A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 7101 to 7200

Quote 7101
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "If it hasn't replied maybe you're overreacting?"
* Mary_jane`^ stares the moon down, feeling silly
<Mary_jane`^> "No, i'm not overreacting, she has a problem with me. If she would just TELL ME then we could resolve it."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "There is no one there." He pauses. "At least, no one I saw."
<Mary_jane`^> "She's there, and she's angry at something. I'd fix it if I knew what it WAS." Toward the moon
<AlcarGM> Jacob just shrugs. "I have no idea, then."
<Mary_jane`^> "Shh, we're having a moment."
* Mary_jane`^ is staring the moon down
<AlcarGM> The angel stares at you, then says nothing :p
Quote 7102
<Mary_jane`^> "I know you can hear me. Come down here and say it to my face!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Whatever it is... If it helps... I'm sorry."
<Mary_jane`^> "I'd fix it, if I knew what your problem with me was."
* Mary_jane`^ will not give up easily
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "Maybe you better not do that," sounding a bit strained. "If the moon took you literally it would be noticed, and probably do horrible things to the weather."
<Mary_jane`^> "Bah, if the moon really does have magic she can send a personification or something."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I thought I saw a face, but are we sure it was the moon? If I had this magic, I wouldn't want anyone else to have it ..." *She grins* "I'd screen the moons calls."
Quote 7103
<AlcarGM> Jacob is waiting by the car, looking around casually. He spots both of you and nods. "Good morning."
<Mary_jane`^> "How do you know what kind of god damned day it is."
<Mary_jane`^> (( I got that from that movie ah... we were soldiers =p ))
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "I know it's not one God damned," simply. "Otherwise it would be raining fire, or barbecued pork."
* Mary_jane`^ looks up at the sky and gets in the car "Let's just go."
Quote 7104
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "God does NOT hate you," in a voice edged with strange harmonics. .
<Mary_jane`^> "How can you tell me God doesn't hate me? The world's about to end, the man that killed the devil is hunting me and he sends me the choir angel that can't even sing."
<AlcarGM> Jacob coughs, looking a bit embararassed. A few people look over, puzzled. "He does not. I am here, in His name, to aid you as best I can."
<Mary_jane`^> "We need to get to class."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "Mary Jane - " he hesitates, feeling for the words, then says slowly: "I am not powerful, by any angelic standard, but I will aid you with all the power I can bring to bear, and by any means I can manage. I will kill for you, if need be, and die to protect you." He takes a deep breath. "Fine. Classes. But .. please ...don't undervalue God in this. There is a plan, or at least a working."
<Mary_jane`^> "He thinks this is a joke, he's laughing at me right now, and rolling his little dice..." =p
<AlcarGM> lol
Quote 7105
<AlcarGM> Ralph is sitting up in the bed and rubbing his now-healed arm and grinning from ear to ear. "It was just in Godzilla meets Superman!"
<Mary_jane`^> "What are you getting at? Are you crazy?"
<AlcarGM> Ralph: "When Clark Kent gets this bug on monster island and is taken to Dr. Moreau who heals him so he can stop Godzilla from destroying Tokyo again!"
<AlcarGM> The nurse stares. Stares some more. Picks up his chart, looks at him, then says "What the fuck is going on?"
<AlcarGM> The other two nurses stare in shock at their boss.
* Mary_jane`^ shrus
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know."
<AlcarGM> Ralph just grins. "Godzilla healed me."
<AlcarGM> Jacob is standing in the corner of the room, looking very pale and tired but at least standing.
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, tell godzilla I said thanks. We have to get going."
Quote 7106
<AlcarGM> Nora: "So, what do we if - when something wierd happens?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Stay near me and use that super cop battling skill you have, except against the demon things."
<AlcarGM> Nora rolls her eyes. "I have mace."
<Mary_jane`^> "Mace doesn't work... unless it's a holy mace or a hammer like mjolnir. We need to get you a magical hammer."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... right. I'll put that on the grocery list, then."
<Mary_jane`^> "Make sure you get Mjolnir, I don't think anyone's using it right now."
<AlcarGM> (( you'd be surprised :p ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I'm sure my daddy can get it," sarcastically.
<AlcarGM> She calls home as you walk to the club. "Hi, daddy's answering machine. It's Nora, a liive questioning machine. Can I get THor's Hammer? I need it to kill demons. Thanks a bunch." She hangs up. "There," with a smirk.
Quote 7107
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I need to get home anyway. I have to check my mail, and see if mom and dad are going away tomorrow. If so, we can so a big sleepover at my place."
* Mary_jane`^ nods "Ok, but don't blame me when it gets attacked by a 30 foot robot monster from hell."
Quote 7108
* Mary_jane`^ looks at the clock "Shit I have to get going, bye!"
* Mary_jane`^ runs out the door =p
<AlcarGM> Your mother blinks. :"Excuse me?"
<AlcarGM> She follows you to the door. "What is so important that you have to miss breakfast?"
* Mary_jane`^ growls and grabs a piece of fruit
<Mary_jane`^> "My life!"
<AlcarGM> lol!
<AlcarGM> "What do you mean by that young lady?" your mom says as you dart past her out the door. "Mary Jane!"
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Anne: "Where *are* you going?"
<Mary_jane`^> "School!"
Quote 7109
<AlcarGM> Anne: "You're not THAT late," she says, as the bus goes down the street past the stop.
<AlcarGM> Jacob is accross the street, siting on the bench and you see him stand very quickly when you run out, then relax when nothing comes out after you :p
* Mary_jane`^ whines as she misses the bus
<AlcarGM> Anne: "If you'd stayed a moment, I was going to say I can drive you in today."
<Mary_jane`^> "How can I not be that late? I just missed my ride!"
<Mary_jane`^> "oh..."
<Mary_jane`^> "You could have told me that earlier!"
<AlcarGM> Anne: "And who IS that across the road? He was there when I got the paper at 5 in the morrning. Are you sure you don't have a stalker?"
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and goes back inside
<AlcarGM> (( Angel Arrested to Stalking Saviour of Known World. "He just kept following my daughter around," the concerned mother reported. "An angel indeed! Real angels have wings. I just wish my daughter's first stalker could have been someone who didn't have mental problems." ))
<Mary_jane`^> "No, we goto school together, I told him I'd meet him at our stop this morning. He's a morning person, don't ask."
Quote 7110
<AlcarGM> Sal: "I'll be out in a few minutes," sullenly
* Mary_jane`^ nods
* Mary_jane`^ steps outside of his door and waits
<AlcarGM> you close it, I hope :p
<Mary_jane`^> hell no
<AlcarGM> Sal: "Close the door!"
<AlcarGM> He looks like he's about to cry :)
* Mary_jane`^ grumbles and closes the door
<Mary_jane`^> damn brothers
<Mary_jane`^> i never knew they were so hard to deal with or I would have been easier on my sisters =p
Quote 7111
<AlcarGM> Biology is boring, with Mrs. Thompson going on about how humans are a virus and should be eradicated and that the reign of terrorism humans have caused ot the ecosystem is about to end. She actually breaks her yardstick on her desk while emphasizing a point. The general boreed consensus is she forgot to take her meds.
<AlcarGM> (( The Gm secretly wonders if Mrs. Thompson should find out about the saving the world stuff and put MJ on indefinitely 24 hour detention so the world cannot be saved. ))
Quote 7112
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I think your brother was born weird."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, but this is just... strange.. Anyway, I did ask him, he told me to leave."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "We were entering his room without asking." He hestiates, then says, "Well, the room was weird. I've been in tombs that smelled fresher."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "So we need face masks?" half-jokingly.
<Mary_jane`^> "Maybe he's a vampires!"
<AlcarGM> (( lol ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... but vampires aren't fat.:"
<Mary_jane`^> "No, jake made it smell new car fresh."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, they are, if they eat alot of people."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I never thought of that. Vampire bloat."
Quote 7113
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't talk back and meets Luna and Nora "Ready?"
<AlcarGM> Luna nods, a bit hesitant.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Sure. My car?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Good, this is going to be great!"
* Mary_jane`^ nods
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, let's make it quick too."
<AlcarGM> Nora grins. Jacob, for a moment, is actually glad he's not going.
* Mary_jane`^ goes to the car, for the first time in a long time without an angel watching her back
* Mary_jane`^ is only slightly grateful
<AlcarGM> You reach your house in record time, even for Nora. Luna spends the while trip looking as pale as the moon and horrified. She's shaking a bit when she gets out in your driveway, her eyes wide. "Do you .. normally ..drive like that?" she manages.
<AlcarGM> Nora nods. "It would have been quicker if not for the red lights."
<AlcarGM> Luna just nods, repressing the urge to lose lunch in your bushes.
<Mary_jane`^> "You ran through them all."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "But they were there."
<Mary_jane`^> (( red lights slow time lol ))
Quote 7114
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, good, Jacob has your notes, you should look them over before you get to class if you have any questions for him."
<AlcarGM> Luna grabs them without looking. It's a *sheaf* of papers, a good 30 pages. For each of you.
<AlcarGM> Nora looks at the pages, then Jacob. "Uh. Thanks?"
<AlcarGM> Luna hurries past you to class
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah, good, he wrote a script."
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, see you after school, then."
* Mary_jane`^ looks over the papers
<AlcarGM> It's every single conversation he heard in the class, and the teacher's notes. And sounds heard. All in an elegant copperplate hand, very neat and precise, with calligraphy for new sections and everything.
<AlcarGM> (( angry angel, who? ))
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Okay.... should I read this or frame it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Ah good, looks like Mindy failed her pregnancy test last night.. And Jerold is affraid he's the father... I love highschool."
Quote 7115
<AlcarGM> And, as you're knocking on her door, finally says "What did you find in your brothers room?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, first we went inside, and it was dark and smelled of new car, it was ofcourse locked."
<AlcarGM> Jacob stares at you. And waits.
<Mary_jane`^> "Nora managed to pick the lock and there was no chain this time. We went inside and I checked for Sal while Nora and Luna looked around for something important. If ound five pieces of lint and a piece of hair that probably belonged to his girlfriend at one point except he didn't have a girlf riend so I'm not sure where it's from too long to be his."
<AlcarGM> (( very nice :P ))
<Mary_jane`^> "His closet was full of computer parts, mostly green and metal, and there were chips on them..."
<AlcarGM> The angel doesn't react other than to wait. He seems impervious to your sarcasm :)
<Mary_jane`^> "I think there were a few small ones and some big ones, but I couldn't count them that fast."
<Mary_jane`^> "up on the shelf were some clothes that used to fit him but don't anymore, and it's a long story so I won't bother you with the rest."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "I see."
Quote 7116
<AlcarGM> He turns and glares at you. "What, that you like invading my privacy?"
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs "You go into my room all the time."
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, You're going to Phil's tomorow with me."
<AlcarGM> Sal: "I had it locked for a reason!" He's very angry ... and afraid, but you're not sure why.
<AlcarGM> Sal: "You -" he blinks. Stares at you. "What?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I said you're going with me tomorow."
<AlcarGM> Sal: "Fuck you."
<Mary_jane`^> "You don't want to go?"
Quote 7117
* Mary_jane`^ looks at it and sighs "I hope Luna will be ok."
<AlcarGM> Nora opens the gate and pulls into one of the three garages and parks her car. "I hope she is sane, myself. What kind of father does she have?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Sounds like a pretty mean one."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "At the very least."
<Mary_jane`^> "I mean, she has terrible memory, she uses the same excuse every day... Something's up with them. I'll ask her about it tomorow, if she shows up."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Might want to be careful. What if you break her mind or something?"
<AlcarGM> You wander through the back garden. Or one of the gardens, at least. Even for late fal at least 3/4 of the plants are in bloom, the lawn is freshly mowed and the whole are has a kind of immaculate propriety without being forced or too noticable. It's nice, without being jarring or overkill.
<Mary_jane`^> "Break her mind just by asking questions. You can't do that!"
<Mary_jane`^> (( I only wish it were true =( ))
Quote 7118
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, we'll worry about it when we break her mind, which isn't going to happen."
Quote 7119
<Mary_jane`^> "Perhaps it's werewolves"
<AlcarGM> And then you spot something ... grey .. .going over the walls in the disance. Quick flowing movements.. at least 20 shapes.
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I don't have any silver. Well, besides my letter opener, and it's not like I'd stab them in the eyes with it."
<AlcarGM> (( :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( LoL ))
Quote 7120
* Mary_jane`^ walks through the puddles of water still raining down on her and grabs her sheath
<AlcarGM> It's raining down from a sky new-filled with sullen stormclouds. The ground is drenched in wate,r the sprinkler system trashed and your sheath is cut up and gnawed, but stil servicable. Tho a werewolf widdled on it :p
Quote 7121
<Mary_jane`^> A demon with Mjolnir would be pretty uber
<AlcarGM> yes :P
<Mary_jane`^> but this is an epic campaign anyway
<Mary_jane`^> so it'll be fun =p
<Mary_jane`^> I can see her walking around with the hammer strapped to her back
<AlcarGM> Nora: "It's ... performance art?"
<Mary_jane`^> It's like a trio pack of heros straight out of a manga
<AlcarGM> lol! good :)
Quote 7122
<AlcarGM> She hugs you tightly, then finally lets go. "How .. how do you deal with it?"
* Mary_jane`^ wraps an arm around her shoulder
<Mary_jane`^> "I... I thought it was a dream at first, then I slowly came to realize it was real. By that time I was used to it."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "It's hard knowing that you have some power that's supposed to save the world. I mean, what happens if you die? Will the world end?"
<AlcarGM> Jacob says nothing to that, just watches both of you.
* Mary_jane`^ notices she has a nasty gash in her arm, and pokes at it
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I guess you just ... try not to think of it?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I think I'm going slowly insane."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "... what?
* Mary_jane`^ smiles "We can go insane together."
<Mary_jane`^> "It was a joke..."
Quote 7123
<Mary_jane`^> "It makes it harder when you try not to think about it."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "But I could have killed them... and . .they were just children!"
<Mary_jane`^> "You have to grab onto it and try to control it, otherwise when you need it most, it'll only fight you."
* Mary_jane`^ nods "I could have as well... But we both turned out ok and the kids are fine."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "What about next time?"
* Mary_jane`^ sighs "The only thing you can do is live and go with the flow. You can't change it, but you can shift it."
Quote 7124
* JoeHardy looks at the goo... description?
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "Since coming to this world I have done things I never knew I could and been things my Creator never made me to be. I do not know how I will be judged when I return, only that I do what I must here, and now. Being human is making choices, and living and dealing with the consequences. It's about judging, and standing up for what is right no matter what is costs you."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I .. don't know if I can do that. Kill someone. It's ... wrong. How can we do right by doing wrong?"
<Mary_jane`^> "You have to ask yourself where you stand and if you're willing to sell your soul to save everyone else's."
Quote 7125
<AlcarGM> (( and .. how much time od you have? Want to end it here? ))
<Mary_jane`^> I have all night, nothing in the morning.. I have to meet someone online at 9 but... I think i can manage ;D
<AlcarGM> lol. K.
* Mary_jane`^ is going to regret it in the morning
<AlcarGM> (( we can end how, if you want to. ))
<Mary_jane`^> no
<Mary_jane`^> I didn't say I regret it now
<Mary_jane`^> I said I"ll regret it in the morning
<AlcarGM> (( heh ))
Quote 7126
<Mary_jane`^> "You remember that whole magic conversation we had last time?"
<AlcarGM> Uncle Phil nods slowly.
<Mary_jane`^> "You see... There's this angel, you know from heaven?"
<AlcarGM> Uncle Phil: "An angel. All right. You're saying an angel is ..what ... fixing clothing?" sarcastically
<Mary_jane`^> "He was just now."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "Had it broken, had it just fallen apart, his sharme would have overcome even his courage. He came here, certain he would fail, and he tried. That was more courage than I've seen in most people."
<AlcarGM> Phil frowns at Jake, then looks at you. "He's your angel then, huh?"
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<Mary_jane`^> "You said it, not me."
Quote 7127
* Mitch` shrugs, "ahh.. let's just walk around the general area, for now, at least."
<Mitch`> "What's the worst that could happen?" *DUN DUN DUN*
Quote 7128
<AudreyIII> (( since when do superhero costumes have pockets? Isnt that against the rules? ))
* Mitch` is Mitch! He makes his own rules!
Quote 7129
<AlcarGM> Darren: "So ... you have a fan club?" with a wicked grin.
* Mitch` finds a nice spot NEXT TO THE WINDOW
<Mitch`> ((YOU EVEN STEAL MY REAL LIFE >:E ))
<AudreyIII> (( watch, as a car crashes in! ))
<Mitch`> "Eh.. everyone does. Some people just get asked for autographs."
<AlcarGM> (( *bows* ))
Quote 7130
<AlcarGM> Darren: "Huh? Yeah. It's just getting weird. It's quiet, no big villains around." He shrugs. "And there's an angel that wants to kill you. OI can just see the press if we fight it out with an angel."
<Mitch`> "Hey.. who said he was an angel, anyway?"
<AlcarGM> Darren: "Well, he did...."
* Mitch` angrily bites into his mcburger
<Mitch`> "Is that good enough?"
<AlcarGM> Darren: "Well, he glows and has wings. If I saw it on TV I'd say it was an angel. Well, aside from the shotgun."
<Mitch`> "If Heaven's got some kinda problem with me, it can hit me with lightning right now and settle at that. I don't like being bugged by people who say they're angels."
* Mitch` thinks about that a moment.. and slides his chair away from the window a couple inches. :P
Quote 7131
<AlcarGM> A few people get on the bus, spot you, and get right back off :P
<AlcarGM> A few people see you as the bus goes by and point, some looking surprised or interested. A few japanese tourists take pictures.
<AudreyIII> (( hehe, on the upside, I'm keeping to bus from getting overcrowded. :P ))
<AudreyIII> (( oh man, you just had to mention japanese tourists... *fantasizes about giant monster rampages...* ))
<AudreyIII> (( I miss UH. :P ))
Quote 7132
<Johnny> "Anyways, Dex, what the heck does the Captain want, anyhow?"
<Eliza> "I think he eats fingers, personally."
<AlcarGM> Dexter shrugs. <Fingers.... that would be odd. You could get chicken fingers I guess.> He walks over and frowns at the rabbit. <Hmm. Wow. It's angry. Really angry. And something about ..... uhm...> Dexter stares at the rabbit. <Okay. Something was lost in translation there.>
* Johnny quirks an eyebrow
<AlcarGM> Dexter: <Something about skulls and birdhouses and saying its name.> He shrugs. <Makes no sense to me.>
<Johnny> "What does it want to be called?"
<AlcarGM> Dexter: <I think it likes the captain, but it wants to be called that a lot? it's really angry.>
* Eliza readies parasol for potential defensive action.
<AlcarGM> (( *snickers* ))
Quote 7133
* Mitch` picks up the tray n stuff, putting it all in its proper place as he opens the door for Darren, "Its too bad Wayne didn't get a cell phone. We could just call him."
<AlcarGM> Darren nods. "Maybe he's in the phone book?" dryly
<Mitch`> "Worth a try!"
<AlcarGM> Darren: "I was kidding.."
* Mitch` heads for the nearest phone booth, weighing the humor of emerging as his normal self ;p
<AudreyIII> (( Bruce, Wayne. Address: Bruce Manor. Phone number: Turn on giant light. ))
<Mitch`> "You never know, man. We might find leads, on the way."
Quote 7134
<Johnny> "You wanna go?"
<Eliza> "I'll go!" <get out of this place, the architecture is horrible and the furnishings inadequate>
<AlcarGM> Dexter shrugs. <Sure. You want to bring The Captain along?"
<Eliza> "Uhh, I fear for the safety of my delicate little fingers."
<Johnny> (What are you talking about? its like a giant purple Hawaiian mish mash.... with too many couches :P)
Quote 7135
<AudreyIII> "I think you're a little confused about how vengeance works..."
<AlcarGM> Wayne steps over the bodies of the muggers, who are going to need serious hospital treatment soon* and starts to look angry. "This is preemptive vengeance, so they do not kil your parents!: wildly
<AlcarGM> * "Hi! My name is Wayne, and I'm the reason they added wheelchair access to Arkham"
Quote 7136
<AlcarGM> Wayne: "You try and trap me! I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE!"
* Mitch` believes that is all the BETTER! :P
<AlcarGM> Dexter: <That's it. I've had enough of that word.>
* Johnny holds his hands up, "look, no trap here."
<AlcarGM> Wayne: "You killed us once, you wil not kill us again! We Will have tits!"
* Johnny gives him the wierdest look ever
* Mitch` almost looses his concentration as he stares blankly at Wayne's words. ;p
* Eliza marches over. "Mr. Wayne, I don't know what your problem is but your behaviour is most unrefined. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Get a grrrip!"
<AlcarGM> Dexter: <That's much better,> in a satisfied tone.
Quote 7137
<AlcarGM> At that moment Wayne comes charing down the street towards your entire group, screaming "I will have vengenace on jay walkers and whoever cancelled baywatch!" in a mechanical voice.
<Eliza> "Beg pardon? What's baywatch?"
* Mitch` looks seriously displeased. >:E And runs towards Wayne with focused angar! :P
<AlcarGM> The cyborg wayne charges, having been programmed a bit too well by Magi :P
<AlcarGM> The rea Wayne (still stuck by johnny's grip): "SOmeone dares try and infere with my tits?!" wildly
<Mitch`> (( :P ))
<AlcarGM> Dexter falls over laughing :)
Quote 7138
<AlcarGM> Darren: "... did he try and hurt you?"
<Eliza> "No... I think he tried to send me to Hell."
<AlcarGM> Darren: ".... by killing you or opening a portal?"
* Eliza considers. "It could have been either."
<AlcarGM> Darren: "... great. Well, with luck he won't get a drop on us again." He rubs his neck. "Drop. Hah. Falling to cause a small crater isn't my idea of fun."
<Eliza> ... "you OK?"
<AlcarGM> Darren shrugs. "Cuts and bruises. I'll be okay. The farmers field is toast, though."
* Eliza ponders "is toast" for a few moments.
<AlcarGM> Darren doesn't notice. "Okay. I know what I can do .. what can you do?"
<Eliza> "Do? I run a flower shop. Ran a flower shop. Nice little shop, down in the arcade at the railway station..."
<AlcarGM> Darren: "Uhm... I meant.. power wise? Like.. the speed, the clothing.. what else?"
<Eliza> "I managed to get an excellent assistant; she was really quite handy... we did excellent business in poinsettias and ... Oh."
<Eliza> "Umm, I'm Not Entirely Sure."
Quote 7139
<AlcarGM> Mr Quirm goes to take the sword. "This WILL of course go on your record."
<Mary_jane`^> "Record of what? Is it like a music record? Are you writing a song about me? That's sooooo sweet!" And in true anime fasion... Hops up to him and gives him a large hug
<AlcarGM> Mr Quirm ignoes that.. and your hug (the latter rather surprising) and reaches for the sword.
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "She needs her sword," in the tone of voice that scrapes into you as if someone had begun digging out your heart with a dul spoon.
<AlcarGM> Mr Quirm ignores it entirely.
<AlcarGM> Jacob blinks, his jaw dropping.
<Fennec> (( it's a matter of national security ))
* Mary_jane`^ backs up from him
<AlcarGM> You doing anything to try and prevent him? :P
<Mary_jane`^> "Mr Quirm what's that on your face!?"
<AlcarGM> Mr. Quirm: "The sword, young lady," in a tone to brook no refusual, a tone even more powerful than the command of an angel, weighted with the awesome pettiness of bureaucracy!
Quote 7140
* Mary_jane`^ squeels "EEEEEEEE! WHAT IS THAT!!!" Grabbing attention
* Mary_jane`^ is pointing at Quirm's face
<AlcarGM> Oh, you have enough attention. The entire hallway is watching :)
<Mary_jane`^> "It's pulsing!"
* Mary_jane`^ cowers from him
<AlcarGM> Jacob frowns and golden flecks flare in blue eyes, The PA system springs to life. "Vice Principal Quirm, Vice Principal Quirm, please repoort to the Art Class to be used as a nude model."
<AlcarGM> Mr. Quirm blinks.
* Mary_jane`^ straightens
<AlcarGM> A vein in his forehead IS now pulsing and he turns a deep shade of purple.
<Fennec> (( omgwtf ))
<Mary_jane`^> "You do nude modeling?"
<AlcarGM> The hallway erupts in laughter as he storms off towards the office, completely forgetting you.
Quote 7141
<AlcarGM> Mrs. Thompon: "And, furthermore, if we look at the platypus in depth we realize that gender is entirely a construction of the mind. Boy, girl, man, woman. It's all things we invent. If you remove a woman's breasts due to cancer, is she less of a woman? Is gender really more than plumbing? Can we accept it's just artificial social constructs?"
<AlcarGM> (( she should be fired ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( She totally needs to be subjected to some stripping =p ))
Quote 7142
<AlcarGM> Mrs Thompson: "And furthermore, all men begin as women. The male begins asd the female, and the male never loses that, it just removes part of it and replaces that with a 8 inch penis and thinks that everyone is somehow going to be better because they can piss standing up. But if you remove the penis, like with garden shears, or a blow torch, do you remove the man? Is gender more than a dichotomy? Are we all really nothing more tham hermaphordites?"
Quote 7143
<AlcarGM> English, is, fortunately, more sane, as Mr Rootham begins his misconstruction of Hamlet into a postmodern story about how Hamlet could have easily dealth with his Oedipal complex bu having sex with his mother and that a REAL psychologist, upon being told that someone had monsters under the bed, would hand them a bat instead of saying the monsters weren't real since monster are real.
Quote 7144
<AlcarGM> Once inside you get food, and water. Luna asks what is going on.
* Mary_jane`^ taps on the table thin lipped "Ok..."
<Mary_jane`^> "So... Hmm... How do I say this..."
<Mary_jane`^> "You know all about magic, right?"
<AlcarGM> Luna blinks; "You mean sex?"
<AlcarGM> Nora snickers
Quote 7145
* Mary_jane`^ walks down the street looking around
<AlcarGM> Looking for anything, or doing anything?
* Mary_jane`^ is moping
<Mary_jane`^> sure, a man with a limp if I find anything, but other than that, no
<AlcarGM> You see the street. A woman out walking her dog, a man and his daughter out for a noonday stroll, an ole homeless man begging for spare change, a few mas-produced business people in straightjacket uniforms walking and talking, the bright like of money in thier eyes replacing their souls. The usual.
* Mary_jane`^ tosses change at the begger and ignores the others
* Mary_jane`^ goes somewhere quiet
<AlcarGM> The beggar catches it with a gap-toothed grin. "Keep two pennies for the eyes," he says cheerfully.
Quote 7146
* Mary_jane`^ goes in and looks through the non fiction books for some old looking tome hidden in all libraries
<AlcarGM> (( So You Want to Be A Wizard? :P ))
<AlcarGM> (( is tempting.. :) ))
<AlcarGM> (( could do a lot with Duane, except for the lone Enemy bit. ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( That's actually a fiction book, good one too ))
* Mary_jane`^ was hpoing for a title more subtle and with more information
<AlcarGM> You wander through stacks of books gathering dust, the forgotten dinosaurs of the modern age. Most of them hardbacks, the kind of books sold that graviate to libraries like copies of Finnegans Wake to bookshelves, never to be read.
* Mary_jane`^ looks for any book that shows magic at all
<Mary_jane`^> (( not the necronomicon ))
<AlcarGM> (( awwww :P ))
Quote 7147
<AlcarGM> An old woman is browsing the shelves as well, more layers of clothing than person, coloured like a tatterdemalion, or a gypsy. She looks up at you, then clucks her tongue disaprovingly. "Looking for magic, are you girly?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Mmm... Do you know where I can find some information on it?"
<AlcarGM> She shrugs. "The fisher king, if any, but you seek him, eh? I can see it. Can smell it, even. We are his people, we without homes. We're the city, some say. Dunno about that, but I feel him." She taps her forehead. "not here." then her heart. "but here. In the centre of things. Poor lad. Too young for his destiny, but aren't we all?"
* Mary_jane`^ sighs "So he could tell me?"
<AlcarGM> She nods. "If any can. He knows secrets, and what the only secret magicians seek is." She smiles, a bit sadly. :"Sometimes it's better to have a dream than to achieve it. Magic is like it. I used to be famous, then I was old, and used up, and forgotten. Magic uses us, no matter what the kind. It fills holes in the soul, and takes too much."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm expected to use it... It's my fate."
<AlcarGM> She laughs, a little sadly. "Then run. No one should have to do what their fate tells them.We all have room to move, I think, otherwise what's the damn point, eh?"
<Mary_jane`^> "My fate is to save the world. If I run then I risk everyone else's."
<AlcarGM> "Oh." she blinks. "Well. I'm not sure what to say to that, only that I think the world is always being saved, by luck, and change, and design. There's more to the world, as the old bard said. I wish you well. And if you do save it, let me know."
<Mary_jane`^> "What was your name?"
<AlcarGM> She blinks, then shrugs. "I don't know anymore. I gave it away, or lost it, or put on a new one. The ilent movies, though, I was in them. I was star," wistlfully. "But all lights burn out, and they just go and light new ones instead."
Quote 7148
<Mary_jane`^> "Can you show me to the fisher king?"
<AlcarGM> She shakes her head. "I don't know where he is, myself. Wish I did. Been over five years since we've seen him around. Oh, there's stories. Maybe he died, but there'd be a new one. Somewhere."
<AlcarGM> "If you want to find him, just follow your heart."
* Mary_jane`^ breaths deep and nods
<AlcarGM> (( now how useless is that, on a scale of one to ten? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I dunno... we'll see ))
Quote 7149
* Mary_jane`^ looks up at the appartments, and at the buttons
* Mary_jane`^ pushes...
<Mary_jane`^> 1d100
<sparkie> Mary_jane`^ 1d100: 95
* Mary_jane`^ pushes appt# 95
<AlcarGM> lol! NIce ;)
<AlcarGM> (( but it's not 333! ))
<AlcarGM> A woman's voice answers. "Hello?"
* Mary_jane`^ is taken aback
<Mary_jane`^> The fisher king is a queen? =p
<AlcarGM> (( yes, the fisher king is a mtf transsexual! well, no. Tho it was tempting :P ))
Quote 7150
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm looking for the fisher king, is he in there?"
<AlcarGM> There is a period of silence, then "May I ask who is calling?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Mary Jane."
<AlcarGM> "And may I ask what is calling?"
* Mary_jane`^ thinks
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm not sure."
<AlcarGM> (( "The savior of the known world, you biatch!" ... or .. not ... :p ))
<AlcarGM> Pause, then "I ... see. Why aren't you sure?"
<AlcarGM> (( wonders if the woman is really one of those internet psychology bots ;P ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Well, that's part of why I'm here... I'm supposed to save the world with some power I don't even know."
<Mary_jane`^> (( LoL! ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I had an arguement with one of those for like an hour when i was really bored ))
<AlcarGM> (( Did you win? :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( No. ))
Quote 7151
<AlcarGM> A young man comes of a bedrom into a rather spartan living room. He's around 9 or 10, it's hard to tell, and in a wheelchair. he uses it easily, as if he has for sometime, and his legs are thin and wasted. Its his eyes that get you, the brown of the earth and filled with a quiet, unspoken compassion and something one might label wisdom.
<Mary_jane`^> "Are you The Fisher King?"
<AlcarGM> The boy blinks, looking surprised. "You don't know?"
Quote 7152
* Mary_jane`^ looks out the window "For all I know you could be another vampire luring me into a blood trap."
<AlcarGM> (( making the fisher king into a vampir.... I shudder to think of what that would do to a city :p ))
<AlcarGM> (( mactually, in retrospect it could explain LA ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( HAHAHAHA!! ))
Quote 7153
<Aerdan> . o O (Good god...)
<Aerdan> . o O (alcar, if *all* 4ways sessions are this long, I'm not getting involved. :P)
<Mary_jane`^> (( This isn't 4 ways ))
<AlcarGM> (( LOL Aerdan! Different game :p ))
Quote 7154
<Mary_jane`^> "Who or what is mars?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "War, of course." He looks surprised. "Don't you know even that?"
<AlcarGM> His mother: "Gabe!"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Sorry. That didn't come out well."
Quote 7155
<alcar> That was fun. I love throwing odd things into the mix. NOt only does hte pC have to save the world., but worry about accessibility issues for the final battle :p
Quote 7156
<Mel`> "No way out?"
<Adam`^> "I don't know, that's what I'm looking for now."
<Adam`^> "You're my flashlight though."
<Mel`> "I'm a what?"
<FennecGM> You're glowing.
<Mel`> green?
<Adam`^> "My flashlight."
<Mel`> "Fuck me, I've become tinkerbell," in a stunned voice.
<FennecGM> green, not blatantly green, but green-ish.
<Adam`^> "I can't... You're small..."
Quote 7157
<Adam`^> "Can't you wish yourself some clothes? It's really rather distracting."
<Mel`> "Clothing got me INTO this mess, and I'm not sure I could fly while wearing clothing."
* Adam`^ goes downstream
* Mel` tries to wish up a bikini :p
<Mel`> a green one. With flowers on it.
<FennecGM> d100 bikini, green, floral
<sparkie> FennecGM d100: 30 bikini, green, floral
<FennecGM> Poof.
* Mel` blinks. "Oh. That was ... oddly easy."
<Adam`^> "That actually... Makes it worse."
* Mel` waits for it to develop teeth and try yo eat her or something.
<Mel`> "Makes WHAT worse?"
<FennecGM> d100 teeth
<Adam`^> "The distraction."
<Mel`> (( .... ))
<sparkie> FennecGM d100: 47 teeth
<FennecGM> nope, no teeth. Not a one.
Quote 7158
<Mel`> "I think we're lost."
<Adam`^> "We're not lost, I am precisely where I intend to be."
<Mel`> "So, it's everything ELSE that's lost?"
Quote 7159
<FennecGM> (( Kindergarten. :-))
<Mel`> (( I knew that already :) ))
Quote 7160
<Fennec> you sure?
<FennecGM> "I'm more concerned what could happen if you didn't."
<misembodiedadam`^> "Luck."
<FennecGM> "Is the young lady superstitious?"
<misembodiedadam`^> "The concorde rides on luck."
<Mel`> Mel: "No. But I've read things. And there are worse things than destroying a world. There's everything, for a start."
<FennecGM> "An engine powered by superstition would be a sight indeed.
<misembodiedadam`^> "It goes far to fast to not ride on luck and not crash."
<Mel`> (( "It's powered by bad news" ... sooo tempting :P ))
Quote 7161
<alcar> So. Up for other game?
* Chaos`^ is now known as Mary_jane`^
<Mary_jane`^> No
* alcar is now known as AlcarGM
<AlcarGM> Okay.
Quote 7162
<Mary_jane`^> see, these are the kind of powerful people I like
<Mary_jane`^> the ones willing to share information and willing to admit weakness
<AlcarGM> yes :P
<AlcarGM> anfd the fisher kingsd aren't really that powerful, practically speaking. He's got the memories of ALL his decendants, which gives up a big advantage, but it's a lot of people, and a lot of meories, so it's not that practical :p
<Mary_jane`^> atleast he's not like peta for plants
<Mary_jane`^> like poison ivy from batman
Quote 7163
<AlcarGM> Gabe frowns at the hammer as Nora hands it to him gingerly, and grunts as it hits the ground. "Wow.. I can't ... even lift it.... Oh! It's .. Thor's right?"
<Mary_jane`^> "That's what we're thinking."
<Mary_jane`^> "Her dad got it for her but we're not sure how he found it."
<Mary_jane`^> "Do you know where it was seen last?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "Only warriors, or people pure of soul, can lift it." He rubs his arm. "No fisher king is. We take in the land, the good and the bad. It's the why of the limp, the ouward price for power ...." He trails off, then shakes his head. "No, but I do know you'd only have it here if Thor was dead"
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "..... that's not a good thing..."
<Mary_jane`^> "There you have it Nora, your daddy killed thor so that you could have his hammer."
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... that's insane! My father is a COO for a company, not a murderer!":
<Mary_jane`^> "I was kidding."
<Mary_jane`^> "He was probably already dead."
Quote 7164
<Mary_jane`^> "Are you... Hungry nora?"
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Huh? No." She looks alarmed. "Don't tell me this hamer did something to me...."
* Mary_jane`^ frowns and shakes her head "No... But the hammer chose you as it's new master."
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... and that's good?"
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "Better than Thor returning from the grave for his hammer."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Okay. That's good. Dead guy shambing aroiund saying :"Hammer.. hammmer .." would be disturbing.
Quote 7165
<Mary_jane`^> "Jacob, I will not let you boss me around, I'm going and that's final!"
<AlcarGM> Jacob stares at you ......
<AlcarGM> Nora: "You try that voice, Jake, and I swear to god I'll bash you on the head."
<AlcarGM> Jacob blinks. "I ... see. Mary Jane .. this is an affair of Heaven. I ... am charged to protect you, not to endanger you."
<Mary_jane`^> "Then I'm going to go endanger myself and you can come to my rescue."
<AlcarGM> Jacob stares at you for a long moment, then relaxes. "This is going to be a horrible report to Michael.... is there anyone else we can bring?"
<Mary_jane`^> "The vampires." With heavy sarcasm
<Mary_jane`^> "Besides, I need to practice this power to make it better."
<AlcarGM> jacob: "Suicide isn't a form of practise."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes it is... Most power awakens durring a great time of need."
Quote 7166
<Mary_jane`^> "I didn't want to say this infront of Jake, but... The reason the hammer picked you..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "is...?" slowly.
<AlcarGM> (( "A surprise! Hah! Got you!" .. or not :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Jake infused a power into your hand, it's like an uber life force.. It's the tree with life and resurection stampped on it."
<Mary_jane`^> "Then there's your other, hidden power... It's a contrast... It's hungry and... Dark."
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... fuck. Does that mean I .. I'm one of the enemy?"
* Mary_jane`^ hugs Nora "Ofcourse not.. Gabe said it himself, power is neutral, it's how it's used that makes it evil..."
Quote 7167
<AlcarGM> lessee. Demon? Check? Magical weapon? Check. Infused with Tree of Life? Check. Jacob? Screwed. :p
<AlcarGM> his report is going to be fun for the other angels for centuries :P
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "But it's not my fault! She didn't even HAVE any demon in her! The player and GM added that later!"
<Mary_jane`^> He can blame it on the lack of training they give the humming angels
<AlcarGM> lol! Yes :p
<Mary_jane`^> He'll just report to his boss, the conductor and let him tell michael =p
Quote 7168
<Mary_jane`^> "Your power is just geared toward something dark, but you don't have to use it that way... OK?"
<AlcarGM> Nora nods, but looks rather worried. "Okay.... but .. if I do .. .can you promise me somthing.....?"
* Mary_jane`^ looks at her, and nods
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Promise me you'll kill me, if it comes to that."
* Mary_jane`^ holds her tightly
<Mary_jane`^> "I... I can't promise you that but... But I'll do my best..."
<AlcarGM> Nora hugs you back and just nods. "Thank you.:"
<AlcarGM> (( Wow. This is a cheerful session :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Yeah... We're gunna go fight evil! ))
Quote 7169
<AlcarGM> (( Want to end here, with the PCs about to head out? ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( I have another half hour ;D ))
<AlcarGM> (( lol. k. ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Can we vanquish evil in a half hour? ))
<AlcarGM> (( we can begin, at least :P ))
Quote 7170
<alcar> Well. It was predictable, but fun anyway.
<Gemm> Or maybe it wasn't and you just couldn't tell.
<alcar> well, chaos expected Darelle to be sucked into the spirit trap :p So my subtle hints about it weren't that subtle ;)
<Gemm> I'm so glad I found this place all those years ago.
<Gemm> =P
Quote 7171
<Kendrick> ((Kendrick may be wide awake, but kentari is sleepy))
<Kendrick> (( :/ ))
Quote 7172
* Mary_jane`^ takes gabe to the bathroom to take a bath
<AlcarGM> Sal is in the kitchen, making something to eat. (sandwiches, if it matters). "MJ, I .... " he looks ... stares .... "uh .... " and says nothing as you go past. .oO(Okay. Sister looks like crap. Really weird guy does. And she just wheeled some kid who looks like be ran into a thornbush past the kitchen... do I want to know?)
<AlcarGM> (( and being a brother, of course the answer is yes :p ))
Quote 7173
<Mary_jane`^> "He's a friend, I'm not lieing about that."
<AlcarGM> Sal: "And he fell into a bush? How stupid do you think I am?"
<AlcarGM> (( Nora: "On a scale of one to ten....?" ))
<Mary_jane`^> "He's in a wheelchair Sal, he went downhill and hit a bush."
<AlcarGM> Sal: ".. so he doesn't have a home to go to?"
<AlcarGM> Nora looks at her water glass and Sal's head, then decides it's not worth it. "Mind if I take a shower upstairs, MJ?"
* Mary_jane`^ nods to her "Since when do you decide who can and who cannot come in the house?"
<AlcarGM> Sal: "I just want to know why, okay? It doesn't make sense. If you want to lie to me you could at least be creative."
* Mary_jane`^ clears her throat
<Mary_jane`^> "We found an evil house that was the home of an angel wrath that attacked us, she threw jake nora and gabe into a bush and I used my power of truth to purify her body."
<AlcarGM> Sal stares at you for a long moment, then laughs. "See? That's better."
Quote 7174
<Mary_jane`^> "Jake, take a shower."
<AlcarGM> Jacob blinks, then just nods and goes upstairs.
* Mary_jane`^ uses the downstairs shower
<AlcarGM> Your mother looks like she wants to ask something else, but instead goes into the bathroom gabe was in "Ah! Here's the windex," and goesback upstairs.
<Mary_jane`^> (( All this talk about showers reminds me I need to take one ))
<AlcarGM> (( lol ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( BBIAB, 20 min max... *cough* ))
<AlcarGM> Okay. You take a nice shower, tho the hot water begins to die after 10 minutes.
<AlcarGM> (( lol! ))
Quote 7175
<Mary_jane`^> That's the 2nd time that's happened
<AlcarGM> what has?
<Mary_jane`^> Everytime we rp taking a shower
<Mary_jane`^> I have to take one
<AlcarGM> heh
<Caltak> kinky.
* AlcarGM plots other events. .. so ... say ...... rping the rape of Barney.....
Quote 7176
<Mary_jane`^> "Any good wizards or witches around?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe nods. "I don't know about witches. Witching is inborn more than learned, unless it's changed a lot in the past two hundred years. The only good wizard around is probably Bliase, if he's not dead and actually is around."
<Mary_jane`^> "And how do we find him?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "He's the wizard who trained Merlin. Because he failed in teaching Merlin to overcome his demonic nature, he was cursed by God to wander the world until he makes it right. At least, that's what he told the fisher king back in about the 1500s." He shrugs. "Put an ad in the paper?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Now hiring, good wizard, 500 years experiance preffered, Good bennefits."
<AlcarGM> Gabe grins. "Seriously. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best one. Classified ad, or something. I know he actually missed the chance to defeat Merlin somehow around 1000 AD, because he was off in Australia or something like that. If he is around, he'll find it. The rest is up to him."
Quote 7177
<AlcarGM> You hear the sound of a cell phone hitting a wall and breaking :p
* Mary_jane`^ runs into the kitchen
<AlcarGM> Nora is glaring at the phone, which is in pieces. "Someone answered. And then hung up. And then, I called. Again. That makes it 23 times. And the line is disconnected."
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh... Maybe you should try your mom."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Oh." She looks at the phone. "Oh. Right. Could I use yours? I think mine is broken."
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs "I'm pretty sure it is... You know that was a good phone... I mean, it was expensive too... If you didn't want it... I would have taken it."
<AlcarGM> Nora takes a deep breath. "Sorry. It's just .. .I guess I'm more tired than I thought. And .... I'm not sure i really want an answer. I mean . .what if my father had Thor killed?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Thor defeated a room of giants. I'm pretty sure your father doesn't know any hitmen that can kill him."
Quote 7178
* Mary_jane`^ squeezes the blood out and breathes in deep, closing her eyes and envisioning spears from her first day... Spears in the sky... Made of Ice... Falling on the cars where their drivers are...
<AlcarGM> The sky burns overhead ,like by falling stars... red..... the colour of blood on the moon .... behind you, orange explosions light up the sky a few seconds later.
<Mary_jane`^> (( That backfired... ))
* Mary_jane`^ looks in her mirror to see if the cars are still there
<AlcarGM> They are definitely not there anymore :P
<Mary_jane`^> ...
<Mary_jane`^> I'm confused
<Mary_jane`^> please be more specific
<AlcarGM> the falling stars/spears blew them up.
<Mary_jane`^> oh...
* Mary_jane`^ didn't mean for COMETS to fall... Just like.. large pieces of hail... Damnit I overkilled AGAIN!
Quote 7179
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know... Gabe, how do we get back?"
<AlcarGM> Gabe sits up slowl, gasping for air. "Healed it..." His face is pale, a deaths mask lit by burning eyes. "I managed .... oh..." He blinks a few times. "Just .... think of pigeons....."
<AlcarGM> Nora: ".... pigeons.... what the hell?"
* Mary_jane`^ automatically thinks of pigeons, just by him saying it =p
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "City .. are the city. alive....." and you see a pigeon. Or perhaps it's an albatross . .for some reason, itr's also an eagle, and a raven . .and perhaps a phoenix... and the city returns, abruptly, as if someone stretched an elastic band too far and it snapped.
<AlcarGM> There is pigeon crap on the hood :P
<Mary_jane`^> "Awww... Nora I ruined your car!"
<AlcarGM> Considering all the ndnetations caused by the acid rain are *also* still there, you did :)
Quote 7180
* alcar snickers.
<alcar> I like evil dreams for pcs
<alcar> Hello, a voice says. it's nice to meet you Chaos`^. But you don't know any chaos, except the swirl of a mad dream and your thoughts. This is all a game, played by people to pass time. It's not real, the voice says, and this is a True Thing.
<alcar> fourth wall? What fourth wall.....
<aslhk> lol
<alcar> <Chaos`^> I don't play it to pass time
<alcar> <Chaos`^> it's an addiction
<aslhk> lol
<aslhk> pwned
Quote 7181
<AlcarGm> Nora drivs you back, muttering about how slow people drive and drops you both off at Phils. "And I'm getting you a cell phone, too, in case stuff hapens and you need to call someone."
<Mary_jane`^> "Uuhm... Ok.."
* Mary_jane`^ gets out and helps gabe out and goes inside
<AlcarGm> (( 911 . your one stop shop to.scare away the agents of King Arthur! ))
<AlcarGm> Phil is inside when you enter, currently sweeping the floor and muttering about parents and not being a daycare to himself.
<Mary_jane`^> (( I don't get it? ))
<Mary_jane`^> "Phil? How was your day?"
<AlcarGm> (( It might come up. Hard to have a secret war whne the ambulance ,police, and fire trucks are arriving :P ))
Quote 7182
<AlcarGm> Mrs. Thompson: "What would happen to the world if we dressed up all the girlslike boys, and the boys like girls? Or dressed everyone the same. Everyone gets jeans! and t shirts! And we abolish tuxedos, and dresses, and get rid of the notion that boys and girls are somehow intrisically differentr. Imagine it! At prom night, you could go by your instinct and interest and abolish socieital norms!
<AlcarGm> "Imagine a world where people could be who they wanted and love who they wanted! A world where people can be themselves, and not fit into slots and placeholders and we abolish definitions and everyone uses zir, or zie." She writes both of the blackboard, underlining them fiercely. "Imagine a world where you could be free to be real. A world of magic, because magic is about reality."
<AlcarGm> Nora : "Wow. She's snapped."
<AlcarGm> Ralph: "Yeah. I was told I missed her really weird lectures."
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, you did... She must have lost her pills.."
Quote 7183
<AlcarGm> mrs. Thompons scowls at the class.
<AlcarGm> "Magic is what science is about. We push back the boundaries of the unknown, but we always leaves pieces of it behind us, and we never solve anything. We can't. We are part of the mystery, after all. All magicians are male, regardless of gender. Thrusting into knowledge, trying to pierce the unknown, lost in the masurbation fantasy of themselves as a cosmic voyeur.
<AlcarGm> "And all they find the is the feminine, the female, the mystery at the heart of it all.
<AlcarGm> "There is a theory you mind find interesting. Women were created in God's image, because women can create. Men,on the other hand, were made in the Devil's, because they destroy, because their capacity for hatred outweighs their capacity to love.And women are attracted to men, because women are always attracted to evil, and the forbidden, and secrets.
<AlcarGm> "Women are a secret men will never crack. And women sre a myth they are trapped in, and will never understand."
<AlcarGm> .. .and, fortnuately, the bell rings :p
<AlcarGm> Nora: "... does that make sense to anybody?"
<AlcarGm> Nora grins. "I guess this means you're male, though."
<Mary_jane`^> "You too..."
<AlcarGm> Nora: "no way. I just use the hammer, not do spooky stuff."
Quote 7184
<alcar> but now your pc wil get to take a nice trip into the countryside!
* alcar ponders the road trip from hell.
<Chaos`^> nono, nora is driving so it will take half a day
<alcar> lol! Good point. Nora. Country roads.
<Chaos`^> lol!
* alcar is afraid for whatever you meet now.
<alcar> Tho it will give the Enemy a chance to really let loose ;)
Quote 7185
<AlcarGM> He looks surprised. "You want to talk?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Uhm... Yes?"
<AlcarGM> The man shrugs slightly. "About what?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Well.. Why are you following me, for one."
<AlcarGM> "Oh, that." The man resumes his lazy smile. "To kill you, of course."
Quote 7186
* Mary_jane`^ stands and looks at Jacob
<Mary_jane`^> "Hmm.. Where did you run off to?"
<AlcarGM> Jacob is just .... standing there, watching. "For a walk. I had to . . . think about things."
<Mary_jane`^> "And what did you come up with?"
<AlcarGM> Jacob meets your gaze. "Enough to see me through this." He blinks. "That is an ... interesting trick," in a suddenly strained voice. "I'd rather you didn't use it."
<AlcarGM> The power is still going through you .. no pain in the nexk now, but you're starting to feel tired.
<Mary_jane`^> "What trick?"
* Mary_jane`^ thinks and tries to release the power
<AlcarGM> Jacob smiles sadly. "I know I'm damned. I don't need to see it in your eyes, if you don't mind."
<AlcarGM> You let go ..definitely tired, but not dead. being not dead makes up for being tired, you think.
Quote 7187
* Mary_jane`^ blinks and frowns "What are you..."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "It's not your concern. The battle was over, and won, and we survived."
<Mary_jane`^> "No, what are you talking about, I have no idea what you mean you don't have to see it in my eyes. I couldn't tell you if you're damned or not, it's not my decision."
<AlcarGM> Jacob: "I created something that shouldn't have existed, and helped destroy another angel. Some things are ... beyond forgiveness. And yet, she gave me her power, her wrath., INsie, all this anger. It's rather..." He frowns "scary, actually. And I saw that, in your eyes. Truth. And truth hurts, most of the time."
<Mary_jane`^> "Every time she leaves she gives you something... She's quite the woman giving you gifts all the time."
Quote 7188
<Mary_jane`^> "Let's just go..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Where?"
<Mary_jane`^> "To the lake!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Oh wait... We were going to the spirit trap right? It can wait, I need a better weapon first... The last time... we got lucky."
<AlcarGM> Nora nods. "Definitely. And .. we have classes. ... oh, screw them. Saving the world is more fun."
Quote 7189
<AlcarGM> You should have stayed at autumnfest! I had ninjas!
* AlcarGM sobs
<alcar> Oh, well. They'll have to show up soon amyway.
Quote 7190
<alcar> Hrm. MJs truth talent is annoying. It makes the classic betrayal theme harder to accomplish :p
<Chaos`^> hahaha
<Chaos`^> She cannot be betrayed!
<alcar> well, it may happen anyway :p
<alcar> Just not in a way she suspects
<Chaos`^> nono
<alcar> eh?
<Chaos`^> IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BETRAY A WOMAN OF SUCH BEAUTY!
<alcar> lol!
<alcar> One word: Jealousy :p
Quote 7191
<Chaos`^> Look into those puppy dog eyez
<Chaos`^> no one can deny them!
<alcar> the puppy dog wants them back, though
<alcar> and it would be hard to do puppy dog eyes when MJ is showing people the truth about themselves through them :)
Quote 7192
<AlcarGm> And you're off. Let's see. If Nora is travelling at 60mph, and the Enemy is travelling at 55mph .. j/k
<Mary_jane`^> LoL! Nora, travel at 60MPH? Whatever
<AlcarGm> You stop at McBurgerland, and get something that is technically called food and probably doesn't have expiration dates.
<AlcarGm> (( is that, too :P Okay. 90 :) ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Getting closer... ))
Quote 7193
<AlcarGm> Nora: "Okay. Gabe., you're in the front so get the map from the glove compartment. You do the navigation stuff if I get lost or we end up on Mars or something." She looks back in the mirror. "You okay?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I WON'T SEND US TO MARS!"
<AlcarGm> Nora: "I hope not. We'd kind of die."
<AlcarGm> Jacob: "I don't need to breathe." He thinks about that. "I doubt that helps you though."
<AlcarGm> Nora: "I mean, someone tried to kill you. That would make ME feel weird."
<Mary_jane`^> "Wait wait... I can't send us to mars, that would make it too easy."
<AlcarGm> Gabe looks back at you. "... easy?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yeah, I have to put mars and the moon back together... If I could goto mars that would make it easy."
<AlcarGm> Nora: "That's symbolic .. .right? I mean, we're not actually going to try and bash mars into the moon?" with a smirk as she cuts off a taxi.
<Mary_jane`^> "We're not?"
Quote 7194
<Mary_jane`^> "Mars has nine moons, doesn't it?"
<AlcarGm> Nora: "I have no idea. I never paid attention in astrology, or whatever the class was."
<AlcarGm> Jacob: "I do hope you're joking."
<Mary_jane`^> "Maybe it's symbolic... Mars has given the moon nine other chances and each time she failed..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Or maybe it's the moon's nine lives, because the moon is a cat."
<AlcarGm> Jacob: "... Mars has two moons," slowly. "What do you do in school?"
<Mary_jane`^> "School?"
<AlcarGm> Jacob: "Never mind."
* Mary_jane`^ shrugs
<Mary_jane`^> "It still makes him a polygamist."
<AlcarGm> Jacob gives you a puzzled look. "Who?"
<Mary_jane`^> "MARS! Stay on topic."
<AlcarGm> Jacob: "..... it is a symbol," with a suspicious look, as if he thinks you're making fun of him.
<Mary_jane`^> "A symbol of polygamy."
Quote 7195
<Mary_jane`^> omg
<AlcarGm> eh?
<Mary_jane`^> Alcar don't forget this is anime style too I keep forgetting that =p
<AlcarGm> lol. Forget what, exactly?
<Mary_jane`^> that it's anime
<Mary_jane`^> You can never get too serious with anime
<AlcarGm> lol.
<Mary_jane`^> just not possible
Quote 7196
<AlcarGm> Nora: "Well, how about we sing along to, oh, the Beatles. Everyone knows the Beatles."
<AlcarGm> (( and as MJ sings "We all live in a yellow submarine" the car changes..... :p ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Damnit I was about to.. YOu ruined it! ))
<Mary_jane`^> (( Now I"ll sing strawberry fields ))
Quote 7197
<Mary_jane`^> MJ's mind, if anyone invades it, looks like a beach at sunrise, the sand is slightly wet and a small bonfire further up shore is lit, out in the ocean is the view of bouyes.
<AlcarGm> nice :)
<AlcarGm> but . .why do you think anyone would invade it?! :p
<Mary_jane`^> Yes
<Mary_jane`^> it fits her power nicely
<Mary_jane`^> now all we need is another pc
<AlcarGm> lol. For?
<Mary_jane`^> to invade her mind
<Mary_jane`^> so I can show off how much work I put into it!
<AlcarGm> lol.
Quote 7198
<alcar> So ... players ....
<alcar> WarezBert - you there?
<Caltak> PLAYAZ!
<alcar> chaos'll likely be late. Bali, well.....
<alcar> probably won't show :P
* alcar tosses the Shin plot based on aslhk and bali's pcs out the window and watches it crash to the ground.
* Caltak pisses on it.
<Caltak> speaking of which, brb real quick.
Quote 7199
<Caltak> You know, whenever I pictured #game1 as a physical place, I'd always imagine it as somebody's apartment, several stories up, with little to no furnishings at all.
<sparkie> With a fireplace, I hope.
<kentari> heh
<Caltak> With a small pile of broken crates or soemthing for Sparkie.
<kentari> Whenever I pictured #game1
<kentari> I thought of this strange, underwater city
<kentari> Where the geometry was.. all wrong..
<kentari> You could hear this strange, primitive chanting from deep within the cyclopean towers
<kentari> It was beyond normal hearing, though
<kentari> :D
Quote 7200
<AlcarGM> So. Currently, the PCs were under quarantine because of evil plot by the Artificer began over 20 sessions ago finally coming to light :p
<AlcarGM> And, last I recall, were plaing Go Fish :p