A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 7301 to 7400

Quote 7301
<Mary`Jane^> MJ is so mean
<Mary`Jane^> she doesn't like fat people I don't think
<Mary`Jane^> She's so predjudice
<Mary`Jane^> I hate her
<AlcarGM> Oh, she's just sarcastic about everyone :p
<AlcarGM> Er, you mean your pc.... okay... :p
<Mary`Jane^> yeah
<AlcarGM> I thought you meant Nora...
<Mary`Jane^> No
<AlcarGM> That's not a good sign, chaos :P
Quote 7302
<AlcarGM> you hate your pc? :p
<Mary`Jane^> Yeah, she's totally prejudice
<Mary`Jane^> If I had that kind of power
<Mary`Jane^> I'd be cool with it and give liposuctions
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 7303
<AlcarGM> You drop him off at school and drive to yours. Biology is .... interesting .... again. I won't bother to make up a speech for Mrs. Thompson this time, just that she advocates giving pro-life mothers every unwanted child and seeing how long it lasts until they just snap and kill the whole brood.
* Mary`Jane^ wonders when Mrs. Thompson will actually start talking about... BIOLOGY
<AlcarGM> (( possibly never ;P ))
<Mary`Jane^> Is it possible to link the words 'Mrs. Thompson' and 'On task'?
<Mary`Jane^> Wait wait wait...
<Mary`Jane^> I just realized something
<Mary`Jane^> OMG
<AlcarGM> what?
<Mary`Jane^> Her name... is MRS. thompson...
<AlcarGM> you probably don;'t want to meet her family....
<Mary`Jane^> probably?
<Mary`Jane^> take the probalby out and you have a true statement =p
Quote 7304
<AlcarGM> Luna is, surprisngly, actually in English class.
* Mary`Jane^ goes back and sits by her and smiles
<Mary`Jane^> "What are you doing tonight?"
<AlcarGM> Luna looks at you, surprised. "Oh. Watching the stars to see if they come right."
<AlcarGM> (( *whistles* ))
<Mary`Jane^> "If they what?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "If Venus actually eclipses Mars."
<Mary`Jane^> "Wanna do something more interesting?"
Quote 7305
<AlcarGM> You hear a sharply truncated scream from the bathroom.
<AlcarGM> Another roll of thunder, and the door to the womans washroom explodes outwards in a shower of splinters.
<AlcarGM> Nora leaps out .. folllowed by the largest, ugliest wolf you've ever seen
<Mary`Jane^> "Uuh.."
<Mary`Jane^> (( Did she have the hammer before she entered, and does she have it now? ))
<AlcarGM> (( she still doesn't have it ))
<AlcarGM> Noras leaps desperately out of the way as the wolf the size of a large pony attempts to rip her arm off. It's covered in scars and snarling like a mad thing.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Shit!" as she leaps backwards.
<AlcarGM> People are screaming and scattering like mad
<AlcarGM> There are a few moans of agony from the bathroom, and several people being trampled by the crowds
* Mary`Jane^ jumps infront of nora and the wolf, with a lunch tray as a shield
<AlcarGM> The shield explodes with blue fire as the wolf crashes into it .. and bounces off, the tray exploding into shards in the process.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "What the fuck is this? We can't go to the BATHROOM now?"
* Mary`Jane^ jumps on the wolf and holds on tight... Feeling very much like a rodeo queen
Quote 7306
<AlcarGM> The wolf howls twisting wildly and trying to basically crush you into a wall flat as a pancake.
* Mary`Jane^ creates a more primitive dagger this time, having less time and concentration to do it
* Mary`Jane^ stabs him on the other side and shifts position as he rams the wall
<AlcarGM> Youbarely make up as a gust of wind hurls Nora up to the classroom.
* Mary`Jane^ gets off of the wolf before he hits the next wall
<AlcarGM> The wolf howls again, bleeding badly but not letting up .... you're not sure it knows HOW to :p
<AlcarGM> You manage to get off just in time as it barrels through the wall and wheels in mid air to land facing you and snarling.
* Mary`Jane^ stands and whips herself off, forming another dagger
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I can't do anything here. We'll blow up the whole school!"
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".. well .. not that that would be BAD .... "
Quote 7307
<AlcarGM> Your cut .. deep .. definitely not enough to hit anything vital though .... and it twists, it's tail lashing out and just missing as you back off.
* Mary`Jane^ stands next to nora wheezing loudly
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Come on, you stupid hammer... Wind!"
<AlcarGM> Nora is standing, but drenched in sweat. The wolf is coming ... though very slowly...
<AlcarGM> Nora: "This is .. insane... "
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Can'tr try .. the dark stuff .. not in a school ..... would likely drive srudents insane...." witrh something approaching a grin. "Virgins screaming in unholy lust.... might .. distract it?"
<Mary`Jane^> "Wait wait... I think I know this wolf..."
* Mary`Jane^ coughs up blood and spits
<AlcarGM> Nora: "You . .saw ... an owner tag..?"
Quote 7308
<Mary`Jane^> "This is that wolf from norse myths... The big one.."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I thought it was .. chained up .. or something?"
<AlcarGM> Thunder rumbles and slams into the wolf, who stumbles back and then snarls wildly and pushes forward.
<Mary`Jane^> "I dunno... Loki's supposed to be being torchered too."
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... and you know .. he's not .... Met him ... on a a stroll?"
Quote 7309
<Mary`Jane^> The good news is
<Mary`Jane^> I almost killed the wolf that will kill odin
<AlcarGM> yes :P
<AlcarGM> Odin owes you :)
<Mary`Jane^> well
<Mary`Jane^> I was thinking more
<Mary`Jane^> If odin comes to kill me, I can take him =p
<AlcarGM> lol!
Quote 7310
* Mary`Jane^ looks rather exhausted
<Mary`Jane^> "Let's start going to the bathroom together now..."
* Mary`Jane^ stands and helps nora up
<Mary`Jane^> "Let's hurry out the back before the police come or something."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... I think .. people saw us ..... might be hard. . to explain...."
<Mary`Jane^> "We can write it off as delirium caused by the excitement."
Quote 7311
<AlcarGM> A man with a bullhorn is asking everyone who was in the cafeteria at the time of the alleged incident to form up in the west parking lot."
* Mary`Jane^ shrugs and figures it's a good time to disapear and be thought of a druggy or something... better that than the person who made a dagger out of air...
Quote 7312
* AlcarGM has this terrible mental image of it all being blamed on Mrs. Thompson :p
<Mary`Jane^> I wouldn't object
<Mary`Jane^> it was the wolves of man attacking her for not conforming and then forcing everyone else to think like her...
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 7313
<AlcarGM> (( is debating the car becoming some kind of magical relic ... it's been through enough :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( It needs a new paint job first ))
* Mary_jane`^ hopes the car doesn't drive itself soon... that would be bad...
<AlcarGM> (( You'd have to name it Kit. ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I would do no such thing! ))
<AlcarGM> (( but knight rider is fun! ))
Quote 7314
* Mary_jane`^ jiggles the door to see if it opens
<AlcarGM> Locked.
<AlcarGM> (( Oh! And do you have your sword with you? :) ))
<Mary_jane`^> Yes!
<Mary_jane`^> Since you ask, yes!
<AlcarGM> (( d'oh! ))
Quote 7315
<AlcarGM> Jeeves doesn't even blink when you come in, merely says that Nora seems to be still asleep and asks if Gabe wants a tour, rather sarcastically. Gabe says yes. "Except for the dance floor. I don't think I'll be dancing anytime soon."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves sighs and mutters something you don't catch.
* Mary_jane`^ helps gabe out
<AlcarGM> As they go inside you hear Gabe saying "There IS a dance floor? Wow...."
<Mary_jane`^> "Great... I need to go, I'll be back to pick up gabe and Nora... and I might maybe bring a visitor." With a wink
<AlcarGM> Jeeves ignores that :P
* Mary_jane`^ leaves in a hurry
Quote 7316
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "No, you don't," harshly. "Not if you have an ounce of sense, child. Magic isn't something one just uses, or just learns. It's something one is, and one becomes. It demands prices, and the payment is always too high. Always."
<Mary_jane`^> "Then why did you do it?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise smiles but his eyes are cold, cold. "Because I thought I'd be lucky, be the exception. Because I wanted to impress a girl, and I was foolish and stupid."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm already going to die for the world... And i'm not trying to impress anybody... The price can be what it will, I still need to save the world."
<Mary_jane`^> (( Unless, ofcourse, the price is the world ))
Quote 7317
<Mary_jane`^> I wonder how he'd react to my troupe
<AlcarGM> Not much fazes him :p
<Mary_jane`^> lol
<Mary_jane`^> but...
<Mary_jane`^> an angel.. a half demon with the tree on her hand and Mjolnir, a 9 year old fisher king paralized before becoming king...
<AlcarGM> lol., Yeah. They will :p
Quote 7318
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, should I grab my sword?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Always. A weapon is important. And a sword is a man's weapon, which is vital. Magic is about balance, to some extent. Male, female; light, dark; creation, destruction . . . thogh it's rarely that simple. Destruction can be a creative act, after all."
<Mary_jane`^> "But I'm female."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Exactly. And there is male in you, the animus, the male part of you. No one is just one thing."
<Mary_jane`^> "Animus?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "The inner self, behind the unconscious, the thing lurking beneath the basement of the mind. Most people don't like to admit it exists. Merlin never did."
<Mary_jane`^> "So it's like... My oposite?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise gets in and shakes his head. "It's part of you, the part you don't want to admit exists."
<Mary_jane`^> "Like those bad thoughts I get that I have to shake away because they're things that no one should think?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Magic can be done without admitting it, of course, or even confronting it. Most magicians think it's just nonsense anyway...." He nods. "Very close to that. In some respects it can be the person you would be if *you* weren't in your head. What you'd do if you had no morals, or conscience. It is that, for some people. It can also be a source of strength in denying it."
<Mary_jane`^> "Denial is the strongest force in the universe."
<AlcarGM> Blaise chuckles. "Ah. Someone has told you law one?"
* Mary_jane`^ nods
<Mary_jane`^> "And law one as well."
Quote 7319
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "You wouold need to be initiated to understand the secret of magic, which is mostly that we make it all up as we go along. We make everything up, mage or otherwise. Science tells us this," he waves a hand in front of you "does not exist. We know it doesn't exist, but most people can't believe that, so they don't."
<Mary_jane`^> "What is this." Waving a hand infront of him
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Everything. The world we see, the world we perceive. The world we imagine ...." He trails off. "Some years after I was cursed by God I chanced to find a cave. A temple deep under the earth, where the old secrets and things dwell, from before the world was settled. Old, and powerful, and deep. I drank from a well that did not exist, and learned many thing I would give anything to unlearn."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah."
<Mary_jane`^> "But you can't sacrifice enough to unlearn it?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "No," softly. "I cannot die, and that may not be enough. I saw what really is, the Truth that makes all truths a lie. The . . . things, on the other side of mirrors, in our shadows watching us, hating us for having choice, for being real, for being alive . . ." He chuckles oddly. "Go looking for something with magic and you find it ... "
* Mary_jane`^ skoots slightly closer to the door
<Mary_jane`^> "So where are we not going?"
Quote 7320
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't drive to anywhere that isn't a drive in
<AlcarGM> Okay. You arrive at Fred's Fast Food, where expiry dates are myths.
<Mary_jane`^> Nothing is a myth because nothing is true!
<Mary_jane`^> Except what I see
<AlcarGM> (( :p ))
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't drive to what isn't the speaker
Quote 7321
<Mary_jane`^> "I hope not... Last god, legend, myth I saw looked pretty sorry."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Who was it?" curiously
<Mary_jane`^> "Mimir."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Ah." He looks sad. "She was one a Power, you know. Long ago. Before the world decided it was sane, before the wild magics faded and the old powers slept under the earth or stepped sideways into other lands. Nothing remains pure. Everything falls, especially if it won't admit that."
<Mary_jane`^> "I can't say I enjoyed her company.
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "I am amazed you managd to leave it."
<Mary_jane`^> "She ran like a little school girl."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: ".... did she really?"
<Mary_jane`^> "You bet your ass she did.. We wore her down enough to where she was starting to get vulnerable... I imagine she has enemies waiting for such an oportunity."
<Mary_jane`^> "The only good thing I can say about her is, that she knows when to quit."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Oh, *yes*. Anyone who becomes Important gets enemies." He chuckles. "I doubt she quit. You don't get to be old without having much besides your reputation left to you, and defending it is . . . important. I imagine she's just waiting."
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<Mary_jane`^> "She left me alone, that's all I care about right now..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Can I start driving with direction or... Are we not going somewhere?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "I doubt she has. And she is powerful . . . " He frowns and looks around, the chuckles. "Well. I doubt she will, if it comes to that . . . and yes. The zoo."
* Mary_jane`^ goes to the zoo
<Mary_jane`^> "What's at the Zoo?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "The last hope in the war. The remaining seals that hold back Hell from this reality. And, perhaps, Ragnarok, though I've never agreed that it's just an anagram for kangaroo myself."
Quote 7322
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "hm. I've never actually taught it . . . It's much like coincidence, really. Noticing what is going on around you and fitting in to it. Riding a wave of possibility as far as it can you. Sometimes you just end up lucky, othertimes you don't." He grins. "In that sense, magic is love. Learning to pay attention."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "And real magic may be watching people deny magic, to clin to what they believe. Denial of magic is a magic as well. If you notice what people WANT to believe, you can be that thing, follow patterns. Much like ley lines."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ley?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise stops beside the exhibit for lions and looks at you. "Lines of power. Often where standing stones or McDonalds end up being placed. Sacred places, for the most power. A lot of natural magic ends up in them, or is created by them."
Quote 7323
<Mary_jane`^> "SO my battle with arthur will likely end up at a place of high concentration of ley lines?"
<AlcarGM> He nods. "Here, I imagine, because the last of the seals are here."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "and protected," slowly, looking around.
<Mary_jane`^> "It can't be moved?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "They're seals. You could move them, but you'd need a tank, and water, and a lot of legal trouble."
* Mary_jane`^ looks around too
<Mary_jane`^> "SO they're big?"
<AlcarGM> As the last of the staff exit you begin to feel . . . something. A low humming at the edge of hearing.
<Mary_jane`^> "Wait... SEALS?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise nods. "The seven seals spoken of in Relevation, and other places. Only three remain, thanks to humans who like to eat seal flesh."
<Mary_jane`^> "ARUTHUR KILLED OFF ALL OF THE SEALS!?"
Quote 7324
<Mary_jane`^> "Then what are we doing here? They're probably protected from us too."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "They're protected against Power, but not against mundane threats."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh... So he can't send some random idiot to come poison them?"
<AlcarGM> Your power flares up and the zoo changes. The walls ... don't work, anymore. The buildings tilt at angles that shouldn't be possibly and perspectives skew, things turn black and white, then overexposed.... then it settles, and you can sense something Vast around youl, something ancient and terrible burning invisibly in some level of reality you cannot see. A ward, too big for you to grasp it.
* Mary_jane`^ shakes the power off
<Mary_jane`^> "A seal for the seals."
<AlcarGM> He nods. "He can do that, which is why they normally have guardians of one kind of another. it seems someone no longer trusts them and has warded this place in Enochian ... an angel... " he nods. "Irony. The first law."
Quote 7325
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, show me the seals I'm protecting."
<AlcarGM> He nods and continues walking, leading you to the seal exhibit. It hasn't been closed up for the night yet, and there are three seals lounging about in water and on rock. On teir foreheadsburnsn a Mark, a Sign of kind, though you cannot read it and have a strong feeling you never want to. Aside from it, they look like completely normal seals.
<Mary_jane`^> "Can everyone see the mark?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise shakes his head. "only those who have to, normally. I See it because I went . . . underground, into the darkness. Merlin may be able to, because he is Merlin and his will is a terrible thing. Thre fisher kings can. Angels, because of what they are. Few others."
<Mary_jane`^> "How come I can?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Because of who you are, of course. Because you sacrificed things, in another life I suspect."
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<Mary_jane`^> "Is there any other reason we've come here? I kind of want to get to the spirit traps tonight and if the seals are sealed then there's not much we can do here."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Or because a Power will its, and there are forces older than God and this universe that sometimes take note of us. Sometimes, they make choices in whatever place they exist, and things happen that no one has reasons for, that no one can explain. Perhaps the roll dice, or merely imagine a thing and it is so. For all I can See, there are things I cannot understand."
<AlcarGM> (( :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Damnit, he's figured us out... Kill him! ))
Quote 7326
<Mary_jane`^> "Alright, you guys ready?"
<AlcarGM> Blaise nods.
<Mary_jane`^> "We don't have a random furry dog this time so... Try not to get thrown into any bushes."
<AlcarGM> Gabe grins. "I don't plan to."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "As long as you all don't come back."
* Mary_jane`^ stares at Jeeves
* Mary_jane`^ droppes her jaw
<Mary_jane`^> "I... I knew you didn't exactly LIKE me but... I didn't think you HATED me that MUCH."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "I MEAN, to spend the night. Or several nights. Or show up with a small party."
<AlcarGM> He has the grace to look a little embarrassed :)
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "Fine..."
<AlcarGM> Nora glares at him. "You. Me. Living room. Pick one of them."
<AlcarGM> She look s at you "Get everyone ready. I'm driving."
<AlcarGM> She practically marches Jeeves out.
<Mary_jane`^> LOL!
<Mary_jane`^> I'm gunna get the poor guy fired
Quote 7327
<Mary_jane`^> "Gabe, why don't you head to the car, I need to ask Blaise a question."
<AlcarGM> Gabe nods and does so.
<AlcarGM> Blaise looks at you curiously.
<Mary_jane`^> "Something wrong? YOu looked surprised at something."
<AlcarGM> Blaise: "Hmm? Your companions. A possible demon marked with the tree of life is .... unusual enough. A fisher king like the boy is ... unknown. Like you, something new embodied in something old."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah... I suppose it's Rule one."
<Mary_jane`^> "Like atracts Like."
<AlcarGM> Blaise looks at you, then laughs quietly. "Quite true."
Quote 7328
<Mary_jane`^> I'm kind of excited to see what would happen and how confused someone would be if they just jumped in as a PC of this game with no prior knowledge of anything
<Mary_jane`^> or even if MJ were to jump to another game
<Mary_jane`^> the fact that she's been developed so much makes her that much more interesting
<Mary_jane`^> I mean, just in talking to blaise she has a story for every example he could think of =p
<AlcarGM> lol
<AlcarGM> yeah :)
Quote 7329
<AlcarGM> Nora comes out, humming to herself and hammer in hand. 'THAT is dealt with. So. We're off to see the wizard, then?"
<Mary_jane`^> "You didn't fire him did you? I mean, he's only trying to protect you..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Please never say that again..."
<Mary_jane`^> "The last time I was on the yellow brick road... Things didn't turn out too good."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "No. I just told him to stop being so sarcastic and I'd answer his questions when we got back. Of course, I have no idea what I'm going to tell him...."
<Mary_jane`^> "Tell him you're playing some game about people trying to save the world from hell... Like ah... What's that one game the nerds play with the dice..."
<Mary_jane`^> (( She's calling me a nerd, I'm hurt =( ))
Quote 7330
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... uhm .. dungeons and dominance?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, that's the one! Uh... DOminance? Really? I didn't know that was an s&m game.."
* Mary_jane`^ leans back
<Mary_jane`^> "Let's just go."
<Mary_jane`^> (( It's nora's inner demon changing the meaning of the game by changing a word ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( *nudging reality only slightly* ))
Quote 7331
<AlcarGM> Nora drives into the south end of Municiburg. It's a chilly Monday night, the moon is out and obscured by stormclouds and her car is now battered and strange enough to fit right in. Most of the buildings are condemned, or should be. Slum apartments owned by rich people bleeding away lives for some profit. Oddly, it's pretty much a crime to live in one though not to own one.
<AlcarGM> or several. Or a few blocks, and be rich. It's not ghetto, because it's the kind of area that gives ghettoes a bad name. Most of the people are subsisting. Drufg dealers, the working poor, people with no place else to go. You can feel it, at some level, the weight of the place. THere is no way out, for most of them. They get sdrawn in, and they never leave.
<Mary_jane`^> lol
* Mary_jane`^ watches them pass by
<AlcarGM> Well, they could just walk about five blocks and leave, but no one ever does THAT :p
Quote 7332
<Mary_jane`^> "It's almost a magnet of sorrow, once you move in you can never leave."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Yeah." He looked tired, and sad. "Most places are like that, though. Get enough people in a bad situation in one place and it gets worse. They just ... feed off each other, and make it bearable, but it makes sure no one ever leaves. Hope is a luxury people can't afford here."
<AlcarGM> (( how cheery :p ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... wow. You almost make me want to donate some money to a few charities here, Gabe."
<Mary_jane`^> "They have to be too good for charity here, to get this low... Or atleast think they are."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "That's not charity. Charity is the deprived helping each other. It's giving when you have nothing to give. All you'd be doing is .. restitution. Balancing a little. And I'm not sure it would help. People have to want to be helped."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... too good for charity. I like that. Pride cometh before a fall into slumlands."
<Mary_jane`^> "I think it's pride that got them here."
Quote 7333
<Mary_jane`^> Alcar's characters are argueing with themselves again
<AlcarGM> sadly, yes :p
<Mary_jane`^> its rather funny, actually
Quote 7334
<Mary_jane`^> so alcar
<Mary_jane`^> how many pages is the magic system in this game?
<AlcarGM> 3 and a bit.
<AlcarGM> why?
<Mary_jane`^> I just wondered how you condense 3 pages into 'we just make this up as we go along'
* AlcarGM laughs. Well, that's pretty much how most magic users really think it works :p
Quote 7335
<Mary_jane`^> btw
<Mary_jane`^> have you thought of where the game's going if mj defeats arthur?
<AlcarGM> yep :)
* AlcarGM has often wondered what heroes do when the heroing is done :)
Quote 7336
<AlcarGM> Your power flares, and the dead woman turns back ... and it begins to flow from you into her....
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't give her the chance to take anymore, and charges her
<aslhk> ((no, don't do it! remember the first law!))
<AlcarGM> What do you want to do? You can feel your power pouring out of you into the dead woman, being absorbed or devoured or something you can't even think about....
* Mary_jane`^ would hate to repeat herself
<AlcarGM> well, you charged her. I mea, do you start to hack her up .. or throw her to the ground and have wild sex?
<AlcarGM> And please don't say yes to wild sex.
Quote 7337
<AlcarGM> THings.. two dimensional creatures begin coming out of the darkness, and out of your own shadows, reaching out with claw-like fingers to tear and rend.
<AlcarGM> mouths begin forming as they start to swarm around each of you.
* Mary_jane`^ flares her light to battle the shadows
<AlcarGM> Your light doesn't hurt them, at all. If anything, they get angr and MORE of them swarm you.
<AlcarGM> You can feel the presence of the wizard behind them, his naked will powerful enough to summon things that should not exist and give them flesh.
* Mary_jane`^ extinguishes her light then, settling for a blue tint... And stillw alking for the door
<AlcarGM> Uhm, They're tring to cut you to pieces. And they have teeth., And claws :p
<Mary_jane`^> I'M TRYING TO GET RID OF THEM, OK?
<Mary_jane`^> I AM ONLY ONE PERSON I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH! THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME! OMG I'M GOING TO CRY!
Quote 7338
* Mary_jane`^ wishes to be NEAR where luna is
<Mary_jane`^> a hop skip and jump?
<AlcarGM> she IS a somomewhere, at present. Hence, nothing happens :p
* Mary_jane`^ WANTS TO BE AT THAT SOMEWHERE
* Mary_jane`^ uses the power of truth to find out wehre she is, then so ha!
<AlcarGM> You reach out, and find yourself looking up as more of the roof falls in, your eyes drawn to the moon overhead.
* Mary_jane`^ uses her knowledge of magic to GO THERE then
* Mary_jane`^ makes a rune to help her, since she doesn't seem to have enough power to do it herself
<AlcarGM> You reach.... power comes, from inside. Behind you, you hear Blaise: "What are -"
<AlcarGM> And the world moves.. or you do . .you're standing somewhere .... cold .... far too cold . .your breaht comes out, and there is no more....
<AlcarGM> the stars are brighter, and closer. You're, somehow, on the moon. And, you realize rather quickly, dying.
<Mary_jane`^> oops
<Mary_jane`^> Didn't expect it to be the actual, literal MOON
<AlcarGM> (( you can't exactly breathe :p ))
* Mary_jane`^ goes to the spirit world, then, if she can
Quote 7339
<AlcarGM> A voice, female, says inside your head "Why do you frighten my men?"
* Mary_jane`^ looks around for the owner
<Mary_jane`^> "Well... I didn't MEAN to... I was trying to understand them. Who are you?"
<AlcarGM> The five men run back away from you, making getures to ward off evil that look a lot like George Bush proving he was a Satanist.
<Mary_jane`^> "WHERE are you?"
<AlcarGM> Voice: "Seer, of the people. Dead for some years, waiting for my successor." A woman appears in front of you ... the same as the men ... hot huamns ... homo erectus, maybe? ... and, of course, you can see through her.
<AlcarGM> The men relax when they see her, saying things to each other and looking rather excited.
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh... I'm not it, I'm affraid.. Uhm... Where am I?"
<AlcarGM> The woman looks puzzled. "Here, of course."
<Mary_jane`^> "And here is...?"
<AlcarGM> The ghost gestures to the world around you. Sand and rock, mostly. A desert of some kind.
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah..."
Quote 7340
<AlcarGM> "You are not of the people," the ghost says. "I know that much. You do not belong here/now."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah... Looks kind of primative... Ironic."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well..."
<AlcarGM> The ghost frowns at you, then gestures and a GPS display appears in front of her. "You seem to be lost."
<AlcarGM> j/k
<Mary_jane`^> THAT WOULD BE SO TOTALLY COOL!
Quote 7341
<Mary_jane`^> "I certainly don't plan on it."
* Mary_jane`^ walks through the door
<AlcarGM> Something becomes aaware of you. You fee a Presence take note of you, and the void flickers for a moment as it assesses .. and you appear back in the remains of the spirit trap, to hear Blaise shouting :I TOLD you she could be .. anywhen. She pushed magic with her power and only the gods know where she could be. Or what she might be. I can't just snap my fingers and she'll appear." He does so ..... then looks at you ..... then at his fingers...
* Mary_jane`^ smiles
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, isn't that Ironic?"
Quote 7342
* Mary_jane`^ wonders if god had email
<AlcarGM> YOU HAVE MAIL! Well, one email. Something about seven days, and a chain letter you have to pass on ....or not :p
<Mary_jane`^> god@heaven.gov
<Mary_jane`^> .gov because of seperation of church and state, and the universe leans toward irony
Quote 7343
* Mary_jane`^ sits in her bed and stares at the moon in wonder for a while, then crawls under the covers
<AlcarGM> Eventually, as if against your will, you sleep .... and, as you have before and will agian, you dream .... not a nice dream, even compared to the others that came before it. Perhaps guilt shows you it, or remorse ... or the dead...
<AlcarGM> http://alcar.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=fgame&action=display&num=1110799159
* Mary_jane`^ cries herself to sleep
<AlcarGM> (( the GM really hopes this one never comes to pass :p ))
* Mary_jane`^ kind of likes it
<Mary_jane`^> err wait
<AlcarGM> (( .... say what? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> Sorry, that wasn't MJ
<Mary_jane`^> I thought I was sparkie for a minute
Quote 7344
<AlcarGM> The ninja smirks, meeting your eyes., You lock gazes, and power flares ..... only to break apart wildly, chaotically. Where her eyes should be you see two golden apples, and the word Kallisti seems to flare in the air before her . .word, and warning.
<AlcarGM> "Truth?" The ninja laughs, wiping her blade off on the corpse and looking delightrly. "But, dear girl, everythng is true."
<Mary_jane`^> warning?
<Mary_jane`^> "You'd be surprised."
* AlcarGM nods. It's some kind of power....
<AlcarGM> She grins. "Even false things are true."
<Mary_jane`^> "Seriously, who are the poee... Are you the same ninja that tried to kill me up on the hill?"
* Mary_jane`^ pales
<AlcarGM> She shrugs. "Of them. We're in this for our own reasons, which reason doesn't know. The curse of greyface will be ended, though."
<Mary_jane`^> "You have a way of answering questions with babble. Could you be more direct?"
<AlcarGM> She grins. "Nonsesense as salvation. Seek the sacred chao."
<Mary_jane`^> "Do you work for the cable company?"
<AlcarGM> She stops grining, eyeing you thoughtfully, and puts her sword away. "It's a living."
Quote 7345
<alcar> discordian ninjas are fun.
* alcar wishes I'd thought ofthem years ago
<aslhk> :D
<aslhk> (I responded to that at 5:05)
<alcar> lol
<aslhk> you said it at 5:00
<aslhk> =P
Quote 7346
<Mary_jane`^> hopefully it's college
<Mary_jane`^> where parents aren't alowed
<AlcarGM> hm?
<Mary_jane`^> what happens to heros when the heroing is done
<AlcarGM> lol
<Mary_jane`^> for MJ i think it will be college
<Mary_jane`^> she can't just stop living because her purpouse was complete
<Mary_jane`^> if she didn't die then that means there is more to come... be it a normal life or something else
Quote 7347
<Chaos`^> wonder what sal is really doing
* alcar chuckles.
* alcar has plots :P
<Chaos`^> wonder if it has anything to do with porn
<Chaos`^> i mean
<Chaos`^> if he's really doing the nasty in that bedroom with himself
<Chaos`^> to work up that much sweat, he has to be trying to have sex with the ceiling
<alcar> lol
Quote 7348
<Chaos`^> I wouldn't mind her to be unique in that she knows the way the world works that no one else really does... The 'behind the scenes' that are behind the scenes... But I also don't want her to go crazy like blaise
<WarezBert> i want one of the characters to have a profound revelation about the way the universe works, and inexplicably from that day forward destroy flower shops wherever he finds them.
<alcar> lol WarezBert
Quote 7349
<AlcarGM> You arrive at school school, and there are giant creatures you've never seen before moving around it, and above it, metal spiders or goliaths of another age harvesting it's organs, and then you blink, and the notion is gone, and I need to have more ands, and the cranes are slowly putting the cafeteria back together like a giant jigsaw puzzle.
<Mary_jane`^> are you serious?
<AlcarGM> (( When am I not? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> most of the time
<AlcarGM> (( Good point. About which part? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> oh
<Mary_jane`^> Sorry, Had to read the paragraph twice to get it
<AlcarGM> A few students are trickling into school, most out having a smoke or talking in cliques before classes to delay the final moment where they become students again as long as possible.
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head, and goes inside looking aorund
<AlcarGM> (( it's the commas, right? :p Evil ands. ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Yeah, it was ))
Quote 7350
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thompson strides into class, wearing sweatpants and a baggy sweater, her hair messed up all ove the place, and no make up.
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thoomspon: "Everything you will learn in High School is a lie."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "So what did you dream?"
* Mary_jane`^ stares at Mrs. Thopson
* Mary_jane`^ raises a hand
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thomspon: "Biology is nothing more than a lie. Appearances are lies. This, is me, shorn of lies. Of make up to impress people I have no need to impress, of artifice lost. Biology is genetics as much as it is luck. If not a great deal less. Surviving giant meteors of alien invasions is a mater if LUCK, not genetics.."
<AlcarGM> She blinks, stasing at you. No one is sure the last time someone raised their hand in this class. She frowns at you, then says "Yes, Mary Jane?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Mrs. Thompson--are you feeling ok?"
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thomspon: "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Does she want a list?" under her breath.
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, you just seem kind of out of it."
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thomspon: "Out of what?"
<AlcarGM> (( Entire class: "Reality." .. :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> "IT, you were saying last tuesday that appearances are everything in the working world if you want people to listen to you. And today you look like you forgot to sleep last night. And now you're telling us that the world is luck when just yesterday you said that the world is a pre-programed system that is controlled by men."
<AlcarGM> Nora stares at you, awed. "You LISTEN to her?"
* Mary_jane`^ looks at Nora "Well yeah, I DO want to pass."
* Mary_jane`^ actually reserves this knowledge to get out of answering questions that she doesn't want answered
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thompson ignores Nora, though quite a few students are trying, withn varying degrees of success, not to laugh. "Then you understand. The world is all those things, and more besides. It's about stories, and stories are lies we tell each other to show us truths. We all exist, and none of us do. This," she waves a hand to the wall. "Isn't solid. According to science, it's mostly empty space. But we can't believe that."
Quote 7351
<Mary_jane`^> She babbled because she thought nobody listened to her =p
<Mary_jane`^> OMG that's so funny
<Mary_jane`^> all I had to do was prove I listened and she starts becoming a real teacher
<AlcarGM> lol. Yup :)
Quote 7352
<Mary_jane`^> "Who are you?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Luna Parsons," slowly, as if reciting something. "I play the piano."
<Mary_jane`^> "Luna is a lie. Who ARE you?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "It's all a lie." She smiles, and the smile is almost frighteningly sane. "I know. But it's a secret."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I know who you are, too. The wizard knows, but he doesn't know he knows. We all tell lies. You lie, about your dreams."
<Mary_jane`^> "Tell me the truth."
<Mary_jane`^> or perhaps Tell me, The Truth.
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Why? There are lots of truths." She stands slowly, her expression distant. "But more secrets. I hear them.."
* Mary_jane`^ smiles gently
<Mary_jane`^> "The truth shal set you free." OMG i always wanted to use that =p
<AlcarGM> (( lol ))
<AlcarGM> Luna: ".. but first it will piss you off."
Quote 7353
* alcar shall have to make a in depth character list tomorrow :p
<alcar> otherwise chaos and I will get lost.
<aslhk> kill them all!
<aslhk> a big disease!
<aslhk> =P
<aslhk> caused by mad scientists trying to ressurect the black plague
<aslhk> because they thought it was sentient!
<alcar> lol
<alcar> "But ... but ....it's bubonic .... I thought everyone would grow boobs on their neck ... boobies are cute .. I like to squeeze them .. I never thought it would come to this" *mad scientist beings bawling his eyes out*
Quote 7354
<Melissa> "I .... maybe ..... I don't know! How did you get here?!"
<FennecGM> "I was just a VOLUNTEER from the AUDIENCE!!! Ohmigod, I don't know! Why do you look like that?!?"
<Melissa> "Look like what?"
<Melissa> (( :p ))
<FennecGM> "YOU'RE ABOUT THREE AND A HALF FEET TALL AND YOU HAVE WINGS!!! Is this another trick? Ohmigod... if this is another trick you are SO DEAD!!!"
<Melissa> "Oh.... I forgot about .... "
* Melissa wills herself to normal height
<Melissa> 3#d100 .. .good bot?
<sparkie> Melissa 3#d100: 35 88 100 .. .good bot?
<Melissa> (( .... ))
<Melissa> (( that's a bad definition of the word good. ))
<FennecGM> lucky for you I'm not using all those rolls. :)
<Melissa> very :p
Quote 7355
<FennecGM> She blinks. "The last thing I remember? I just spent what seemed like a week in some sort of freakin' HAREM where they WEREN'T EVEN SPEAKING ENGLISH!!! THAT'S what I remember!!!"
<Melissa> "You .... what?"
* Melissa stares at Angeline. "... and before that?"
<FennecGM> She sighs. "I WANT AN EXPLANATION!"
<Melissa> "So do I! A fewe minutes ago you were trying to kidnap me and was a flight attendant who shouldn't even BE here!"
<FennecGM> "I'm going to sue. That's it. You'll be hearing from my LAWYER for doing me PERMANENT IRREVERSIBLE PSYCHOCOLOGICAL HARM!!!"
Quote 7356
<FennecGM> "What are you talking about?!?!? Melissa, this is INSANE!!!" She grabs you. "INSANE!!!"
* Melissa stands quickly, not wanting to be touched by the purple.
<FennecGM> well, there's a nontrivial amount of fabric intervening...
<Melissa> "You think *I* don't know that? I have fucking wings! Jesus Christ, we're in the 1850s because of some old lady, we have no idea how to get home and you just appear and no one knows why!"
<FennecGM> "What are you talking about?!?!?"
* Melissa tries to stand anyhow.
<FennecGM> She slumps down to the floor.
<Melissa> "I KNOW it's insane, but it's real and there is nothing we can do about it and I'm tired of people thinking I have answers or that it;'s all my fault because I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE EITHER!"
<FennecGM> "My God! I'll end up in the asylum at this rate!"
* Melissa stops herself from saying "you did" in the nick of time.
Quote 7357
* Melissa wills herself to glow green.
* Melissa explodes instead? :p
<FennecGM> Green sparks fly from your fingertips. =b
<FennecGM> (( failure insufficiently critical. ))
<FennecGM> "Erm. Can you do red, white, and blue? Maybe you could run a fireworks business."
* Melissa sighs. "No. Just green. It's my aura, and whatever magic I do is tied to it. I have no idea what that entails, since the person who was sort of teaching me had some accident, I think."
<Sandra`> (Just call me Jubilee. The worst mutant ever.)
<FennecGM> "You think?"
<Melissa> (( lol! yes :P ))
Quote 7358
<FennecGM> "Okay, okay, it's been lovely speaking with you ladies, I think I'm going to wander off now, and see if these drugs wear off before too long, and hope I don't get in too much trouble... you think I could use a phone, maybe?
* Melissa sighs.
<Melissa> :"Just don't tell people the future, okay?"
* Sandra` just smiles and nods to her.
<FennecGM> "Oh, it's a quality magic show you run, really it is... good night, thank you..."
<FennecGM> She scoots over to the door, pauses gratuitiously, and steps out.
* Melissa shakes her head.
<Melissa> "... I give it 10 minutes before some comes back screaming..."
<Sandra`> "Yeah... I'll go with 30."
<Melissa> "I don't even know if it is angeline, or if purple possesses people or something...." *looks rather tired* "I feel like we're in some race and we're all blindfolded."
<Sandra`> "Or we could all just be chasing after that cheese, but it's really just a deadbolt fastened to a car battery.."
* Melissa nods.
Quote 7359
<Sandra`> "Would purple be people then?"
<FennecGM> (( What's gold? :))
<FennecGM> (( We've actually had purple, blue, green, and yellow... maybe we need to invoke Orange and Red pretty soon. :))
<Melissa> (( Mel doesn't want more colours involved ;p 4 is bad enough :p ))
<FennecGM> RAINBOW WARRIORS OF THE APOCALYPES!
<FennecGM> er
<FennecGM> whatever
<Melissa> lol!
<Melissa> THAT would be cool :)
<Melissa> and mel can turn everyone into fairies for added effect!
<FennecGM> it was at least half your idea =)
Quote 7360
<Fennec> oh, you blew up the chicken, too
<alcar> lol! How? :p
<Fennec> don't worry, I'll see about getting you a spare
<Fennec> well, not YOU, but you(pl)...
<Fennec> by throwing it out the window.
<Fennec> maybe it was some ancestor guardian spirit come to protect you from evil
<Fennec> and you GRABBED IT BY THE NECK and threw it out the window?
<Fennec> you INGRATES.
<alcar> lol. Mel didn't :P
<alcar> and wouldn't have.
<alcar> but after it exploded she's not likely to trust another.
<Fennec> if YOU were thrown out a window like that, don't you think YOU would explode?
<alcar> not literally :p
<Fennec> d100 Melissa explodes.
<sparkie> Fennec d100: 87 Melissa explodes.
<Fennec> Boom!
<alcar> Oh, well, if you put it THAT way :p
Quote 7361
<Fennec> 01:35 <@Mary_jane`^> "You're changing the flowers."
<AlcarGM> stupid computer...
<Mary_jane`^> lol
<Mary_jane`^> fennec wants to see the game continue
<Mary_jane`^> he's so interested it's like a bad soap opera
* GeminiRai is too.
Quote 7362
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I don't want to talk about that part, okay?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Wow... You sure? You've never hid anything from me... We can talk about it, if you want."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Well, it's not often your damn cook threatens to kill you if you, quote, "try what your mother did". End quote."
<Mary_jane`^> "Your mother?"
<AlcarGM> Nora nods.
<Mary_jane`^> "Your mother did it too?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Did what?! I never DID anything to Jeeves!"
<Mary_jane`^> "That was going to be my next question."
* Mary_jane`^ gets wide eyed and gasps
<Mary_jane`^> "OH MY GOD!"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "WHAT?!"
<Mary_jane`^> "I think i know what your mom tried to do!"
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... you mean .... sex?"
<Mary_jane`^> "It makes so much sense! Your mom has to be a succubus too!"
<AlcarGM> Gabe stops, looks at both of you, then decides to just settle for being quiet :p
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... but I woulod have noticed if my mother wanted to eat people's souls!"
<Mary_jane`^> "No you wouldn't have, you didn't notice that YOU wanted to eat people's souls!"
Quote 7363
<AlcarGM> The gate is opened by Jeeves, in person, holding a uzi in one hand .. and still wearing the apron.
<Mary_jane`^> "You're late."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Only thing I could think of."
<Mary_jane`^> "They're gone... I scared them off with my muscle." Flexing
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "I got a tire, and a tacer..." He looks at you both, then Kiesha.. :"ANOTHER one?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, for future refferance, most of claw cable is ninja."
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, do you mind if we bring her in for some first aide?"
* Mary_jane`^ motions to her bleeding socket
<Mary_jane`^> "She's a werewolf."
<AlcarGM> Jeevesblinks at the ninja comment, then just nods. "I see. Well, I hope it's not contagious by blood then. Come in, girl."
Quote 7364
* Mary_jane`^ wraps Kiesha's eye
<Mary_jane`^> "How old are you?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha winces as you do so. "Eight. But I'm almost nine!"
Quote 7365
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, Luna... Yeah, she's a Moonchild."
<Mary_jane`^> "Hey, I think you're around gabe's age."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "Do I even want to know what that is?"
<Mary_jane`^> "No."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: "I see. And what are you," with a nod to you and Gabe.
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, Gabe is the fisher king, sort of the magical mayor of the city and I'm... not sure."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "She's the only hope the world has of not being destroyed some day soon," cheerfully.
<Mary_jane`^> "There's that..."
* Mary_jane`^ finishes up and follows Jeeves inside
<AlcarGM> Jeeves stops, looks at you, then says "Well.I shall not bother about updating my will then, shall I?" dryly
<Mary_jane`^> "Awww, You don't trust me?"
Quote 7366
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Luna's power was .. erratic. I grounded it. I didn't chain it, or her."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Liar! The moon is up and she's not glowing! I remember her glowing!"
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... okay. Hands up for who else wants to spank the werewolf?"
* Mary_jane`^ inhails deeply "Would you like to see if he's telling the truth?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I know he's lying!"
<Mary_jane`^> (( She's too young to understand a threat ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( A subtle threat that is ))
<GeminiRai> (( make your hand glow! ))
<AlcarGM> Gabe: I'm not lying. I'm not a magician and couldn't chain her. I *am* holding the power back so it comes back to her slowly and believe me I'd rather NOT be doing that becauseit bloody well hurts."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, that's a decent explenation. And Luna doesn't seem to object, right Luna?"
* Mary_jane`^ gives her an expectant look
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I want proof," angrily, in the pissed off "I'm wrong but I won't admit it" vernacular.
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I used to be a fish."
* Mary_jane`^ drops her jaw
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "I vote that for a yes."
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm sorry... WHERE exactly did that come from?"
Quote 7367
<Mary_jane`^> I could open my own asylum
<AlcarGM> yes :p
<Mary_jane`^> <AlcarGM> Kiesha: "I want proof," angrily, in the pissed off "I'm wrong but I won't admit it" vernacular.
<Mary_jane`^> <AlcarGM> Luna: "I used to be a fish."
<Mary_jane`^> THAT IS PROOF ENOUGH DAMNIT!
Quote 7368
<Mary_jane`^> I am so using that one of these days
<AlcarGM> which? :p
<Mary_jane`^> "I used to be a fish"
<Mary_jane`^> just...
<Mary_jane`^> In the middle of a conversation
<Mary_jane`^> probably nostalgia
<Mary_jane`^> =p
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 7369
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I am the wind upon the wave, the hawk above the cliff, the thorn beneath the rose.." in a dreamy voice
<Mary_jane`^> "Luna, what do you know about werewolves?"
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I am the hills where poets walk, I am the lure from beyond world's end, I am the spear that rears for blood, I am the tear the sun lets fall ..."
<Mary_jane`^> "She's gone..."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "I liek cheese," as if that settles the werewolf question.
Quote 7370
<Mary_jane`^> I hope luna never has kids =(
Quote 7371
<Mary_jane`^> "Luna, would you like some cheese?"
<AlcarGM> Jeeves puts tacos on the table, firmly. "Eat. Now. I'll get a first aid kit."
<AlcarGM> Luna nods. "Cheese. Cheese and lemniscate."
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm affraid I can only provide cheese, because I don't know what lemniscate is."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Infinity, as a sideways eight."
<AlcarGM> Luna: "Cheese is infinity. That's why cows are holy."
<AlcarGM> And with that,she begins eating.
<Mary_jane`^> "She is nuttier than a fruitcake."
Quote 7372
<GeminiRai> I kinda want to see the moon get better.
* alcar nods. And since she's nuts, she can't explain what happened.
<GeminiRai> Luna is cool.
<alcar> me too. Tho her insanity makes for fun :p
<GeminiRai> All she needs is a replacement, right? She'd probably still be insane, thanks to growing up as Luna, being chained up, and living in a spirit trap, but at least she might be more stable.
Quote 7373
<alcar> laywer npc chasing the party offering life insurance would be fun.....
<FirestormZero> lol
<FirestormZero> npc?
<FirestormZero> :)
<FirestormZero> PC with the party
<Aerdan> make it a monster.
<FirestormZero> who just watches dangerous things
<FirestormZero> that are happening
<Aerdan> at least then we can kill it.
<FirestormZero> lol
<alcar> Aerdan - it's a lawyter, Monster goes without saying ;P
Quote 7374
<GeminiRai> also I figured a regular bus wouldn't be able to do anything to a ninja.
* alcar doesn't see why not.
<aslhk> alcar, because ninjas are super337!
* alcar makes a note to rnu one over in fin de siecle.
<alcar> possibly a few times, just so they can be sure the ninja is dead/.
<GeminiRai> alcar, assuming the ninja doesn't feel like getting out of the way, he would just jump up into the air and plant his feet on the front of the bus, and adjust to the change in speed.
* alcar assumes that ninja get distracted, too.
<GeminiRai> possibly, but the same concept applies!
<alcar> Pretty girl walks by. "Hi!" Ninja who spent life in training and has never seen a prettty girl before. "uhmr ... *pant* *pant*" *gets hit by bus*
<alcar> pretty girl notches off scorecard and goes looking for more ninja
Quote 7375
<WarezBert> i think the next char i do for any campaign of yours alcar
<WarezBert> will be a megalomaniac that truly believes in the butterfly effect, or can actually deliver provable results based on that theory :)
<alcar> What's not to believe? :p "When I find the butterfly, I will rule the world!"
* WarezBert waggles his finger! who knows what vile and devious deed he just perpetrated! perhaps a tornado in colorado!
* alcar nods. A person who was the effect would rock.
<WarezBert> hehe
<WarezBert> the funnest thing would be dramatic fight scenes
* WarezBert picks up a piece of lint, and with a deliberate and careful motion, tears it in half. You go into shock!
<alcar> "Today, I discovered that everything is connected. Everything affects everything, sooner or later. We are one. There is no duality. No subject/object. All is subject. You are deluded if you think you are over there and I am over here. THIS IS THE TRUTH! Do you even THINK about what happens if you leave the toilet seat up or down? DO YOU?!"
<alcar> etc. :p
<WarezBert> we are all figments of an extremely ill drug addict.
<WarezBert> the real world has a provable god.
Quote 7376
<Fennec> ah well; I *have* come up with a grand old conspiracy, now, to explain what's going on...
<alcar> "It's all a dream."
<Fennec> nope... not-quite
* alcar chuckles. VR then :p
<Gemm> It's all a nightmarish reality show dream.
* alcar always did want to run a D&D game that turned out to be nothing more than virtual reality and pepper it with advertisements for companies and the like.
<Gemm> heh
<alcar> would be fun. Could be wildly inconsistent and still make sense.
Quote 7377
* alcar almost ran a game without you! :p
<Chaos`^> roflmao
<Chaos`^> how do you run without any players? ><
* alcar is not sure. But I could have!
Quote 7378
<Sandra`> "Were I younger I might have seen that as really cool. But right now... I dunno."
* Melissa turns back and nods. "I know. A few years ago it might have even been an adventure. Now it's just really strange and nothing makes sense at all."
<FennecGM> (( that's mostly because I run out of ideas and conscious thought capacity by the time sessions are over, but still! =b ))
<Melissa> (( :p ))
Quote 7379
<Sandra`> "I think I killed her. Not entirely sure. But the part of the train her and I were on sort of... exploded I believe."
* Melissa blinks. "What?!"
<Melissa> "But ... how?"
<Sandra`> "I, well that is, the blue man told to get rid of her. Or make her stop. One of the two."
<Melissa> "... stop doing what? What did you do?"
<Sandra`> "So, I ended up ripping up her comic books that she was reading. I guess that I finally thought that that was the source of her... power."
<Melissa> "... and that blew up a train?"
<FennecGM> (( just one or two cars... :))
<Melissa> (( heh ))
<Sandra`> "I dunno. I sort of blanked out after that."
<FennecGM> what? you didn't black out, you just cruised along to the mansion. you missed the bus, so you had to walk, and got their late. =b
<Melissa> lol.
<Melissa> Sandra needs a teleprompt? :p
<FennecGM> she sure could use one ;)
<Sandra`> =P
<FennecGM> well, you know what they say
<FennecGM> about memory being 90% made up after the fact :)
Quote 7380
<Melissa> "So much for that idea . . . " *sighs* :"I wish I knew where Miss C. was. And how Adam left her place. She at least knew something about magic."
<Sandra`> "What idea?"
<Melissa> "That your aura meant you could do a kind of magic, or could learn it, or was infused by it or something." *shrugs* "It was just a guess. It would have explained a bit, which is probably why it didn't pan out," wryly.
<Sandra`> "What are you talking about?"
* Melissa blinks, puzzled for a second. "What?"
<Sandra`> "You said aura."
<Sandra`> "And you're talking as if magic is real."
<Melissa> "I thought I meanted that earlier ...." *blinks* "I have .. wings. If that isn't magic.... "
<FennecGM> (( she has a pair of !$!$!$! fairy wings on her back, and she's "talking as if magic is real"? :))
<Sandra`> "Wings? Why haven't I noticed those before?"
<FennecGM> (( well, we MENTIONED them... ))
* Melissa 's jaw drops. "How couldn't you?"
<FennecGM> (( maybe it's dark... ))
Quote 7381
* Adam`^ knocks on the door
<FennecGM> d100 knock
<sparkie> FennecGM d100: 65 knock
* Melissa looks up, surprised, then goes over and opens the door a crack.
<FennecGM> (( Your knock is successful!!! =))
<FennecGM> It's the Grim Reaper.
<FennecGM> I mean, Adam`^.
<Adam`^> (( YES! I HAVE ELITE KNOCKING SKILLZ! ))
<Adam`^> (( SHHHH!!! ))
Quote 7382
* Melissa nods. "That makes sense ... damn it. We need to find someone to give us a run down about what all the auras do."
<Adam`^> "You could try the library. It never fails."
<Melissa> ".... they have libraries now?"
<Sandra`> "He's right. I've been told libraries are rather useful buildings."
<Adam`^> "Yeah... But I think right now they sort all the books by color."
<Sandra`> "That's where I met my current ex-fiance."
Quote 7383
<Adam`^> "Anyway, let's head to the library, they should be opening soon."
<Sandra`> "Ummm... no. I was trying to find the place myself earlier."
<Melissa> "Okay. How about we see if we get lucky about something at the library? Maybe someone knows Mr. Blue, or what the swirly thing is .... if not .. I have no idea."
<FennecGM> (( so she walks into a random investment firm and proceeds to interrogate one Mr. Ebeneezer Scrooge... ))
<Melissa> (( lol. Seriously? :p ))
<FennecGM> (( yeah ))
Quote 7384
<Adam`^> lolz
<Sandra`> I don't have mcu past experience. What with being a male and all.
<Melissa> better than Mel. It would never even have occured to her to try :p
<Adam`^> You gotta be like
<Adam`^> "C'mon, just tell us... A favor for a--favor."
Quote 7385
<FennecGM> He gulps. "The detective might help."
<Melissa> "Detective?"
<FennecGM> "On Baker Street. Holmes, I think."
<FennecGM> He glances at Melissa, then stares, blinking a few times as if realizing something.
<Melissa> "... Sherlock holmes....? You're saying SHERLOCK HOMES IS REAL?!"
<Melissa> (( probably not the expected response :p ))
<Iota> (i wish this discussion were ooc :D)
<FennecGM> He ignores the remark, apparently fixated by those ornamental structures attached to Melissa's back, somewhat puzzled.
* Melissa blinks..... then realizes there's not much she can say to recover from that.....
<FennecGM> "... What are you?!?!"
Quote 7386
<FennecGM> d100 swipecard
<sparkie> FennecGM d100: 45 swipecard
<Adam`^> I have to roll to swipe a card? =p
<Melissa> Do you HAVE a swipe card skill, punk? Huh? DO YOU?
<FennecGM> Adam`^- well, to tell you the truth, I forgot the BUSINESS card and the SECURITY DOOR reader could even be used together, so this is for me to make up my mind :)
Quote 7387
<Adam`^> "Show me an orb book."
<Sandra`> (Did you mean, "Show me a book, orb." ?)
<Sandra`> =P
<Adam`^> (( No, it's like a phone book, but with orbs ))
<Sandra`> (oh... well, weird.)
<Melissa> (( "Show me the Paginarum Fulvarum!" ))
<FennecGM> The orb blinks blue a few times, and goes dark.
* Adam`^ sighs
<Melissa> "Try the Paginarum Fulvarum."
<Adam`^> "The what?"
<Melissa> "Yellow pages."
<Adam`^> "Paginarum Fulvarum?"
* Adam`^ sighs
<Melissa> "Well, it's no more silly than orb book."
<Adam`^> "Show me Paginarum Fulvarum."
<FennecGM> The stars above you flicker and go out.
<Melissa> "... or ... maybe we offended it....."
<Adam`^> "We killed it, I think."
<Adam`^> "Maybe it doesn't understand latin."
Quote 7388
<Melissa> Sure, leave me to kill it via Sandman reference :p
<FennecGM> hmm?
<FennecGM> no, Sandra shut it down in the control room.
<FennecGM> She's trying to reboot into Windows.
<Melissa> .... into .. windows....
<Sandra`> heh... its true. =P
<Melissa> and I thought ADAM would do something bad :p
<Sandra`> lol
Quote 7389
<FennecGM> who grep -e blonde date ; cd ~ ; unzip ; touch ; strip ; finger ; mount
<FennecGM> ; gasp ; yes ; uptime ; unmount ; sleep
<FennecGM> -- Unix is a dirty operating system
Quote 7390
<FennecGM> Adam`^- you turn up some interesting things which seem to indicate that interesting files stored on a NFS fileshare that refuses to mount and that there are a couple of interesting binaries, including but not limited to...
<Melissa> (( it wants sex?! :p ))
<FennecGM> 'map', 'bloodybunn', 'losersore', 'freelance', 'oceans', and 'wet'
<Adam`^> (( A friend of mine used to tell me: If all else fails, crack the case and make sweet sweet love to com port 3 ))
<FennecGM> I name my fun executables after Sluggy Freelance plots. =b
* Melissa nods. Yeah., The bunn one was fun :p
Quote 7391
<AlcarGM> "Luna": "You made me inside. Your power, given to a MAN. There are some things that can never be forgiven. NEVER."
<AlcarGM> What are you doing? :p
<Mary_jane`^> "I did nothing to you."
* Mary_jane`^ is trying to stop her from stripping her mind
<AlcarGM> Luna: "You did. I smell her sin upon you, her crime. I ...." She blinks, then her eyes get wide. Her voice is suddenly young and scared. "no! I remember! Secrets. Secrets and lies!" And she is gone, as if she was never there at all, her last glance a look of complete terror of you.
<AlcarGM> Kiesha is curled up on the floor, whimpering and smelling of burnt fur.
* Mary_jane`^ just stands and blinks a few times
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head
<AlcarGM> OUtside you can hear controlled gunfire, and snarling.
<AlcarGM> Gabe's voice is little more than a croak. "What .... did you .... .. show her?"
* Mary_jane`^ sits down and runs her fingers through her hair, too frustrated to think rationally
Quote 7392
<Mary_jane`^> "What do you pay for power?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "H - humanity. Burns away. Only moon left... only wolf .... only freedom .. instict .... "
<Mary_jane`^> "Is it a price you're willing to pay?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha looka up, truth meeting truth, unable not to answer. "No," she says, her voice breaking.
<AlcarGM> The howls outside change, turning into snarls.
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "They'll kill me now," in a relieved tone.
* Mary_jane`^ stares into her eye(s)
<Mary_jane`^> "Why are you doing it, then?"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha smiles strangely. "For ... anything. Something ... meaning. Just .. .dead end school, dead end life..... was ... gun .. killing at our school, last year. No one ran. Everyone waited. They shot Herman. He said a word.. before he died.. "shoot" .... we would .. all have been him. I see my - my parents. White.. trash. See me becoming them. No hope .. no future .... moon .. anything better than that... but .... it would be all of me..."
Quote 7393
<Mary_jane`^> "You can be more than that, without selling your self."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "The .... power .... yours. Gift .... to change .... the moon .. only take more.... if you ... give more..... if you ..serve. It's ... old.... law. Binding."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha looks up at you, her eye distant, bitter. "Everyone sells themselves. That's how the world fucking works!"
<AlcarGM> Jeeves ducks his head inside the door, firing. "They're coming. Thirty left," tersely. "Nora can't keep a storm up forever, can she?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Not as much as you did."
<AlcarGM> err, firing back out the door :p
<Mary_jane`^> "No."
* Mary_jane`^ stands
<AlcarGM> Kiesha: "Didn't ... know. Do .. now. Can't .. .should .. but ... I can't . .damn you!"
<AlcarGM> Kiesha manages to stand, shaking. "WHY DID YOU GIVE ME HOPE YOU BITCH?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Jeeves, do me a favor."
<AlcarGM> Jeeves: 'Shoot her?:"
<Mary_jane`^> "Just take care of her... Knock her out if you have to, I'll take care of the rest, I took fenrir, thirty wolves are nothing."
<AlcarGM> Kiesha turns, almost too fast to follow. "Yes," she says, fiercely. Jeeves blinks, looking at her, then stops smiling.
* Mary_jane`^ walks out of the door
Quote 7394
<AlcarGM> Nora: "So ...." she looks, then starts laughing weakly. "This is .. absurd. What do we DO with them?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know... They will keep trying and healing..."
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "How ironic."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "You ... can't," from behind you, wheeling himself arround ruined trees slowly and carefully. "They've gone too far. If Kiesha hadn't taken a piece of your power, you'd never have got her out. They .. want this. They want power."
<Mary_jane`^> "So what do we do with them? We can't kill them."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "They'll .. .change back ... soon ... But .. no idea."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Call their parents to come pick them up? imagine having to explain tressspassing to mom and dad...."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Imagine .. having the ... power .. to kill .. mom and dad.. for angering ... you...."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Oh."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "That's disturbing."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah... not a good idea."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well... Werewolves... Werewolves... What do you do with werewolves."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "..... well, silver was a bust. Jeeves did that. They seem to get power from the moon and think like a hive mind .. " She shrugs.
* Mary_jane`^ yells in on them "Stop hurting yourselves, it's useless..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Resistance is futile."
<AlcarGM> The werewolves snarl angrily and hit the wall as one .... there's maybe a small crack, at best
Quote 7395
<Mary_jane`^> "It seems everyone wants us dead. I'm going to sleep, maybe I'll have a happy dream where no one wants my heart to stop beating."
* Mary_jane`^ walks back inside and looks around for kiesha
<AlcarGM> Gabe falls asleep in the chair halfway back to the house. Kiesha is on a couch, sleeping the sleep of the drugged :;p
<AlcarGM> nice, deep, restful.
* AlcarGM asumes you go to sleep so the scene can end? :p
* Mary_jane`^ carries her to a bedroom with a large bed, and sleeps next to her...
<AlcarGM> Nor spares the energy to poke her head in. "Lesbo cradle robber," cheerfully, on her way to bed.
<Mary_jane`^> OMG She is so dead in the morning
Quote 7396
<alcar> the idea of all those students milling around wanting to be shot because it's better than the future they see before them was damn disturbing. And dark :p
<Chaos`^> this is a pretty dark game though
<Chaos`^> i wish i could have saved them
<Chaos`^> but, i think i'd rather owe fenrir
<Chaos`^> because he and I have a common ground
* alcar nods. I never exepcted it to get as dark as kids wanting to be shot :p
Quote 7397
<Chaos`^> the only person I want to see dead right now
<Chaos`^> is the fate lol
<alcar> lol! Why? :)
<Chaos`^> 'cause she's NICE but she knows she can't die, unlike MIMIR
<Chaos`^> They're a study of contrast
* alcar laughs. There is a plot in waiting for her to be able to die and create new fates, if it ever comes about.
Quote 7398
<Mary_jane`^> "Ready?" To nora
<AlcarGM> Nora finishes and nods. "Yeah, but I bet you didn't study for the math test."
* Mary_jane`^ stands
<Mary_jane`^> "Math test? There's a test?"
* Mary_jane`^ walks out the door "When did I have time to studdy for the math test?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I got an email about it last night. Supposed to be some pop quiz thing."
<Mary_jane`^> "Great... Maybe jake can help me on the way to school, he's math so he can help..."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "Maybe the questioning will last through the class"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... he's math .... do I even want to know what that means?"
Quote 7399
<AlcarGM> Jacob is waiting across the road. Almost exactly where the werwolves and friends were skipping yesterday, but that's just a coinicidence. Really.
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "What did you do last night?"
<Mary_jane`^> it's a convergance of...
<Mary_jane`^> what are those power lines called?
<AlcarGM> ley lines.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Hi. Nice to see you're fine too. Is there some angel commandment about no small talk?"
<Mary_jane`^> yes, which is probably why nora's mom picked this spot for the house
<AlcarGM> it was built by Nora's grandfather :p
<Mary_jane`^> "Thou shalt not make friends."
<Mary_jane`^> who is probably the devil!
<AlcarGM> (( ...... no comment :p ))
Quote 7400
<Mary_jane`^> "Hi jake, how are you today?"
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "You could just Look and find out."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh my god he doesn't understand..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I think you're making her point here." She takes the corner quickly, whistling to herself. "I like green lights."
<AlcarGM> Jacob looks worried. "Something happened?"
* Mary_jane`^ shakes her head "Let's just go."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes, theres a math test today and i didnt study"
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "... and this is important?"
<Mary_jane`^> "My mom will kill me if I fail math!"
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "No, she won't."
<AlcarGM> he says in a rather ... final tone :p