A page of IRC quotes. Proceed with caution.
Quotes 10201 to 10300

Quote 10201
<Syble> "What do you mean, a command?"
<Nigel> "Something made me kneel right in front of those... things. I'm just glad I was able to move in time or else I might have been in trouble."
<Syble> "Well maybe that someone didn't see you and stuff.. Maybe."
<Syble> "Right?"
<Nigel> "The timing was uncanny, though.... I'm pretty sure we have a problem on our hands."
<Syble> "I don't think you should think so. >:E"
<Syble> ((j/k :P))
<Syble> "Hands. Oh... you're terrible."
* Syble giggles.
<Nigel> "Ugh. That too."
Quote 10202
<Nigel> "The hand are... tricky to deal with, especially with gifts. Only the most powerful and ingenuitous can manage to trap or kill one with the use of gifts."
* Syble holds it and hefts it a moment, the tosses it up in the air with one hand and makes a karate chop motion with the other.
<Denna> "Well, you can't have JUST your gift. What did you spend the rest of your dice on?"
<Denna> -- j/k :P
<Sparkie> bribing me!
Quote 10203
<kentari> Irwin: Stablemaster
<kentari> Gift of Beast Mastery
<kentari> Weakness: Creatures of the Deep, especially stingrays
<Luciano`^> you're terrible
<AlcarGM> yes :p'
Quote 10204
<Nigel> "The Minteer house has always been in control of the metal trade in this city, in more ways than one."
* Nigel holds up his hands and all the jewelry on his hand rattles slightly
<Syble> (("You.. have the gift.. of jazz hands...?))
<Luciano`^> (( "A true gift indeed" ))
<AlcarGM> (( "Second only to that of Disco." ))
<Denna> "Yes, it's lovely..." *giggles*
<Denna> "I just had the thought of you in a dress. That's more stuff than most ladies have, I think."
Quote 10205
<Syble> ((laundry list? seriously. What is that? :P))
<Syble> ((I've heard the expression, but...)
<AlcarGM> (( it's like a grocery list. But someone made one for what laundry had to be done. ))
Quote 10206
<AlcarGm> And i don't want the game too far head of cal's pc. Who is going to meet you ... somehow.
<AlcarGm> Even if you have to run him over again :)
<AlcarGm> Which would work well really...
<Tass> awesomely, actually
<AlcarGm> yeah :)
<Tass> since he would have stayed the night
<Tass> "Oh... you again."
<Tass> duuuude
<Tass> that would be so freaking awesome :P
Quote 10207
<AlcarGm> you get a familiar feeling, the prickly watched-back one that's like an old friend...
<Luciano`^> what is this old friend's name?
<AlcarGm> :p
<AlcarGm> danger, will robinson!
Quote 10208
* Nigel just.... holds out his hand and uses all the money in the air, all the money he can reach, and just makes it into a violent storm of spining shrapnel... mostly in the crowded areas
* Syble stands slowly, tracing her arms in a pattern, her back to Nigel's back. :P
<AlcarGm> The last man standing drops his staff as it combusts, hears the screams from the others as the coins start bashing them and bolts donw an alley, screaming at the top of his lungs in fear.
<Nigel> "You WANT WEALTH!? REAP! REAP WHAT YOU SOW!"
<Syble> "I don't think they planted coins, Nigel..."
* Nigel just starts laughing. Man! I so wish Denna was here :P
<Syble> "That doesn't even make sense."
Quote 10209
<kentari> but seriously, tass
<kentari> There were these voices in the temple district.
<kentari> Sounds of people marching, and they were chanting
<kentari> "We, who are about to die, SALUTE YOU!"
<kentari> and then cheers and stuff
Quote 10210
<Nigel> "Yeah... The Inn would probably be best. Unless anyone wants to do some shopping?"
<AlcarGm> An old man, two kids whispering to each other and an alibino do NOT walk into a bar, because two of them are underage.
<Syble> "I've been wearing these clothes for a week now.. but I can go shopping later.. if we're still, you know, needing to keep moving we should keep moving."
<Luciano`^> "We're fine right here for now."
<Syble> "Plus I can't buy clothes with *you guys*"
<Nigel> "Its too open to be a problem."
* Syble looks at Luke and Nigel like they're the most awkward of shopping buddies. ;p
<Luciano`^> "We could leave you here alone, and let them pick off the young first?"
<Syble> "That is cruel!"
<Luciano`^> "It's honest. You can either shop now, or not."
* Syble frowns. "Fine! You can carry my stuff, then?"
* Syble smiles. :D
Quote 10211
* Syble looks inside the bag, checking.
* Syble looks up at Nigel.
<Syble> "This is totally gross!!"
<Syble> "You didn't say there was.. was.."
* Syble hastily takes the thing off of her belt, as if it were full of grenades.
* Syble holds it out at arms-length. "Let's just.. go back to the inn."
<Syble> "I need a bath."
<Syble> "... and so does my money."
* Syble makes a strange face.
Quote 10212
<AlcarGM> Only, well, it's not thunder...... there is a whistle of wind far above.... Nora's head snaps up, and there is an explosion of sound asnd firte, and the roof vaves in, floor shattering under you....
<AlcarGM> missiles :) Not the magic kind, too.
<Mary_jane`^> "Nice..."
<AlcarGM> Dragon wings wrap around you as a shield.
* Mary_jane`^ falls to the ground and begins writing, quickly, a ward around the house
Quote 10213
<AlcarGM> Max: "We need to find somewhere safe," his voice scratchy. "If they send more, it could get ugly."
<Mary_jane`^> "Follow me." Walking to the kitchen, in a very defensive stance
<AlcarGM> Tad plops down inside your head to catch his breath. "I cooked the clones: she'smelting tanks," as if this was normal. "Six of them."
<AlcarGM> The kitchen is.... well. It's pretty much in need of Magical Martha Stewart, who really should be some kind of anime special attack....
Quote 10214
<Mary_jane`^> "The last person to destroy this house... Will probably not like it when people start shooting at him..."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "What are ..... you ...." She *stares* at you. "Are you out of your fucking mind?!"
<Mary_jane`^> "I didn't say it was good, but it's all I got... Do you have a better idea?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I could blow up the city?"
Quote 10215
<Mary_jane`^> why... would there be.... people here?
<AlcarGM> You have no idea.....
<Mary_jane`^> and... sheep?
<AlcarGM> Dolly was cloned *really* well?
<Mary_jane`^> why would I populate Merlin's prison?
Quote 10216
<AlcarGM> You go for two hours before you come to a small house in the woods, pretty much a cross between a teepee and a log cabin. There's aline of what seems to be laundry - cursed animal hides - outside, and a woman is tending a garden. She's in her late teens and very, very pretty.
<Mary_jane`^> cursed animal hides?
<AlcarGM> Amy hunkers down. "Scent is inside."
<Mary_jane`^> "Looks like we found it."
<AlcarGM> err, cured :p
<AlcarGM> Though I doubt the animals feel so.
<Mary_jane`^> yeah
<Mary_jane`^> damn their hides
Quote 10217
<AlcarGM> Nora: "This is very weird....." She looks at you. "You ever give thought to kids?"
<Mary_jane`^> "All the time, but I don't think anyone deserves that kind of punishment."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "Huh?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Nevermind..."
* Mary_jane`^ just walks
<AlcarGM> Nora: "No, really. I mean, I wouldn't. There's these laws... well. But you'd be a good mother."
<Mary_jane`^> "I don't know how I'd keep them alive long enough to take care of themselves... and even then if they weren't powerful..."
<AlcarGM> Amy: "Dad managed it with us."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "And you turned out just fine, didn't you?" straight faced.
<AlcarGM> Amy: "I could bite you again."
Quote 10218
<Mary_jane`^> "If anything I'd probably hide out in some place no one else coudl go while I was pregnant, then I'd have the kid and have the dad move off and raise them in canada."
<AlcarGM> Gabe: "..... you do know that canada isn't a place no one else can go, right?"
<Mary_jane`^> "Yes, but if no one knows that they're related to me then they'd be safe plus they would be able to grow up in my world... if they grew up powerful enough for me to meet them then I could... otherwise I could give them the choice to come to... well I guess here is a good place."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "I wouldn't call a place filled with Sara's children good."
<AlcarGM> She shudders
Quote 10219
<AlcarGM> The six of you head into the town.
<AlcarGM> And yes, everyone does look pretty much alike. And yes, there is a LOT of staring. But they have numbers. No one runs away, though your face does make a little baby cry :p
<AlcarGM> You can hear children whispering "What's wrong with them?" and such
* Mary_jane`^ isn't that ugly!
<AlcarGM> MJ isn't at all. Worried, yet? :)
<Mary_jane`^> damn sara and her... pretty offspring!
* Mary_jane`^ looks like she's getting angry
<Mary_jane`^> (( HULK MAD! ))
<AlcarGM> (( Villager: "Hulk look ugly enough without getting green!" ))
Quote 10220
<Mary_jane`^> "Where do they go?"
<AlcarGM> To who?
<Mary_jane`^> the ground
<AlcarGM> it doesn't reply.
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't antagonize it
<AlcarGM> Are you sure? It's pretty much ignoring you.
Quote 10221
<Mary_jane`^> "I'm not sure... probably waisting time, since as soon as we get back to earth only a minute will have passed... But more importantly, what are you DOING here?"
* Mary_jane`^ motions toward the village
<AlcarGM> Sara puts a hand over her stomach. "Duh?"
<Mary_jane`^> "I noticed... Why?"
<Mary_jane`^> "You're not the kind of person to get knocked up."
<AlcarGM> Sara: "Well, we had to do somehting about the first thousand years," blithely, but her eyes narrow slightly.
* Mary_jane`^ raises an eyebrow
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Sara: "It has been over 2000 years here," sweetly. "SO I decided to have some pets to pass the time."
* Mary_jane`^ stares at her
* Mary_jane`^ stares some more
<Mary_jane`^> "Pets?"
<AlcarGM> Sara: "You know, dolls. Toys... Children! That's the word."
Quote 10222
<Mary_jane`^> "Sara, I realize there's a reason why you're here."
<AlcarGM> She nods. "Sex."
<Mary_jane`^> "No, that's not it... It's because you're..." Thinking "heartless."
<AlcarGM> Nora: "....MJ?" carefully. "There is a LOT of power here."
<Mary_jane`^> "Well how will she ever learn if she doesn't know her own faults?"
<AlcarGM> Sara: "You're just ashamed you can't be free," cheerfully.
<Mary_jane`^> "What?"
<AlcarGM> Sara: "He likes you," nodding to Max, who looks a little startled. "Probably because he's bored of living, but *anyway* you haven't done anything about it. Fear is stronger than love, for you." She shrugs. "If you want to pass judgements, fine: but it's the ones you pass mon yourself that count."
Quote 10223
<Mary_jane`^> "Anyway, if you let out too many secrets then... YOur enemies come and use them against you. You wouldn't know how that is, though, would you?"
<AlcarGM> Sara: "I don't have those!"
<Mary_jane`^> "Everyone has enemies, Sara, even switzerland."
Quote 10224
<Mary_jane`^> "Sara, just stop it, my patience is running thin. You pretend to be the stupid blonde who doesn't know anything but sex yet at every chance you rub into anyone's face that you know more than them about everything. Just... Drop it and tell me in plain english what the hell you're talking about and why it matters whether he has stamina."
<AlcarGM> Sara blinks. Stares at you thoughtfully, then shrugs. "Your problem is that you think it's an act, dear. It never is. I just point out you're too scared to know yourself, what you like. To embrace it, give in ..surrender..." she trails off for a few moments, remembering, then shrugs. "He's bored."
<Mary_jane`^> "What i'm asking is... If I take you both back to the real world, will he try to take it over again?"
<AlcarGM> She rolls her eyes. "I'm not him. You'
<AlcarGM> She rolls her eyes. "I'm not him. You'd have to ask him, of course."
* Mary_jane`^ sighs and puts her fingers on her temples
<Mary_jane`^> "One..."
<Mary_jane`^> "Two..."
<AlcarGM> She waits :p
<Mary_jane`^> "Three..."
<AlcarGM> Sara: "I bet you can make it to four if you really try," encouragingly
Quote 10225
* Mary_jane`^ tries harder
<AlcarGM> 5d6
<Sparkie> AlcarGM 5d6: 16
<AlcarGM> to keep sparkie happy :p
<AlcarGM> See? This is why we don't use you.
* Mary_jane`^ doesn't like sparkie
<Mary_jane`^> boooo sparkie!
* Sparkie smirks
<Mary_jane`^> you should just let me roll anyway
<Mary_jane`^> 5d6
<Sparkie> Mary_jane`^ 5d6: 17
<Mary_jane`^> like that
<Mary_jane`^> ... god i hate you
* Sparkie Quit (cosmos.esper.net anger.esper.net)
<Mary_jane`^> god loves me!