himself it never happened. I saw my dad do that. I know what it costs. And I can't just ... .not do anything."
<AlcarGM> She finishes the tea, mostly out of reflex, not looking at you.
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "I can't tell you what she did. It's not my secret to tell. What I can tell you is that it wasn't fun for him. I would want to forget it too, the thing is, he probably remembers it too well every day. Talking about it may make him feel worse."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I don't see how it could. People make walls. Barriers. Closets. Whatever we call them. Lies we tell ourselves, to hide from things, like the world, or who we are and - everything. But things like that, walls like that, even the smallest ones are really high-maitenance."
<AlcarGM> (( which is also her subtle way of saying MJ needs to stop hiding, if only subconsciously ;P ))
<Mary_jane`^> "I think if you're persistant enough, he will open up, but it will take time."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "But it's been four years!" in the teenagers 'that's a wole LIFETIME' voice
Quote 7944
<sYn> "i wont kill."
<AlcarGm> Hunter stares at sYn, looking puzzled. "Why not?"
<sYn> "SIN does that."
<sYn> "i don't like seeing the lights go out when people die"
<AlcarGm> Hunter: "Great, so you're insane. You do anything else?"
<Darkpaw> "We all deal with it in different ways, I suppose. If Sine has 'SIN' do it for him, let's just accept that it's how he gets through it. You obviously deal with it well, or don't need to, or whatever."
<AlcarGm> Hunter: "Deahth is as natural as life. I just help it along. It is what we were made for, unless you want to talk the aliens to death?"
<AlcarGm> (( wonders about a species that could be talked to death.... ))
<Darkpaw> (( hyper-sensitive hearing. ))
<AlcarGm> (( good point :p Say hello and watch heads explode ))
Quote 7945
<Darkpaw> (( I just been sort of disturbed by the thought that Hunter could have a grand old time trying to kill me all day. ))
<AlcarGm> (( LOL. Yes. Though he'd have a lot more "fun" as it were trying to kill sYn :p ))
Quote 7946
* sYn is intrigued, and listens on.
<AlcarGm> Woman: "And, to top it all off, he wants to sleep with me. No, really. Carl. I know, he's old, but there aren't that many elligible bachelors around anymore, evne if he DID take the Bush option to avoid the war and hide as some national guard."
<AlcarGm> Girl: "Not only do they get grown in lobster tanks, black eyed kids gets sold to aliens," solemnly. "For booze."
<AlcarGm> Woman: "And I say untu you that the new Jerusalem will rise into the stars, and our children will take their place among them with the Djinn and we will shed the cold bonds of matter and become star-people as we were before we were trapped her by the demiurge. The stars wil comre right.I saw the truth in a bowling alley, and a monkey exploded for it."
<Darkpaw> (( lol! ))
<Darkpaw> (( I feel like I want that on a t-shirt. ))
<AlcarGm> A boy: "So I told her that she was ugly as a Hachi and mom slapped me for insulting my sister so I got grounded. But the subway is underground, so I'm just being really grounded."
<AlcarGm> Voice: "Now coming into Ellis station. All passengers continuing to Central statioin please remain on board. Ellis station, next stop."
<AlcarGm> (( which? :p ))
<Darkpaw> (( "The stars wil comre right.I saw the truth in a bowling alley, and a monkey exploded for it." ))
<AlcarGm> (( discoridan creation mythology meets chthulu :p ))
Quote 7947
<AlcarGm> A standing aphid says something, in a language sounding like German, aka someone throwing up into a barf bag on a Boeing 747.
* Darkpaw blasts it.
<AlcarGm> Aphid: "Please leave this room. Stop. Project is in critical stage. Stop."
<Darkpaw> "Sorry, no can do."
* sYn flows along the floor towards it, seen only as a faint shimmering distortion where he is.
<AlcarGm> Aphid: "Energy frequency must be - " Hunter shoots its head off.
<AlcarGm> The remaining 4 aphids look atr each other, then at all of you, one even looking right at sYn. A chittering humm fills the air.
* Darkpaw keeps on blasting bugs like it's some kind of Raid commercial.
Quote 7948
* alcar chuckles. Poor Hunter. He;'s the walking sociopath, but als the weakest of the bunch :)
<Caltak> A fervor for killing only gets you so far.
<alcar> Yeah. Ah well. That'll change whe the alien mesh in him starts taking him over.
<alcar> But that's for a session down the road :)
<Caltak> lol
<Caltak> I had a hunch something like that was going to happen.
Quote 7949
<Caltak> hmmmmmmmmm hey Chaos, you think I should try playing?
<Mary_jane`^> me?
<Mary_jane`^> uhm...
<Mary_jane`^> You'll get addicted
Quote 7950
<AlcarGM> (( Oh, and do Cyrus's parents live in town or far away? ))
<Cyrus`> um. I'm going to go with Far Away. Just because.
<AlcarGM> You don;'t want your mom to get fairy wings? :p
<Cyrus`> (( its mostly because I never pictured his parents, more than anything else. ))
<Cyrus`> (( but also, family members tend to meet horrible fates. ))
Quote 7951
<AlcarGM> You find, somewhat to your surprise, that you are being watched by a young girl, probably someone's daughter. SHe looks ot be six or seven, but her eyes look older, as if she's seen year pass or watched far too much TV for her age. She's wearing white shorts and a white shirt and looks at you seriously, as if sizing you up.
* Cyrus` seems puzzled for a moment, but then just nods and smiles politely.
<AlcarGM> She makes a descion and walks over to you to say, with the Important Manner of a child imparting grave secrets, "My mom says the tooth fairy isn't real."
<Cyrus`> "Do your baby teeth disappear and get replaced by money while you sleep?"
<AlcarGM> She shakes her head "But my friend Lisa's are. Mommy says it's because Lisa's mommy is rich. Do you believe in the tooth fairy mister?"
<Cyrus`> "Well, I've never seen her, myself. But I do believe there are lots of things in the world that can't always be seen."
<AlcarGM> "Oh." She considers that. "I think they can be, but people just don't look," firmly.
* Cyrus` smiles. "I think that's pretty true, too. You have to want to see them."
<AlcarGM> She grins. "I think you're cute," and walks off to find her mummy.
<Cyrus`> "Thanks." quietly to himself, as he goes back to his book: "Now if only girls my age thought that, I'd have more of a social life."
Quote 7952
<Mary_jane`^> "Now, I don't know how much you know about magic, but... Magic for a witch like me is really about asking for help from the powers around. And you can usually control that power. However, when you're low on air and trying to run to whereever with as much power as you have in reserve... The powers that be tend to take you where they see fit."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Be what?"
<Mary_jane`^> "In my case, the powers that be seemed to see fit the stone age..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Powers that be.. the... Powers... Everything. The gods, the elements, the dead... The powers."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Oh. And ... people made a painting of you?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, i'm getting to that."
<Mary_jane`^> "It turns out that I was taken to, what I thought at the time was another world. Kind of like.. The spirit world, or atlantis. I happened to apear infront of a tribe of warriors on their vission quest. I don't know how much you know about the past, but with shamanic tribes the people went out and when they saw a vision it told them stuff."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well when you see a girl wearing blue jeans, a tight shirt and a glowing sword, you tend to listen."
<Cyrus`> "I was young, and needed the money, so I posed for some cave-paintings..."
<AlcarGM> "in the nude."
<Cyrus`> well of course
<Cyrus`> tat goes without saying.
Quote 7953
<Cyrus`> (( Hell yeah, going on a date with a painfully shy wiccan. can life get any better? :P ))
<AlcarGM> (( hehe. ))
<AlcarGM> The linch crowd is leaving Bob's Diner as you arrive, so you have your choice of tables.
<Cyrus`> (( Heck, maybe those possible-vampire-esqu dudes will show up and mug me! That'd be awesome. :P ))
* Cyrus` leads them to a booth, and lets her sit first, like a gentleman. :P
<AlcarGM> She sits, a bit nervously, but at least is looking at your face and not your shoes. Partially because she'd have to look under the table :p
<Cyrus`> (( yeah, that would be a little odd. :) ))
Quote 7954
<Mary_jane`^> MJs price for her magic was her mortality
<Mary_jane`^> the more she used the longer she lived
* AlcarGM nods. two sparks of creation = "mortality? I had that somewhere....."
<Cyrus`> Wow, what a "price."
<Mary_jane`^> Mimir is immortal
<AlcarGM> Yup :p
<Cyrus`> I for one know that if that was my only price, I'd be flinging magic around like ti was going out of style.
<AlcarGM> But then you'd get to live, having saved the world, to see it end :p
<Mary_jane`^> magic IS going out of style
Quote 7955
* Mary_jane`^ walks to the cave painting of her and stares at it for a long time, thinkin
<AlcarGM> The voices aren't as loud anymore. Gabe seems to have looped them.
* Mary_jane`^ looks at the fly on the wall, then back to the painting listening to the voices
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "How could I help you... She told me not to come back..."
<AlcarGM> No replies. Just petitions and prayers down throgh the ages to their idol, somehow finding you 40,000 years after they were dead and gone. It was more than a small tribe. Thousands, in their heyday, before the dark times .Before the empire, no longer forgotten, rode over their lands and they died .. but prayed, for an intercession, for time to change, for what was to not be what was
<Mary_jane`^> "I can't change the past." Running her fingers through her hair
<Mary_jane`^> "I can't fight the roman gods... I can't fight the german gods... I can't fight the gods."
<AlcarGM> No reply, just their certainty that time isn't stable, that the past is as fluid as the future ..and ytou recall fragments of the dream last night, of an island that now never was, and a war ended by being made to never occur at all ...
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "It will cause trouble..."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and walks away... They've waited 40,000 years, they can wait for me to eat lunch.
Quote 7956
<AlcarGM> in this game at least it's far more curse than blessing to outlive all you care for.
<Cyrus`> If you save the world and X number of people who never would have been born get to live their lives before the next time the world ends, that's something.
<Mary_jane`^> Well
<AlcarGM> The thing is one isn't actually saving it, if it's doomed anyway. It's like building a dam of sandbags and all the time the water is leaking through. In the end, it's futile and they will only live, what, a hundred years at best, if they're lucky. To an immortal, that's a mayfly :p\
<Cyrus`> Every day is a shining jewel. What each person does with it is their own business.
<Mary_jane`^> besides, only evil people want to be immortal
* AlcarGM nods. it is like being a politician in that respect :p
Quote 7957
<AlcarGM> You both order, and Callie is quiet after, looking down at her hands nervously.
<AlcarGM> After a bit she looks up. "I'm sorry. I'm just - not good at .. this..."
<Cyrus`> "No, it's... fine, really. I mean, I'm not the life of the party, myself..." *pause* "Really though, you shouldn't sell yourself short." *looks away slightly*
<AlcarGM> (( lol. Way to go, Self Esteem Man :p ))
<AlcarGM> She blushes a bright red.
<Cyrus`> (( whats that supposed to mean? ))
<AlcarGM> (( just found it funny :P ))
<Cyrus`> (( no, what? ))
<Cyrus`> (( I'm at a bit of a loss. ))
<AlcarGM> Callie: "It's just..... " she trails off. "I'm sorry. I'm just ... not good with people. I never know what to say."
<AlcarGM> (( "Oh, it's fine that you suck. I kind of do, too." .. that sorta thing :) ))
<Cyrus`> (( Aw man, is that how it came out? I was tryin to say she didn't need to appologize for something like that... ))
<AlcarGM> (( I know. It didn't come out that way, to her. Just to me :) ))
Quote 7958
<Mary_jane`^> "Atleast I know I can't trust him. It's better than not knowing."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know if he.. or she'll want to talk to me though." Looking up at Dan "Want to meet a god?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "But sometimes even liars tell the truth. Properly applied, the truth is far worse than any lie.
<AlcarGM> Dan: "What ARE you people?"
<Mary_jane`^> "That's a good question. One I can't answer."
* Mary_jane`^ looks at Vance "Well?"
<AlcarGM> Vance: "You're serious?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Would I lie to you?"
<AlcarGM> There's a silence, broken by Vance saying, hesitantly, almost gently: "... when didn't you?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Then I guess you'll just have to trust me."
Quote 7959
<Gemm> go to sleep you two. =P
<Mary_jane`^> three
<AlcarGM> Sleep? What is this . .sleep? :p
<Mary_jane`^> we've initiated caltak into our zombie clan
<Gemm> lol
<Cyrus`> brrraiiins...
Quote 7960
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Little girl?"
<Cyrus`> "Oh, at the coffee shop beofre, some little girl was asking me about the tooth fairy. Then some... weird guys took her outside. They vanished in a weird way... but I didn't do anything. I hope she's okay."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I saw you talking to ... an old woman, with a necklace of bones. No, teeth. Like. ... offerings."
<Cyrus`> "Really... her eyes seemed... older. I almost thought that was my imagination."
<Cyrus`> "Did you see the ones she left with?"
<AlcarGM> She shakes her head.
<Cyrus`> "Darn. There was definately something weird about them."
* Cyrus` realizes he hadn't started eating, and so does.
<AlcarGM> Callie: "There's something weird about everyone, if you look long enough," with a shy grin.
Quote 7961
<AlcarGM> Callie manages to close her mouth and just shakes her head. "I think I saw. . fields."
<Cyrus`> "Like... grassy fields?"
<AlcarGM> She nods. "Like .. beyond the fields we know."
<Cyrus`> "Oh.."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "She looked .... scary, almost."
<Cyrus`> "Well, damn. Unless there's some kind of trails of breadcrumbs around here..." *looks around, half-expecting to see one.*
<AlcarGM> You don't see any, at present.
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Does this .. happen to you often?"
<Cyrus`> "Um, well... notthing this significant, no."
<Cyrus`> "This is definately a new record of weird, but she is in trouble... I feel sort of obligated to help."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Even if you don't know her?"
* Cyrus` thinks for a moment. "Well... I mean, it's the right thing to do... right? I mean... if someone needs you to be a hero, can you just go 'Sorry, I'm busy.'?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I guess .... I've just met anyone who .... thought like that."
Quote 7962
<Cyrus`> Havoc Mon. It's like a Rastafarian Supervillain.
<AlcarGM> Hm? :p
<Cyrus`> in the topic
<Cyrus`> I saw Havoc Mon
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 7963
<AlcarGM> She follows you outside, looking at the campus. "What kind of people make a city where you can't see the sky and you can't feel the ground?'
* Cyrus` shrugs. "Progress, unfortunately. People don't care as long as they think they're getting somewhere."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I know, but ... sometimes... I tell you something, I have this feeling that this city's dying " She shakes her head. "Sorry."
<Cyrus`> "The world's dieing..." starts walking quickly. "I have an idea."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Maybe. I dreamed it ended once, and no one cared or noticed." She follows, somewhat to your surprise keeping up easily.
<Cyrus`> "Maybe it did. I sometimes feel like I missed something important."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I sometimes feel like that about my whole life," quietly.
Quote 7964
<alcar> Yay! I now have aliens who mutilate crops.
<alcar> Got their instructions wrong :P
* alcar thinks they have a lot of trouble getting cows into circles.
Quote 7965
<AlcarGM> Callie nods and follows you into the wheat. You do find some mutilated crops, since somealiens got their instructsion from home wrong, but other than that it seems a normal field ... except the sky is twilight, and you're sure it's not that late.
* Cyrus` looks at the sky. "Is it just me, or did it get late really fast?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I don't know...." she frowns. "It's no longer cloudy...."
<AlcarGM> The corn whistles far and wee (like a ballon man) and you can hear something moving through it, somewhere to your left.
<Cyrus`> "Hmm. Maybe we're not in Kansas anymore." *stops, at hearing the sound, turnign that way*
<Cyrus`> (( "Don't make me get my water glass, damn it!" ))
<AlcarGM> (( *hehe ))
Quote 7966
<AlcarGM> Corn rustles ....... and the GM pictures corn rustlers, like the cowboy kind, and blames it on lack of sleep. Something is moving.
<Cyrus`> "Who's out there? Or... what, as the case may be?"
<AlcarGM> "Something scary," a soft whispery voice says.
<Cyrus`> "Is that so?"
<AlcarGM> "Oh, yes," the voice says, but something is odd about it. A voice, but no breathing. "It's my nature, you see."
<Cyrus`> "To hide in corn?"
<Cyrus`> "Oh, wait, I get it."
<Cyrus`> "You a scarecrow?"
<AlcarGM> Silence, then the scarecrow steps out of the corn, not making a noise. It's about 4' tall,and well, it's a scarecrow. Stuffed with star, black button eyes, a wide grin, and all of that. And .. strangely . .thee is something, if not scary, as least unsettling about it.
<Cyrus`> "Jeez, when I made that Kansas crack, I didn't expect to actually be in Oz."
<AlcarGM> "Not oz," the scarecrow says in it's dry, whispering voice. "Oz is further away, down the green road. Into the green."
<Cyrus`> "I thought the road was yellow."
<AlcarGM> The scarecrow considers that gravely. "It may be. I am a scarecrow of very little brain, after all."
Quote 7967
<Cyrus`> "Well, anyways, you didn't happen to see two gys in red caps with a little girl and/or an old woman, did you?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Where are we? I mean, you see this too, right? I'm not going mad?"
<Cyrus`> "yeah, I see it. The corn and the scarecrow, anyway."
<AlcarGM> The scarecrow shakes his head. "I saw a queen, and old men some say are the husbands of thehag ride, but they flew overhead and scard me."
<AlcarGM> She looks rather relieved. "Oh, good. I was afraid I was going insane."
<AlcarGM> (( not that there is anything WRONG withn that. Vacation in a padded cell . .get to bite people all you want.... free rent ... ))
<Cyrus`> "...ooookay. In that case, could you direct us to the Tin Woodsman? Heart or no, he might know who I'm talking about."
* Cyrus` is really, really trying to take this in stride at this point. :P
<AlcarGM> Scarecrow: "This is not oz. The only woodsman I know is the one who returns."
Quote 7968
<AlcarGM> Scarecrow: "This is not oz. The only woodsman I know is the one who returns."
<Cyrus`> "Ok, ok, fine. Nevermind. Which way did they go?"
<AlcarGM> He points west. "Go west, young man. But if you do, you may never return, and surely not return unchanged. And there is still death in the lands beyond the fields you know."
* Cyrus` blinks.
<Cyrus`> "Um, wow."
<AlcarGM> (( Callie: "I have a bad feeling about this." ))
<Cyrus`> (( "Yeah, no shit." ))
<AlcarGM> Scarecrow: "Do you like it? I've been practising my introduction to the land under the hills.
* Cyrus` looks at Callie. "You know what? I think I want to see this through... But you don't have to come, if you don't want to."
* Cyrus` glances back at the Scarecrow. "Um, yeah. Nicely... foreboding."
<AlcarGM> (( the Scarecrow, of course, is not going to admit that 'there is still death beyond the fields we know' is from a neil gaiman novel, because that would diminsh the impact of his warning if he had to cite sources :P ))
<Cyrus`> (( lol ))
Quote 7969
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I .. came this far. And I'm part of the story now, aren't I?"
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, I suppose so. And what a story it'll be, eh?"
<AlcarGM> The scarecrow nods and bows. "I am sorry, but it is so. A queen waits in peril, and you must go. If you return, please come back alive and tell me of yout sriv.. ing..." it trails off, frowing. "No, not rhyming next time...." and wanders off into the file. "Strive? Dive? Contrive?" to itself
<AlcarGM> Callie: "This is all very strange. And I'm worried we might miss classes, you know."
* Cyrus` watches him go, and shakes his head.
<Cyrus`> "Well, yeah, but that's the risk you take when you go on an epic quest into anothe realm, I guess."
Quote 7970
<AlcarGM> You walk west, through the twilight that nver sets, and the field slowly gives way to lush rolling hills that, in grand Fantasy Land tradition, only have animals if it's germaine to the plot and never have things like insects. In the distance, a few sheep are eating in a field, with a girl wathcing over them.
<Cyrus`> "Well, at least she seems to be keeping track of them. So it's probably not Bo Peep." as they continue..
<AlcarGM> Callie: "But those are just ... .stories... where ARE we?"
* Cyrus` shrugs. "Dunno. I just figure, the stories could have come from somewhere. Or maybe this place comes from stories. Whatever, I'm just speculating."
<AlcarGM> She nods and follows you over the fields. You should be tired, or hungry, but you don't feel otherwise. A small sliver of the mon is visible through the slouds overhead.
<AlcarGM> The girl watching over the sheep is by the road, as you walk down it. Oddly, following the twisty road is faster than taking a shortcout over the fills.
* Cyrus` follows the road then, regardless of that not making logical sense.
* Cyrus` waves to the girl in passing. "Hi there."
<AlcarGM> The girl is wearing a pretty white dress, and casrring a crook (staff, basically). And, when you get closer, looks up in surprise and turns towards you. "Travelers?" she asks, and is blind, you realize, her eyes roving around in their sockets like newborn hamsters living in her head.
* Cyrus` suddenly wants to ask how she watches sheep while blind, but stifles himself. "Indeed we are."
<AlcarGM> (( how do you thinkshe loses them? p ))
<Cyrus`> (( oh god damn, it is her, isnt it? ))
Quote 7971
<AlcarGM> "We don't get many anymore, from the real worlds," the girl says, looking sad. "We used to, but the world changed."
<Cyrus`> (( lol, I just bluffed my mom into thinking I woke up early. ))
<AlcarGM> (( "It moved on," she says. "Go, There are other worlds than these." .. Nah. Abused star wards. King is pushing it :P ))
<AlcarGM> (( lol! Oh? :p ))
Quote 7972
<Cyrus`> "That's a shame. This place seems nice enough."
<AlcarGM> She nods. "It is, in summer, when the sun it up, and warm. But winter is coming. The dark, killing winter."
<Cyrus`> "Dang. Should've brought a coat."
<Cyrus`> "Hmm, you said real worlds, right? So, this world isn't real, per se?"
<AlcarGM> Callie stifles a sudden giggle.
<AlcarGM> Little Bo Peep: "No, but it will be here when those who dreamt of it are gone, and their worlds beside," in a small, sad voice. "Every night, I lose my sheep. I stumble around, and they always go home without me."
<AlcarGM> (( seeing eye sheep. The new rage. ))
Quote 7973
<Cyrus`> "Couldn't you, say, tie a rope to them, or one of them at least?"
<Cyrus`> "That way, you'd always know where to find it."
<AlcarGM> "I've tried, but I always lose the rope. I have to lose them, you see. It's in the stories, and I have to be blind, so I cannot find them."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "But .. the story isn't like that....."
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, I don't remember them saying you were blind. I always thought you were just distracted, or something."
Quote 7974
<AlcarGM> Bo Peep: "You came here seeking a girl,didn't you?" as the sheep wander away.
<Cyrus`> "Yeah. The scarecrow called her a queen. All I know is she's sometimes a little girl, and sometimes an old woman with a necklace of teeth. Oh, right. Tooth fairy. Now I get it."
<AlcarGM> Bo Peep: "You can't go looking for her!" in an alarmed voice. "She is evil."
<Cyrus`> "The tooth fairy?"
<AlcarGM> Little Bo Peep nods, looking as pale as her sheep. "She teaches children they can sell their body parts for money."
<Cyrus`> "It's just their baby teeth, those things fall out anyway. It's not like she's buying organs off of them."
Quote 7975
* Cyrus` is, secretly, enjoying this.
<AlcarGM> (( of course. He's a D&D player :p ))
<Cyrus`> (( Aye. I leave here a boy, I come back a level 12 Sorceror with a staff of spell-storing. ))
Quote 7976
* alcar grins. This is fun. I made up the whole plot as it went along :p
<Caltak> It's funny how I intended to run into MJ to try to get in on her plot as a secondary character, and instead I'm in Mother Goose realm while she contemplates being a goddess to cave-people.
Quote 7977
<AlcarGM> The woman nods. "Children have no respect for their elders anymore. Now me, I lead a peacable life. Not trouble by anyone's strife." She nods, absently scratching her cats head
<AlcarGM> Dame Trot watches the two of you walk away, calm and content with her life because she kills anyone who bothers her and eats them, feeding the rest to her cat.
<AlcarGM> Callie walks towards the wood. "Something is very weird here."
<Cyrus`> "Everything has been since we arrived."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "But the homes look like .. jails. What kind of fairy tales are these? That old lady looked .. creepy. In her eyes."
<AlcarGM> The woods atre tall, and indeed rather dark as you approach them. You sees the eyss of various animals reflecting through some trees, but none of them approach either of you.
<Cyrus`> "Grim fairy tales, I guess." *smirks* "Okay, that wasn't as funny as it was in my head."
Quote 7978
* Cyrus` decides to cut one from a tree but hesitates, making sure Callie is standing back first... and then does so, but gets ready to jump back if the tree gets pissed and attacks him.
<AlcarGM> The tree doesn't, but you hear a small "ouch" as you remove the branch.
<Cyrus`> "Sorry. I might need this."
<AlcarGM> Tree: "You could have just asked," in a sullen voice.
<Cyrus`> "Oh. My appologies, then. I thought you might not answer if I did."
<AlcarGM> Tree: "Well, I *might* have been busy, but we'll never know NOW, will me? Meanie."
<AlcarGM> Tree: 'How would YOU like it if I cut off one of your fingers without asking?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: "I'm sure we wouldn't. He did say he was sorry."
<AlcarGM> Tree: 'Oh ho! Lovers! Going to carve your initials in my chest next, were you, you little thief?"
Quote 7979
<AlcarGM> Silence, then a rustling of bushes and a wolf comes out. Walking on his hind legs. And wearing a dress that doesn't fit that well at all.
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Are you going to grandma's house?" his voice a deep growl. "I know a shortcut."
<Cyrus`> "Not unless granny lives in a tower."
<Cyrus`> (( "Do either of us look like we're wearing red riding hoods? Piss off." ))
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Err .... she does! It's just .... undergoing renovations. So she's .. in a cottage."
<Cyrus`> "Look, Big Bad.. you mind if I call you that? Anyway, I can appreciate you're just doing your job here, but we really don't need to get sidetracked at this point. So, thanks and all, but we'll just be sticking to the main trail, if it's all the same to you."
<AlcarGM> He gives you both a pleading look and whines. "Please. The girl is on a milk carton and can't get out and I'm hungry....."
Quote 7980
* Cyrus` looks at the wolf, and sighs. "You ever consider, you know, just acting like a normal wolf, at least occasionally? You know, all fours, no cross-dressing? I'm not saying all the time, but... you know, just take a break from it."
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Now wear my dress?!" in a horrified tone. "It's mine! I ate her and put it on and I'm the grandmother now! I have SHARP TEETH! I like ... I like giving milk to fairies! And knitting! And .... things .. grandmothers do. Like sleeping with girls in beds and eating them, okay? Youm have a problem with that?"
<Cyrus`> "Most grandmothers don't do that, from my understanding."
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Well ... well .. it's a cultural thing. Obviously you wouldn't understand."
Quote 7981
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Could I eat the girl? She looks like she wouldn't scream much."
<Cyrus`> "No."
<AlcarGM> The wolf considers thatr, staring atr you with bright amber eyes. "Do you have two older brothers?" warily.
<Cyrus`> "Do I look like a pig or goat to you?"
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "... not at the moment," wisely.
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Then you're not a prince on a quest either?" hopefully.
<Cyrus`> "Well, I'm no prince, but we are on a quest of sorts."
<AlcarGM> Wolf: "Well, one out of three isn't bad odds," and leaps through the air for Callie.
Quote 7982
<AlcarGM> 3d6
<sparkie> AlcarGM 3d6: 8
<Cyrus`> OMG! DICE!
<Cyrus`> WE ARE ALL DOOMED!
* Cyrus` runs for the fallout shelter.
<Mary_jane`^> ... you're rolling in this game?
<AlcarGM> But of course. Risus uses dice after all :p
<Mary_jane`^> LoL no it doesn't, it just pretends to
<AlcarGM> Well, yes :p
<Cyrus`> Isn't that the beauty of it, though? It pretends to have rules.
Quote 7983
<AlcarGM> The path takes you not to the grandmother's house, which is good, but after a while you find the remains of a home made of staw. THen wood. Then brick, which seems to have been bulldozed down.
<Cyrus`> "Ah, so I guess he figured it out."
<AlcarGM> Callie looks at the house, then shakes her head. "What next?"
<Cyrus`> "Hopefully we won't run across the bears, but even so, maybe they won't bother us as long as we leave their property alone."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Bears? Oh. Well, I don't even like porridge."
<Cyrus`> "Hmm, what else... *ponders* There might be dwarves, but they shouldn't be a bother... hmmm..." *thinkfs of Jabberwocky, and quickly dissmisses it. Forcefully, even.*
Quote 7984
<AlcarGM> You walk, and after a time you actually spot a bear. He's about 3' tall, bright golden, and looks like winnie the pooh except he;s siting on the ground with his paws stuck IN a hornets next and crying.
<Cyrus`> "Ah, damn." *hurries over* "Do you need help?" *still far enough away to not get attacked by hornets, hopefully.*
<AlcarGM> The bear looks up, tears trickling down his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I'm just a bear of very little brain." There is something wild in his brown eyes that reminds you of the wolf.
<Cyrus`> "Hey, we all make mistakes. I'll give you a hand, if you promise not to try to hurt us after I do."
<AlcarGM> Bear: "Oh, No! I have to be in here. It's my punishment, by Owl." He pulls one swollen red paw out of the nestr and regards it mournfully. "I thought it was honey. I thought it came in diffferent colours." He sobs. "Christopher? Can you forgive me? I thought it was honey."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Goddess...." in a shocked voice.
* Cyrus` flinches.
<Cyrus`> "uhhhmm. okay then. We... gotta go."
* Cyrus` starts continuing along the path, quickly.
<AlcarGM> Callie follows just a quickly. "This is ... mad! It's ... mad,:" at a loss for something else to say, since she's was brought up to be polite.
* Cyrus` muttered, "we're all mad, here..." then normal tone "Well, I suppose it could be worse, too."
Quote 7985
<Mary_jane`^> "Well... I suppose four years ago, after I banished Merlin... I sort of left my past become the past... And then, when I denied it longer, I started to pretend it never happened. As time drug on I met you, a wizard with all this power, that reminded me of what I used to be. I couldn't leave you because I liked you to much." Laughing lightly "I know it sounds corny but I was attatched... So I feigned ignorance..."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Oh. But ... I'm not powerful."
<Mary_jane`^> "You think you're not powerful because you don't have Sight, but that just means you have power elsewhere."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "Everyone else with magic does!" Then: "Sorry. It's just ..... it's like being blind, to everything else."
* Mary_jane`^ nods
<Mary_jane`^> "Not knowing if you're girlfriend is lieing too you can play a big factor in that... I'm sorry, if it helps."
<AlcarGM> Vance: "How would that help?" in a confused voice.
Quote 7986
<AlcarGM> Yay, Cyrus is getting the visit to Neverland MJ never did take :P
<Cyrus`> Yeah, and is the good Neverland, not the one where you get inappropriately touched.
<AlcarGM> hehehe
<AlcarGM> But he was aquited of all charges!
<Mary_jane`^> ROFL
Quote 7987
<AlcarGM> You get onto the pirate ship, whose name the GM has forgotten, and see the Lost Boys all fixing ropes and rigging. But your gaze is drawn to the only girl, who can only be Wendy. She's tied to the main past by a thin rope, her clothes are dirty, her hair matty, and there's a look in her eyeslike someone one step from broken.
<Cyrus`> "The worst part is that all these story perversions make a sick sort of sense..." *quietly, to Callie*
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Do they?" with a fury that surprises even her.
<AlcarGM> Peter Pan, perhaps better called Peter Pimp, is standing besideher, proudly. "Are you sure you don't want to change your mind?"
* Cyrus` blinks. "Well, I'm not saying they're any less wrong... it's just... er... nevermind."
Quote 7988
<Cyrus`> "Aye aye." *heads down*
<AlcarGM> Callie follows, looking ready to hit someojne. The brig is easy ot find, and quiet large. A thin man is sitting in it, head down and looking exhausted. He looks up when you arrive, and you see Captain Look.
<AlcarGM> http://www.askthebrain.com/pics/543/Michael_Jacksons_face.jpg
<Cyrus`> (( rofl. ))
<AlcarGM> Captain Look: "H-hello?" nervously.
* Cyrus` looks at Callie. "Is it just me, or does he look like who I think he looks like?"
<AlcarGM> Callie looks in, then at you. ".... neverland ...... " in a horrified tone.
Quote 7989
<Mary_jane`^> I wanted to meet Cyrus..
<AlcarGM> he is currently meeting Michael Jackson in a brig :)
<Mary_jane`^> ...
<Cyrus`> Yeah, it's pretty fucked up.
Quote 7990
<AlcarGM> Captain Look: "I shoudn;'t be here," in a weak, exhausted voice. "I just slept with them. I never touched them. I just looked. Can you - can you tell Peter that?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: "....."
<Cyrus`> "Geez, you really are him, aren't you?"
<AlcarGM> Captain Look: "I think I used to be someone else. There was a clock. I hear a clock, and a man died, and I was .. on a pirate ship. I thnk I used to dance?"
<Cyrus`> "Yeah, you were the King of Pop. Seriously though, the kid thing keeps getting you into trouble. You really need to find a new hobby."
<AlcarGM> Captain Look: "It's not a hobby. THey're .. they're the only ones who don't judge. Who don't make fun. Who .. who .. then Peter got older. He ... started doing things., to Wendy. To the others. Becoming his father. Wendy called it that, so he put her here, then somewhere else. I have been .. .lonely. Trapped."
Quote 7991
<AlcarGM> Captain Look: "Please.. I don't know you ... but .. free the girl. I never had a - childhood. I think I was a star. It's hard to - to remember. But I can hear her crying, some nights. I would free her, but I can't."
* Cyrus` looks around conspiratorialy, then leans in and whispers. "When we get there, I'll see what I can do."
<AlcarGM> (( Maybe he can pay peter pan a few million dollars and settle out of court.... ))
<Cyrus`> (( lol ))
<Cyrus`> (( fly the lost boys to another country ))
Quote 7992
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Then what can we do? I'm not sure if I could do a spell to stop all of them...."
<Cyrus`> "Its a tough one. I mean, they outnumber us, and can fly. Bleh, if only I really could get some fairy dust, that'd even the odds some. I wonder where Tinkerbell is... I sure hope he didn't kill her, or something."
<AlcarGM> Callie shivers. "I doubt he killed her," looking a bit green.
* Cyrus` thinks, and shudders a bit, too. "Good point..."
Quote 7993
<AlcarGM> You fly, right past callie and to the hatch. The axe hits it again, almost breaking through.
* Cyrus` kicks it open and bursts out, flying up and crowing, just to mock Pan.
<AlcarGM> Peter Pan's jaw drops, then his eyes blaze with fury. The axe flies through the air towards you
* Cyrus` tries to knock it away with his spear.
<AlcarGM> You manafe to, but collide into a sail doing so, since flying is rather new to you :p
<AlcarGM> Peter flies up towards you, a knife in his hand and death in his eyes.
<AlcarGM> Callie flies out, dragging Captain Look and shoving him towards Wendy.
<AlcarGM> The lost boys.. hesitate .... not hating the Captina.. but they want wendy more ....
<AlcarGM> Tinkerbell is muttering weak fierce war cries.. something about "chew it up and spit it out" .. best not to listen to closely :P
<Cyrus`> "Pan, you've grown up in all the wrong ways. It's a shame." *flies up onto the rigging and lands on the horizontal part of the mast to try to goad him into doing the same, to duel. (Hey, it works in cartoons.)
<AlcarGM> lol. To your surprise, it actually works and he does not. "I CAN'T GROW UP!" he screams, lashing at you with the knife wildly, his face ugly with rage
Quote 7994
<Cyrus`> "Girls usually like maturity, yes. But there's a lot to be said for kindness, and caring. They want someone sensitive, too."
<AlcarGM> You hold him, easilyt. He's . .a lot stronger than he appears, but he's fighting with nothing but anger, and that just makes him sloppy. "Let go of me! Let go of me!"
<Cyrus`> "Not until you calm down," more like a parent than he realizes.
<AlcarGM> Peter Pan: "I'M NOT A CHILD!" as he struggles, trying to bite your hand :p
* Cyrus` tries to force Peter's own arm in front of his face. "You just said you can't grow up."
<AlcarGM> You manage it, but he's wiggling around like an eel and does't seem like he's going to tire anytime soon. "THE STORY WON'T FUCKING LET ME! I HAVE TO HAVE SEX WITH WENDY WITH A STICK! A STICK!"
<Cyrus`> "Then let's leave the fucking story. To hell with this place. You can come with us to our world when we leave, and grow up for real."
Quote 7995
* Mary_jane`^ looks down at Maxine "What is this circle?"
<AlcarGM> maxine: "Just.... sitting ina circle and calling up wards, and then invoking the goddess by the 4 directions..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Which goddess?"
<AlcarGM> maxine: "Uh .... *The* Goddess?"
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "Does she have a name?"
<AlcarGM> Maxine: "All goddess are one gooddess, all gods are one gods. It's .. .part of the creed."
* Mary_jane`^ stares at Maxine
* Mary_jane`^ stares at Maxine some more
<Mary_jane`^> "How long have you been doing magic?"
<AlcarGM> One of the not-as-scared-now witches looks up through the ruins of her mascara. "I . .I name her the Lady. The B - Blue Lady. I saw her, in a dream. But .. I never told anyone, because she has a sword."
<AlcarGM> (( *smiles evilly* ))
* Mary_jane`^ shivers and gets a stinging down her spine
<AlcarGM> Vance looks at you, wide-eyed....
<Mary_jane`^> "Are you.." Clearing her hoarse throat "Are you serious?"
Quote 7996
<AlcarGM> Callie nods, glaring at Peter, the glow around her fading. "I - I think so. I don't know what I did. What is HE doing here?"
<Cyrus`> "What, you wanted me to murder him?" *a bit surprised* "He's just disturbed. Being trapped as a kid sqews your concept of reality after a while, I think."
<Cyrus`> *skews
<AlcarGM> Callie: "And that makes this all right?" angrily.
<Cyrus`> "Of course not. But it's not like he killed anyone. Besides Hook, but that was the croc, and we knew about that."
<AlcarGM> Callie: ".. you want him to come with us?" horrified.
<AlcarGM> Peter: "W - wendy....?"
<AlcarGM> She breaks awa from Captain Look and runs asway to the other side of the ship. Captain Look follows, looking worried.
<Cyrus`> "I just thought... you know... being able to grow up might even him out a little..."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "So he can grow up to ... " she closes her eyes, taking a deep breath, then another. "S-sorry. I just ..... he *hurt* her..."
<AlcarGM> Peter Pan stares at Wendyt running away, and is hurt a swell a stricken look in his eyes, bt he doesn't try and chase her. He just hugs himself, shivering even though it's warm out.
* Cyrus` suddenly feels like he's the bad guy for not killing him, from Callie's natural female guilt-trippery.
Quote 7997
<Cyrus`> I'm guessing the pixie dust'll crap out when we leave here, huh? :(
<AlcarGM> it might, or might not ;)
* AlcarGM thinks Cyrus flying around;d be fun :0
<Cyrus`> (( :D ))
<AlcarGM> "It's like that Adams book. Leap to the ground and forget to fall. Hah! Just kidding. I bet that hurt?"
<Mary_jane`^> ROFLMAO!
Quote 7998
<AlcarGM> The tower is no longer a castle. Or, to be more exact, it is a castle. If a giant penis counts.
<AlcarGM> Peter: "....."
<Cyrus`> "..."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "Is it bad that I think I've seen that before?"
<Cyrus`> (( OOCly, I'm going "oh, fuck." ))
<AlcarGM> (( *grins* ))
<Cyrus`> "Um, well... that depends."
<Cyrus`> (( "Because I've seen it on the cover of the Little Mermaid VHS." ))
<AlcarGM> Callie turns bright red. "Not .. like that..... I mean .. in a dream."
<AlcarGM> Callie: "..that's not better."
<Cyrus`> "Oh. Well, I don't know. Was it a bad dream?"
<AlcarGM> Callie: 'I - I don't remember."
<AlcarGM> (( Peter: "It reminds me of CL..." ))
<AlcarGM> (( Peter: "Err .. I'm joking... " ))
<Cyrus`> (( "Yeah, but without the glitter, right?" ))
<AlcarGM> (( ... ewww! ))
Quote 7999
<alcar> And Mimr is really not someone Cyrus wants to meet :p
<Caltak> no?
<alcar> Mimir is bad. She royally screwed up Gabe, Nora and almost MJ.
* alcar is probably not having her show in this game because, well, I don't like GMing her :P
<alcar> Yup.
<Caltak> lol, you created a character you have an averstion to playing? lol...
<alcar> When an NPCs idea of fun is sexual torture, it's not fun :p
Quote 8000
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I thought we'd ..retired . or something."
<Mary_jane`^> "Not with the dreams comming... Oh! Gabe found a picture from some cave people who were prayign to me so I got the chance to turn down being a goddess as well... It seems my past is haunting me."
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "You know you don't have to get involved this time, right?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Screw that. We're friends....I hope mine past doesn't show upt. I really don't want to meet my clones," She takes a bite, then says "That came out too . .casual, didn't it?"
* Mary_jane`^ nods